Dark Funeral

Narsil

• 2 weeks later...
Ave Everyone!

It’s been a really tuff and hectic schedule for us during the past couple of weeks, but I shall not complain. It actually feels amazingly good to be super busy again with the band, and especially spending time in the studio recording a new album.

On the weekends we have played festivals around Europe. It’s been a blast indeed! And on the weekdays we have, and are still, located at the Abyss Studio, recording what surly will become yet another masterpiece, no doubt!

I must admit that while I/we have been writing for this album my personal impression has been that the material is somewhat slower, not as technical etc compared to our previous albums. And I actually thought it would become like a 50/50 split with fast and non blastbeat songs. I couldn’t have been more wrong.

Bpm-wise we have, in all honestly, toned it down a bit compared to it precursor, but now, when all the music is recorded, my impressions have changed drastically. This is for sure our most intense and technical album to date. It is also our most varied album. And each song surly offers its own unique and personal touch.

Dominator, our new drummer, offers the most amazing drum-work ever on a Dark Funeral record. And whether you like our kind of music or not, I’m absolutely sure that you will be totally stunned when you hear what this beast can, and do behind the kit.

Now, how about hooking up Mr Dominator with some drum endorsement?

Tama drums have been kind enough to endorse him and us during the studio session, and it’s of course highly appreciated. But this guy surly deserves full drum endorsements without a doubt! Let the bidding war begin…

At this very moment E.M Caligula is working on the vocals. Unfortunately I can’t tell much about that just yet, but for what I know he will put on his best and most varied vocal performance ever. And I’m as curious as all of you to hear the final result. I’m however totally confident that he’ll blow us all away!

More news to come…

/

Lord Ahriman

DARK FUNERAL

Swedish black metallers DARK FUNERAL entered the Abyss studio on July 10 with producer Peter Tägtgren (HYPOCRISY, PAIN) to begin recording their as-yet-untitled new album.

Commented guitarist Lord Ahriman: "While E.M Caligula has been busy in the studio this week, writing and recording the vocals for the new album. The rest of us have had a well-deserved break, and spent some time at home with family and friends.

"Tomorrow (Friday, August 21) the whole band will meet up again at the Abyss studio. And to begin with, we will shoot a video for one of the new tracks!

"We have found some really sick and suitable locations in the area around the studio. So, besides working on the final stuff for the new record, we will shoot a video between Friday and Sunday. And by the time we are done with the video shoot, we should, hopefully, be ready to begin with the final mix and mastering of our new, yet-untitled masterpiece!

"During the coming weekend we will also be visited by international journalists and the mighty tattoo artist Carlos Aguilar (Black Shadows Tattoo and magazine).

"More detailed info on the new album; its title among many other things will be announced shortly."

• 2 weeks later...

Ave everyone!

Peter Tagtgren is currently mixing our new album at his Abyss Studios. Once we have approved the final mix, Jonas Kjellgren [scar Symmetry] will be mastering it.

By listening to the rough-mix, the final production will kill totally, no doubt! Can’t wait to blast the final result in the stereo!

We decided to go for a bit rawer sound this time, and not as crystal clear and perhaps polished as our last album [Attera Totus Sanctus ©2005], but no worries. The production still holds the high quality that you would come to expect from us. We haven’t done “a Metallica” so to say!

During the last weekend we spent at the Abyss Studio we recorded a video for one of the new tracks. The video was shot in and outside an old and closed mental hospital. The environment was just killer. And besides, it suited the video theme perfect! The video is currently under editing by “Standard Film Team”. And within the next 2-3 weeks it should be ready for world premiere. However, due to the graphic violence and somewhat gory nature of the video, I would assume that we will be forced to edit 2 versions, one soft and one hard core version. Exactly how and where we’ll release them is yet to be decided though, but we will keep you posted about it of course. The video was shot for a track called “My Funeral”.

Now you may wonder what the album will be called. Well, here is another “exclusive” for you…. ”Angelus Exuro pro Eternus” !!!

Estimated release date is set to November 18th!

• 3 weeks later...

The new masterpiece, which is set for a November 18th 2009 release via Regain Records, was recorded at Abyss Studio in Grangärde (Sweden) with famed engineer and legendary producer Peter Tägtgren (Pain, Hypocrisy). It includes a total of 9 songs. Musically it is the bands most technical and varied album to date. And while still being true to their roots, they have taken a great step forward in the evolution of their brand of fine Swedish black metal. “ANGELUS EXURO PRO ETERNUS” is, from the very beginning to the end, a hell ride you simply don’t want to miss!

The album will be released in a couple of different formats. One of the first officially confirmed information is that the very first editions will be a 2 DISC Limited Edition [containing 1 CD + 1 Live DVD]. The bonus live DVD offers approx. 55 minutes of all previously unreleased material. Professionally filmed with 6 cameras during the band’s highly acclaimed 15th anniversary special show, which has been commended as a “firestorm” during the P&L Festival in Sweden 2008, cannot be missed! The album will also include 2 versions (soft & hardcore) of their brand new video for “My Funeral”.

CD - "ANGELUS EXURO PRO ETERNUS!

Tracklisting:

1. The End Of Human Race [4:43]

2. The Birth Of The Vampiir [4:50]

3. Stigmata [5:06]

4. My Funeral [5:30]

5. Angelus Exuro pro Eternus [5:04]

6. Demons of Five [4:48]

7. Declaration of Hate [5:24]

8. In My Dreams [6:30]

9. My Latex Queen [5:21]

* Video clip: My Funeral [2 versions]