My Dying Bride

nepenthe

Fenomenalan bend........

Odlicna svirka i prosto sjajni tekstovi od pesama-ljudi su umetnici,rekao bi....

Omiljene stvari su mi Return Of The Beautyfull i Thrash Of Naked Limbs(jedan od najboljih rifova koje sam cuo u metalu!)

I nisu bas cist doom,rekao bi da ima dosta gothic i death elemenata...

MDB have been locked up in the studio since the beginning of April and are busy recording their new album. According to the band, at least 5 songs have already been recorded with more in the pipeline. No details on song or album titles are available, yet. John, the drummer from The Prophecy, with whom the band have played live in the past year, is also behind the kit in the studio, filling in for regular MDB drummer Shaun Taylor-Steels (who is still having problems with his ankle after injuring it badly last year).

More as we get it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sound Chaser: Your new album should be out later this year... Can you give us some basic info about it?

Ade: "Well … the album will be called 'A Line Of Deathless Kings' and I'm listening to it now. It has nine songs and is approximately one hour long. We recorded it at Academy Studios in Dewsbury and it was mixed at Chapel Studios in Lincolnshire — the same place that '34.788%' was mixed. We are all tremendously proud of this album. It hasn't been easy to record, not just a case of turning up at the studio and recording something — there has been a lot of writing, re-writing, changes, cuts, additions, discussion, thought, ideas (good and bad) and a whole host of other emotions and the end result really reflects that. Listening back to some of the early recordings and comparing them to the final product there is a world of difference and I hope it shows to everyone else as well. I wish you could all hear the evolution as well rather than just the final polished product."

Sound Chaser: Where will the new album go both lyric and music–wise?

Ade: "The album will be typically MY DYING BRIDE. We never set any boundaries; we just write what feels good to us. We write music that we would like to listen to, in a way. I played it to one of my good friends and he commented that, if you didn't know who it was you would know it was MY DYING BRIDE immediately. We seem to have our own particular sound and way or writing songs — something I can't explain. When we get together, 'it' happens."

Sound Chaser: Obviously, fans always have certain expectations. Is that burdening for you as artists?

Ade: "It's not necessarily a burden, but as much as we want people to appreciate our music, there is no way we can please everybody. Each individual has a favorite MY DYING BRIDE album and would love us to keep reproducing that period of our recording history, but we move on musically, as we have to… not in any really conscious or pre-meditated way, as though we have a master plan before we start to write or record. It is a very emotional and organic process. We all know when something sounds right and when the music is MY DYING BRIDE with the feelings of sorrow and blackness."

• 2 months later...