Turisas

Sachnoth

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Finnish "battle metal" warriors TURISAS will release their third album, "Stand Up And Fight", via Century Media Records on the following dates:

Finland, Japan: February 23, 2011

Germany, Austria, Switzerland: February 25, 2011

Rest Of Europe: February 28, 2011

Australia, New Zealand: March 4, 2011

North America: March 8, 2011

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. The March Of The Varangian Guard

02. Take The Day!

03. Hunting Pirates

04. ß??et??! - p??s????!

05. Stand Up And Fight

06. The Great Escape

07. Fear The Fear

08. End Of An Empire

09. The Bosphorus Freezes Over

The title track is available as a free download at this location.

"'Stand Up And Fight' is a loose continuation of the story from 'The Varangian Way', and picks up where the previous one left us, in Constantinople," explains mainman Mathias Nygård. "However, it is not a sequel as such. In general, the songs are much more universal and deal with topics that can be placed just as tightly into the modern world as in the 11th century Byzantine Empire. 'Stand Up And Fight' has much more to offer the contemporary listener."

Their more contemporary and universal approach is also reflected by a revamped look.

"TURISAS has always been about progression and evolution, and now with a new album we're not here to repeat ourselves but to have something new to come with — also visually," adds Nygård.

"Our look has developed through the years, and it's never been something we created once to be static forever.

"Innovation is reinventing yourself regularly.

"We toured 'The Varangian Way' for three and a half years with a look that was tied to the album. With a new release, it was time for a makeover.

"The visual side has always played a very strong role in TURISAS, and fear not — that's not going to change. Stronger than ever, TURISAS has returned!"

The biggest, boldest and most gloriously extravagant album of the band's career, "Stand Up And Fight" erupts like the ultimate heavy metal musical, with many layers of orchestration and choral harmonies adding to these songs' intense sense of drama and mischief. Although remaining true to the spirit of past TURISAS records, the new album — which was recorded between March and September 2010 at Sound Supreme studios in in Hämeenlinna, Finland, and was mixed by Jens Bogren (OPETH, PARADISE LOST) at Fascination Street studios in Örebro, Sweden — takes the Finns to a whole new level of depth and bravado, as their unmistakable sound expands before our very ears, consistently conjuring up vivid images of the Vikings' ongoing adventures.

"On 'Stand Up And Fight' the storytelling and flavour of musical drama is more strongly present than ever," agrees Nygård. "The album also introduces some new flavors like '80s stadium rock. For the first time, 'Stand Up And Fight' features real string and horn sections played by some of the best Finnish classical musicians, hand-picked from leading symphony orchestras at home and abroad. I'm sure TURISAS fans will be surprised, but in a positive way!"

turisasstand.jpg

Iskreno, nista posebno od njih ni ne ocekujem. Verovatno ni oni ne pokusavaju da naprave nista revolucionarno, vec prate Korpiklaani formulu - ako je publika dovoljno pijana, svaka melodija ce uciniti da zaigra :) The Varangian Way je imao svojih trenutaka, mada mi je bio prilicno dosadan, ali uvodna i poslednja pesma na albumu su nesto na cemu su mogli nastaviti raditi na novom albumu, da se mozda malo razviju do necega sto ce ljudi zapravo slusati kad nisu pijani icon_cool.gif Malo mi je dobar deo pravca folk/viking/war/stagod metala zastranio u to veselje, pa se polako gubi poenta istorijskog i kulturnog nasledja koje nalazi mesto u muzici, sto bi, po mom skromnom misljenju, trebala biti poenta celog zanra.

Evo ja upravo jutros izdvojih vreme, d ajoš u krevetu preslušam novi Turisas. Mogu reći da album zvuči stvarno jako dobro, bolji je od predhodnih. Uglavnom, koliko sam primetio, na prvo preslušavanje, nima značajnije manje black vocala, uglavnom se koriste samo čisti vokali i horovi što je u suštini mnogo bolje.

Muzika je još više soundtrack-like nego na predhodnom izdanju, mada se u suštini albun nadovezuje na Vagerian Way.

U svakom slučaju ako ste do sad voleli Turisas verujem da će vam se i ovaj album jako svideti.

Jbt, evo sad primetih p nama dadoše novi album više od 2 meseca pre izlaska, stvarno smo im postali prioritet:D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Isti fazon kao Varangian way potpuno... tek sam jednom poslušao, videću da li mi je bolji ili gori od njega.

pa isti je fazon sem što možda ovaj je manje extremniji i pesme imaju još više taj ''soundtrack-like feeling''. meni je album u suštini za sad prvo izdanje koje mi se svidelo kakda je reč o startu 2011. Dobro ja sam već imao prilike možda i desetak izdanja iz naredne godine da preslušam. Dobro nas snadbevaju ovi naši drugari:D!

pa isti je fazon sem što možda ovaj je manje extremniji i pesme imaju još više taj ''soundtrack-like feeling''.

To jeste ali meni je ovaj ostavio utisak manje epskog, uprkos tome što si naveo. I nema nekog mega hita kao Jarisleif. Ali dobro, kažem - tek sam na početku, videćemo...