My Dying Bride

nepenthe

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My Dying Bride are in the studio recording their 12th full studio album at Academy Studios’ in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire the mix and some final edits will take place at Futureworks in Manchester.

Engineering work is being taken care of by Keith Appleton, Dan Mullins and Mags.

No definite release date as yet but considering the recording has only just started it’s not looking good for this year but who knows.

Drums are done and Calvin is as we speak working on his side of the guitar tracks. We haven't had a lot of time for pictures but we promise to get some up before recording is finished.

As of today we have 7 songs and the working titles are below, only Feel The Misery is a definite title the rest will change more than likely as we progress.

Feel The Misery

A Mirthless Morrow

Candles

To Shiver In Empty Halls

Broken Hope

Neptune Arise

I Am Now As Death

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My Dying Bride’s latest opus and 12th full studio album, ‘Feel the Misery’, is set for release on 18th September on Peaceville Records. With crushing epic doom spanning 8 tracks, and featuring the return of original guitarist Calvin Robertshaw to the fold, this is undoubtedly amongst the band’s heaviest, darkest, & most majestic works to date, marking My Dying Bride’s 25th anniversary in punishing style, with the title track also set to feature as the album’s debut video.

‘Feel the Misery’ sees a notable return to the band’s old haunt, Academy Studios in Dewsbury West Yorkshire for recording, where all of My Dying Bride’s classic early albums were produced. Mixing once more takes place at Futureworks in Manchester UK with the band’s long-time studio engineer/producer, Mags.

The band comments on the themes of ‘Feel the Misery’: “Contained within are all the grandeur and mastery of the melancholic one would expect to find on a recording from this group of musicians. The crushing of hearts and the solemn farewells to friends and lovers twinned with the destruction of flesh and the passions of cruelty are laid neatly for the listener to devour and savour. Eight new compositions detailing the path of life through dark doors and the burdens we all must endure simply to make it to the end, My Dying Bride have returned with a foreboding new album which may enlighten, delight and consume the soul in one epic sitting”.

‘Feel the Misery’ will be released on CD, vinyl, plus a special edition 2CD/2x10” vinyl set in deluxe earbook format, with exclusive music & expanded booklet.

Tracklisting:

1. And My Father Left Forever

2. To Shiver In Empty Halls

3. A Cold New Curse

4. Feel The Misery

5. A Thorn Of Wisdom

6. I Celebrate Your Skin

7. I Almost Loved You

8. Within A Sleeping Forest

11403476_917165751678617_313926354311245805_n.jpg?oh=0bdc65d9a5dedb33c66ad29b4eb0983e&oe=562E3352

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...