Progressive Rock - opšta diskusija

Kamaitachi

Mascot Label Group has announced the release of the eponymous debut album from FLYING COLORS — the spectacular new virtuoso prog/pop/metal rock band formed by drummer Mike Portnoy (ex-DREAM THEATER) and guitarist Steve Morse (DEEP PURPLE). The CD will be made available via Music Theories Recordings in the U.K. on Monday, March 26, followed by a U.S. release on Tuesday, March 27.

FLYING COLORS is Mike Portnoy (drums, vocals), Dave LaRue (bass), Neal Morse (keyboards, vocals), Casey McPherson (lead vocals, guitar), and Steve Morse (lead guitar).

"This album has bits and pieces of what you'd expect from each of us," says Portnoy. ""The sum of all its parts led to brand new, unchartered territory for everyone involved."

• 5 weeks later...

Neal Morse je jedino prijatno iznenađenje mada on zaslužuje najmanje 2 solo albuma u top 5, a lista najboljih prog rock albuma poslednjih 10 godina bez Transatlantic, Spock's Beard i The Flower Kings je smešna. Oni su obeležili čitavu dekadu što se tiče pravog prog roka.

It's official! Enchant is making a new album!

Contracts have just been signed with Inside Out Music and Century Media for a new Enchant album to be released later this year or early 2013 at the latest. The band is very excited and is currently working on new music as we speak! The band starts recording all new material within the upcoming months, so check back here for updates and progress reports on what will be Enchant's ninth album! There's also talk of video footage of the making of the new album, so keep your eyes and ears open for a behind-the-scenes look into the band's recording process.

• 2 weeks later...

Pojavio se Flying colors, samo me mrzi da pronađem link.

Jedan od highlightova je završni epic Infinite fire, odmah se čuje da je Neal glavni mozak kada je ona u pitanju. Ali dve pesme koje su me najviše oduvale na albumu su Kayla i Love is what I'm waiting for, ako one nisu catchy onda ne znam šta je. Pogotovo ova druga, ne znam kada sam poslednji put čuo toliko dopadljivih melodija smisleno upakovanih u samo tri i po minuta a da pesmi pritom ništa ne nedostaje. Sve ostale su isto dobre, ali nisu me toliko impresionirale.

Ako se ova ekipa odluči da snimi još jedan album, taj će već biti pun pogodak. :rockdevil:

Kad se pre pojavio već?

Danas ponovo gledao Transatlantic intervju sa Whirlwind turneje, zar je već toliko prošlo? Moraju snimiti novi album što pre. Vreme im je. Nadam se ove godine da makar počnu snimanje, nakon što Neal izda novi solo na leto.

"Onward", the new studio album from legendary mavericks HAWKWIND, will be released on April 30 via Eastworld Recordings. Recorded at Earth Studios, the eagerly awaited follow-up to "Blood Of The Earth" (2010, Eastworld) "encapsulates the band in full creative flight with a lavish collection of new music featuring soundtracks for Internet warfare, mantra's for self-realization and electrical systems checks," according to a press release.

"Onward" will include luxurious packaging across multi-formats, with exclusive bonus live tracks taken from the HAWKWIND vaults, demonstrating the prowess of the late Jason Stuart's exceptional keyboard playing.

"Onward" track listing:

01. Seasons

02. The Hills Have Ears (guest guitarist: Huw Lloyd Langton)

03. Mind Cut

04. System Check

05. Death Trap

06. Southern Cross

07. The Prophecy

08. Electric Tears

09. The Drive By

10. Computer Cowards

11. Howling Moon

12. Right To Decide (bonus track)

13. Aerospace Age (bonus track)

14. The Flowering Of The Rose (bonus track)

15. Trans Air Trucking

16. Deep Vents

17. Green Finned Demon