Pharaoh

RNA

• 2 weeks later...

US metallers PHARAOH have set Be Gone as the tentative title for their upcoming third album, due for a release later this year via Cruz del Sur

Music.

As drummer Chris Black explains, "It would be misleading to call this a concept album, although there is a common thread to the lyrics throughout. We're working more closely together as a band on the songwriting this time, for both music and lyrics, so naturally we're seeing a more cohesive album coming together."

Some working song titles for the album include 'Dark New Life', 'Cover Your Eyes And Pray', 'Red Honor', 'When We Fly' and 'Ten Years'.

Despite having released two albums, Pharaoh has yet to perform live. "We haven't had the right opportunity," says the drummer. "All of us want to do it, but only under the right conditions. [Vocalist] Tim [Aymar] is living in Florida now, I'm in Michigan, and the other guys are in Pennsylvania, so we're not exactly in a position to perform on stage unless the conditions and timing are 100%. And we always give priority to studio work, since that is what makes us Pharaoh. We are songwriters above all else, and that will never change."

The band is presently completing the songwriting and rehearsal process for a June/July recording session at MCR Studios with Matt Crooks, the same facility and producer responsible for the band's 2006 album The Longest Night.

i to sa nestrpljenjem,bogami,drugi je mnogo bolji od prvog

inace,neko je pitao za Canvas solaris,na ovoj ili drugoj temi :)...citao sam intervju koji je licno Matt radio sa njima u Metal maniacs,instrumentalni progressive thrash bend,zvuci primamljivo.

• 7 months later...
US metallers band PHARAOH are once again in the studio, for the recordings of their third album Be Gone, which is going to be released shortly before their first European appearance (and first show ever) at the Germany’s Keep It True Festival taking place on April the 5th, 2008 at the Tauberfrankenhalle in Lauda-Königshofen.

• 7 months later...

'Be Gone' is also the first album on which the traditional heavy and power metal has been put more to the back and has a bit different sound and approach.

Yes! You see about the time we started traditional heavy metal was just becoming a bit more popular again and bands like Rage or Blind Guardian were doing very well. But then the whole thing started to get out of had and more and more junk started to come out. All the cheesy sweet power metal bands with sweet voices and everything started to make crap after crap and then you end up listening to Dragonforce! I mean, Drágonforce! For crying out loud, how terrible can you get? That's a cartoon band and a terrible joke. It's Spinal Tap, but then in reality. That band is stupid in every way and those guitar players, h my god! I mean, I don't have any doubts that Herman Li is a talented guitar player, but he cheated on the album. They made the tracks run slower during recording so that it sounded as if this guy was the fastest player ever or something. I hate everything about that band since the beginning. Some guy told be back then that I had to check out this band Dragonheart on mp3.com and I listened to it and I was like "what kind of shit is this?" Dragon force! For fuck's sake, get some dignity people!

And even if you like Dragonforce, where do you take it from there? You can make it sweater, you can't make it cheesier, you can't make it faster… and then you get Cellador, which is even worse! You know, back in 1997 when power metal was making a kind of comeback, some very good albums were released, like Edguy's 'Vain Glory Opera'. When Dragonforce came everything was finished. I just wish that this whole power metal thing would go away for a while, because it's simply not it was used to be and even bands like Iron Saviour, Edguy or Blind Guardian don't have the effect they used to have.

link za ceo

http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showinterview.p...185&lang=nl

Yes! You see about the time we started traditional heavy metal was just becoming a bit more popular again and bands like Rage or Blind Guardian were doing very well. But then the whole thing started to get out of had and more and more junk started to come out. All the cheesy sweet power metal bands with sweet voices and everything started to make crap after crap and then you end up listening to Dragonforce! I mean, Drágonforce! For crying out loud, how terrible can you get? That's a cartoon band and a terrible joke. It's Spinal Tap, but then in reality. That band is stupid in every way and those guitar players, h my god! I mean, I don't have any doubts that Herman Li is a talented guitar player, but he cheated on the album. They made the tracks run slower during recording so that it sounded as if this guy was the fastest player ever or something. I hate everything about that band since the beginning. Some guy told be back then that I had to check out this band Dragonheart on mp3.com and I listened to it and I was like "what kind of shit is this?" Dragon force! For fuck's sake, get some dignity people!

Напокон неко паметан! Praised the lord!

• 1 year later...

Moram da priznam da me ovaj bend malo razočarao. Očekivao sam više kad sam čuo koliko je hvaljen. Prvi album ima zanimljivih pesama, onako je baš u Maiden fazonu. Drugi je zato prilično dosadan, sve se jedno te isto ponavlja, mnogo kompleksnosti, a malo poente, nijedna pesma mi nije ušla u uši. Treći nisam još čuo.

• 1 year later...