Saxon

Blackmore

Nisu pali u zaborav nikako, narocito sto se tice Evrope, prodaja albuma cesto nije u ravni sa kvalitetom. Sredinom 90ih su bili u velikoj krizi i ne samo oni ali mislim da im se popularnost polako penje od 2000. na ovamo.

Albumi iz kasnijih '80ih su po meni pokusaj baziran na DefLeppard-u i to prilicno dobar ali generalno taj njihov zaokret mi se nije svidjao i zbog toga su popucali, ali ako ubrajam i rane albume kvalitetom ne samo sto su u ravni sa DefLeppardom nego i bolji. Sa Priest-om ih nisam ni poredio od Priest-a i Maidena tesko ko moze biti bolji, oni su im 80ih samo bili reper za uspeh preko okeana. Nazalost zbog poplave sweeta, glama i razoraznih drugih govana uglavnom sa americke strane ta scena je generalno smeksavala u tom periodu pa je kao odgovor na sve to trash poceo da buja.

Mislim da se od '90ih plako vracaju svom originalnom zvuku i da im je 2004. Lionheart bio njihov drugi vrhunac ako se tako moze nazvati.

Edited by KAKTUSCAR

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

due to cancellation of Skopje show the Saxon management was forced

to reschedule the Beograd, the Zagreb and the Budapest shows (24.-26. April).

Please check the new dates belowed !

14.09.2007 GER Nürnberg Löwensaal (new !)

15.09.2007 F Strasbourg La Laiterie (new !)

16.09.2007 F Magny Cours Bol D'or (new !)

18.09.2007 AUT Salzburg Rockhouse (new !)

19.09.2007 tba.

20.09.2007 HUN Budapest Petofi Hall (new !)

21.09.2007 SER Beograd SKC (new !)

22.09.2007 CRO Zagreb Boogaloo Club (new !)

Sorry for the inconvenience, abig thanks to our promoters to change that quick,

there will be more dates announced soon, hopefully a show in macedonia aswell.

KARTE VAZE ZA 21.SEPTEMBAR , DALJA PRODAJA KARATA SE NASTAVLJA TAKODJE !

Данас стигла и званична обавијест! БАрем ћемо лепо да скупимо паре, а сад да купим карту за Блајнд Гардијан.

Данас стигла и званична обавијест! БАрем ћемо лепо да скупимо паре, а сад да купим карту за Блајнд Гардијан.

weeeeeeeee :pivopije:

Gledam ovih dana Saxon Chronicles koncert iz 2003... Ekipa je ludaaa totalno... Kakav cert!!!

:drool: :da: :da: :bigblue:

• 1 month later...

Fuck Harvey Goldsmith! If he thinks Saxon are pedestrian, then the man needs a fucking lobotomy. Saxon have been alive for 31 years now and they still play with the enthusiasm of a band just starting out. Whatever Biff and the boys possess to make them so full of energy, then I want some as I was so knackered the day after this gig.

Running around the photo pit for the glorious opening trio of State of Grace, Let Me Feel Your Power and the wonderfully heavy Motorcycle Man sent the adrenaline rushing through my veins.

After another song off the Inner Sanctum, If I Was You, it was time for a set of classics. Strong Arm Of The Law was followed by Never Surrender, which the band had rehearsed that day especially for Nottingham and then The Thin Red Line.

As predictable as ever, but still great fun, Biff asked the crowd if they wanted a fast one, or a slow one. As usual, the fast one won and one of my favourites Saxon songs, 20,00 Feet saw the place explode and to my right, a group of young kids were headbanging as if their life depended on it. Are We Travellers In Time made way for Witchfinder General, which was followed up by To Hell And Back Again, which is also to be the title of Saxons forthcoming DVD. Another newie, Red Star Falling saw the stage bathed in red lights and I have to say, all of their new songs have fitted in with Saxons older material very well. The crowd were

baying for Dallas 1PM, but there were no complaints when Princess of the Night exploded from the extremely loud PA. Crusader followed before I’ve Got To Rock (To Stay Alive) brought the main set to an end.

First of 7 encores was Attila The Hun, which I have to admit I prefer on cd, because it didn't really hit home live. 747 (Strangers In The Night) went the same way for me and wasn't as good as I've heard it in the past. Normality was restored with Heavy Metal Thunder. Doug Scarrat seemed to attempt a solo just before And The Bands Played On, which he seemed to abort very quickly, I think due to a broken string. But he got his chance to shine just before Wheels Of Steel, which saw Biff finally remove his long coat for the first time tonight. How he coped with the heat on stage I'll never know.

