Shining

Grobodan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The following statement was issued today by SHINING founder and front man Niklas Kvarforth.

“A lot of things have been happening recently with SHINING, and the rapid growth of the band over the last year, and the commitment that SHINING now requires of me has meant that it has become impractical for me to continue working as vocalist with other bands.

This includes my work with BETHLEHEM, who themselves realised that the band could not continue with myself on vocals. BETHLEHEM is still my all-time favourite band and I wish them all the best for the future.

I will also be quitting as front man for DEN SAAKALDTE.

From now on, therefore, I will only be making occasional guest vocal appearances on albums by other bands, and my priority will be SHINING. My work with Maniac’s band SKITLIV will not be affected however, as all the vocals and the bulk of the creative work is in his hands.

As always, myself and the band very much appreciate all the support the fans are giving SHINING and their patience in waiting for the release of VII, and there will be some very good news regarding this very shortly".

Niklas Kvarforth

27 March 2011

Inače, rekoše da će okačiti novu pesmu čim dobiju dozvolu od izdavača. Ajde više.

SHINING Leave Indie Recordings

SHINING founder Niklas Kvarforth announced today that the band has parted company with label Indie Recordings, and has instead signed with Spinefarm Records. The frontman, who late last month announced that he was quitting all his other projects, with the exception of Maniac's SKITLIV, so that he could concentrate on Shining, is keen to stress that the parting from Indie is completely amicable explaining that

“There is absolutely no bad blood between Shining and Indie Recordings. We sat down together and talked everything through, and everyone came to the conclusion that the best way for Shining to grow and develop would be to sign the band to a label with the size and experience of Spinefarm. I would like to thank Indie for putting the interests of the band first and allowing this to deal to happen.”

Pesma!

Kvarforth himself defines the finished result as “THE” SHINING album. “It is”, he commented, “the natural successor to our fifth album “V/Halmstad”, rather than to our last release “VI/Klagopsalmer”, which I have always thought of as more of an experiment both in terms of writing and performance”. “VII / Född Förlorare” includes an array of guest appearances, and here follows a track by track description of the album.

First song: “Förtvivlan, Min Arvedel” (Despair, My Heritage) marks the start of what promises to be the darkest album in SHINING’s career to date - and for a band that epitomises the exploration of darkness, the significance of that statement is self-evident. A video of the track is currently being made.

Second song: “Tiden Läker Inga Sår” (Time Heals Nothing). As well as being tortured behind the microphone throughout most of the song, WATAIN’s Erik Danielsson makes an appearance on vocals on a track whose atmosphere is evocative of Led Zeppelin.

Third song: “Människa O’Avskyvärda Människa” (Man Despicable Man) could perhaps be the most groovy, yet most sinister and dark song from SHINING. Chris Amott of ARCH ENEMY contributes a magnificent solo on the track.

Fourth song: “Tillsammans Är Vi Allt” (Together We Are All) sheds an entirely new light on the band with its melancholic structure and the use of a grand piano as the lead instrument. The refrain is sung by Nordman, one of Sweden’s biggest pop stars.

Fifth song: “I Nattens Timma” (In The Night Hour). As can be expected with a SHINING album, there is always one track that differs from the rest, and this is the one, with only piano, mellotron and a guest vocal appearance by Peter Bjärgö of ARCANA.

Sixth song: “FFF” A track exploring family relationships, this is one of the most personal songs that Kvarforth has ever written.

Edited by Talvi

Dobra promena u zvuku, ritam je nešto što nisu ranije odradili baš na ovakav način, ali se odmah čuje čija je pesma. Biće ovo dobro, nema sumnje. :da:

Samo da smanje hard rock proseravanja sa V i biće dobro. Fino zvuči nova pesma.

Meni su bas ta hard rok proseravanja najbolja stvar kod njih. U sustini V mi je naj album njihov.

I meni najbolje leže ti rock trenuci kod njih, kada rif prebace u totalno zarazan fazon i onda provuku bluz solažu. :) Meni su IV i V najbolji, redosled zavisi od raspoloženja.

• 2 weeks later...

Vocalist Niklas Kvarforth of Swedish extreme metallers SHINING has issued the following update:

“Guitarist Fredric Gråby has left the ranks of SHINING today because he no longer felt able to continue playing. Unfortunately, this means that we have been forced to cancel our appearance at the Ragnarok Festival this month as there is not enough time for a new guitarist to learn the material. We are also pleased to announce that Christian Larsson, who has been playing bass with the band for some time on a temporary basis, has now has joined SHINING as a permanent full-time member."

Swedish extreme metallers SHINING recently filmed a video for a song from their new album forthcoming album, "VII / Född Förlorare", which in English means "Born Loser". According to the band, the clip, ill make its online debut on May 25, "might not be the most extreme thing you will ever see, but it will definitely be one of the most uncomfortable."