• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Odlican intervju sa Dale Crover-om.

When you think about how the music spectrum has changed since even that time with regards to recording, writing, promotion, even how it’s created to some degree. How have you seen that shift change since then just with regards to what people’s perceptions and exposure to good art and good music?

As far as changing, I guess with the music business we’ve always just rolled with the punches. Making records now is certainly, with the digital age, I think easier. For one, it’s less expensive. At the same time, a lot of studios have closed because of it. Because people aren’t spending the money in a studio but recording at home or whatever. We’ve just never worried about what was going with anybody else and just worried about what we wanted to do. [Laughs] And that’s always been the case with everything.

Like songs that we write, and even the way we operate our band, we felt never quite the same as anybody else. Most people and most musicians seem to be worried about what people are gonna think. I guess that’s the biggest thing right there. We never cared about what other people thought. We cared about what we thought. I think that’s the biggest thing. If we like it, and we think it’s good, then we think everybody should think the same way – even though we know that’s not always gonna happen. We’ve always known that our stuff’s been uncompromising. Not necessarily on purpose.

We’ve always thrown out the normal pop formula for writing a song and decided to think of things musically different. Which Buzz does a really good job of, and I’m not sure if it’s because he’s not really musically trained. He’s kind of self taught besides learning from some other people and learning chords and riffs, stuff like that. I think that has something to do with the way he thinks about song structure and writing and things like that.

http://www.steelforbrains.com/post/68499420069/the-melvins-dale-crover

• 5 weeks later...

Sjajan intervju. U Bazovom prepoznatljivom stilu, bez dlake na jeziku. Naravno da se ne slažem sa svime što je rekao, ali čovek mora da ceni njegov trud i volju da objasni stavove.

Pitanje koje se nameće: budući da toliko kudi bendove koji se raspadaju "bez razloga", kao i one koji nastavljaju da drljaju i objavljuju prosečne albume - kako ne vidi da Melvins danas spadaju u drugu kategoriju?

Pitanje koje se nameće: budući da toliko kudi bendove koji se raspadaju "bez razloga", kao i one koji nastavljaju da drljaju i objavljuju prosečne albume - kako ne vidi da Melvins danas spadaju u drugu kategoriju?

to se i meni provlacilo kroz glavu dok sam citao tekst... pa njegov bend izbacuje prosecne albume vec 10 godina, ako ne i duze

• 3 weeks later...