Saxon left the stage briefly, but Biff was caught trying to sneak back on stage in the dark and it was time for the anthemic Denim and Leather. I'm not sure why, but Ashes To Ashes closed the set. Which for me is a strange choice as Saxon have so many barnstorming anthems that didn't get played tonight (Power and the Glory + Lionheart being the most obvious omissions) but hey, I'm not going to nitpick after such a great concert.

Saxon are probably the best band ever to come out of England and yes, that means better than Maiden and to see them once again this close and personal does it for me every time. With Saxon, you know exactly what you are going to get. A set of classic Heavy Metal and lots of fun from Biff Byford. Yes, he churns out the same corny jokes and one-liners on every tour, but would you honestly want it any other way? Saxon are the perfect live band and epitomise just why we all Live 4 Metal. The interaction between band and their audience at a Saxon gig is second to none and this feels like a gathering of old friends rather than a concert. Once again, this was one of the best gigs I've ever been to and it rivals last years St Georges day bash at the Astoria. Breathtaking.

На песми ред стар фалинг, певају како је сад све супер кад је комунизам срушен. Како деца играју се слободно и друге глупости. Ниједанпут нису споменули како је нато и запад злочиначки. На брокен хероес, су славили Америку у Виетнаму. Ни на старе дане саксон није престао са својом болесноумном политиком. Управо запад подржава највеће комуњаре у Србији. Али то се очигледно хипокритичног саксoна не тиче.

Red Star Falling

Where were you when the red star fell

Did you hear the tolling of the bell

A million people on the streets

They march as one they march for peace

Breakin´ free from the iron fist

The price you pay a deadly risk

Live no more in fear and shame

The hammer´s gone release from blame

The tanks have left the walls torn down

The sound of silence all around

Hear no more the screams of pain

Freedom now the beast is slain

The beast is slain

Did you see the red star falling

Where were you when the red flag burned

The ashes gone the tables turned

One by one the cracks appeared

The overlord no longer feared

The children sing they dance once more

On the streets no signs of war

The strangle hold that held you tight

Broken now no will to fight

The guards have gone the wire torn down

The beast is slain

Falling down falling down falling down

They marched as one

To see the red star falling

They paid their price

The price for liberty

Where were you when the red star died

Did you raise your voices to the sky

Forgotten now the fear and pain

Or does your memory still remain

The people held in bonds of steel

It took so long to break the seal

After all that´s said and done

A million people can´t be wrong

The tanks have gone the walls torn down

The beast is slain

The beast is slain

They marched as one

To see the red star falling

The beast is slain

They paid their price

The price for liberty

Falling down falling down falling down

Falling down falling down

To za Def Leppard se i Priest se ne bih slozio. Mislim da su bolji Od Saxona. A iskreno mi se jebe koji im je album bio uspesan a koji nije. Meni je bitna muzika. Mislim da je Saxon od pocetka devedesetih lagano pao u zaborav. Nazalost.

Ti volis da nerviras ljude,kako mozes da uporedis Leppard sa Saxonom?Posle Piromanije je Leppard u skroz drugom filmu tipa Duran Duran,Bon Jovi itd.

Pocetkom devedesetih je Saxon bio itekako popularan prvo Solid Ball Of Rock a onda Forever Free,ruku na srce jedan od najslabijih albuma u 90-tim ali sa pametnom politikom menadzmenta idu krajem ´92 na turneju sa Motörhead "Bombers&Eagles" tour i svaku noc sviraju pred masom od 3-8 hiljada ljudi,zavisno od velicine dvorane nekih tridesetak nastupa.Jos imam T-shirt sa te turneje.

На песми ред стар фалинг, певају како је сад све супер кад је комунизам срушен. Како деца играју се слободно и друге глупости. Ниједанпут нису споменули како је нато и запад злочиначки. На брокен хероес, су славили Америку у Виетнаму. Ни на старе дане саксон није престао са својом болесноумном политиком. Управо запад подржава највеће комуњаре у Србији. Али то се очигледно хипокритичног саксoна не тиче.

Што си ти неко наивно чељаде.

Šteta što neki ljudi moraju uvek politiku da trpaju svuda....

"Broken heroes" je dobra pesma,zabole me uvce o čemu se u njoj "zapravo" radi,i koje je "skriveno značenje"....paranoični Srbi uvek misle da svet samo o njima vodi računa i njima smišlja spletke i prozivke.....

Ići ću na koncert,svakako.

• Upvote 1