My Dying Bride

nepenthe

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Njah, ja sam slusala nekada skoro sve sa etiketom doom, gothic/doom i bla bla bla truc. Sad mi jedino ponekad dodje da pustim MDB, a svaki novi album redovno nabavljam. Zakljucak je - ili sam ja mejnstrim ili jesu najbolji :razz:.

• 1 month later...

Hello MDB fans!

I cannot understand the fascination with wanting to hear a violin in MDB's music. I believe that without my input (the last time being 10 YEARS AGO!), the band has recorded music of such unsurpassed beauty and grace that to want to add a certain instrument just because 'it used to be there' is exhibiting a bizarre mindset. Perhaps my playing and writing added a certian quality to the music, but that was a decade ago. Why the fascination with revisiting that? MDB as a creative unit are producing amazing music here and now. If you want violin listen to the old albums (which i still enjoy!). The constant desire for its return is understandable if you love those albums, but let the past be such. I wish Gyorgy Ligeti was alive so i could hear more music...it won't happen obviously (he's dead - for those of you not familiar with 20th century composers).

It may or may not happen in the future that i play or write with the good chaps in MDB - time and other commitments are always a pressing issue - but regardless, i do wish you true fans would stop talking about it and get on listening to and enjoying what my good friends in MDB do NOW!

Martin Powell

• 2 weeks later...

Legendary UK doom metallers MY DYING BRIDE have announce the extension of their partnership with Peaceville Records.

On signing the new deal guitarist Andrew Craighan commented "We've been with Peaceville since the release of our very first album way back in 1992 and it's a pleasure to announce that we'll continue working together for the coming future, as we feel there is a great understanding between ourselves and Peaceville moving forward, and both look forward to bringing more crushing doom your way soon."

The new My Dying Bride live CD/DVD set, An Ode to Woe is available now and the band are currently underway with recording their highly-anticipated follow-up to 2006's album, A Line of Deathless Kings with long-time producer, Mags.