Progressive Rock - opšta diskusija

Kamaitachi

Album Reviews :

E GREAT RETURN OF VITTORIO DE SCALZI AND NICO DI PALO WITH NEW TROLLS, A PROG BAND WHICH IS PART OF ITALIAN MUSIC HISTORY FOR FUSING EXPERIMENTAL PROG-ROCK SOUNDS AND SYMPHONIC MUSIC. NEW TROLL'S CONCERTO GROSSO IS A MILESTONE ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF ITALIAN ROCK AND AFTER THE FIRST 2 VOLUMES, RELEASED SEVERAL YEARS AGO, THIS BAND IS BACK WITH A THIRD CHAPTER. IT IS A LONG SUITE OF PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED TRACKS REVEALING THE EXCELLENT CREATIVE MOMENT OF THE BAND. VERY GOOD SYMPHONIC ARRANGEMENTS AND AN EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE. A MUST FOR ALL PROG FANS.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Review 1 by Andrea Cortese @ Prog Archives:

Well, this is the reunion between two masterminds Vittorio De Scalzi and Nico Di Palo. 2007 looks like a wonderful year for prog in Italy. I wonder what it will be next.

Concerto Grosso - third act - shows an obvious reference to both the first two Concerto Grosso's (the excellent opener "The Knowledge (Overture)" shows it clearly, especially for the first one). The baroque orchestra and sound is the cornerstone upon which all the tracks' selection is based. Harder and softer moments alternates with a more relevant role for delicate and romantic interludes. I was really astonished and enthusiastic since the very first listening 'cause I couldn't even imagine such a high standard of quality. Classic New Trolls have returned!

People, believe in me, you have to try the couple "The Season Of Hope (Piano Preludio)" and "Simply Angels (Suite)"...well, that's wonderful, in the best New Trolls tradition. Excellent also the vocal richness, thanks to the help of a certain Shel Shapiro (leader of the beat italian band "Rokes") and his deep and warm voice and soprano Madelyn Monti.

----------------------------------------

Review 2 by Roberto Ferrari @ Prog Archives:

Hey , this is NOT a nostalgic reunion but a fantastic comeback. After years of fighting, pop songs etc Vittorio and Nico have made this fantastic album. Here and there (The Knowledge) the sound and orchestration is similar to CG1 but globally the music even if linked to the 70's has a quite modern sound thanks also to Bellia, Sposito and in particular to the 6 string virtuoso Andrea Maddalone. The drummer is Alfio Vitanza formerly "Latte e Miele". Unfortunately Nico, due to his present physical condition can't play the guitar but his vocals are still at the top; Vittorio plays piano, classic guitar, flute and sings like a king. I don't rate any song as the best of the album, but "Dance With The Rain" and "To love the land" are edging over the other tunes, in my opinion. NT will record soon a DVD live with CG1, CG2 and CG3 and This CD will be also available in vinyl format for collectors only. Finally, the CD is produced by Franz Di Cioccio of PFM!! Keep progging, Forza Italia.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

To read more of their biography,CLICK HERE

Hajde i ja nešto da preporučim, mislim da ih niste do sada pominjali.

The Gourishankar je ruski bend, koji koliko sam shvatila nije još uvek toliko poznat, ali sudeći po poslednjem albumu (koji sam jedino uspela da nađem) ima šta da ponudi, i možemo od njih očekivati mnogo zanimljive stvari u budućnosti...

Elem bend je relativno mlad ima 3 izdanja zasada (2002 Integral Symphony, 2003 Close Grip, 2007 2nd Hands)

Poslednji možete naći na blogu u mom potpisu, ako neko zna gde se mogu naći prethodna dva javite mi jer su me ljudi stvarno oduševili što melodijama, što različitošću, originalnošću...

To je moje subjektivno mišljenjem nadam se da će vam se svideti makar upola koliko se meni svideo ;)

tg_vlad_1280x800.jpg

Vidim, i Sylvan je postavljen. Ako ako, dobar bend zaista.

E da, trenutno slusam, pa da pomenem jedan simpatican bend, ranije sam ga recenzirao u BVu - Flagship - Maiden Voyage (2005 cini mi se). Komercijalniji prog rock, ali predivne melodije zaista.

Edited by Apeiron

Ehey, u potpunosti se slažem :pivopije:

Frost - Milliontown me je baš oduševio!

Hvala na preporuci :da:

Jedino sto mi se na albumu ne svidja je ono muvoliko zujanje na kraju pesme "The Other Me"...to moram uvek da premotam...Al valjda ce prestati da me nervira vremenom, prestacu da premotavam :)

Hmm... Meni Coheed & Cambria nikad nisu bili ni najmanje zanimljivi, a toliko sam želela da ih nabavim, zbog divnih recenzija koje sam čitala, kada sam ih napokon čula, totalno razočarenje... :no:

Mada to je totalno subjektivno mišljenje, čini mi se da su mi najviše odbojni zbog vokala :da:

Ma bre ovo je mnooogooooo dobro!Evo ceo dan samo vrtim ove 3 pesme!

I ja sam bio takav, poslali su mi original cim je izasao. Imao sam slaba ocekivanja, znajuci da im prethodni albumi nisu neka otkrovenja (dobar je samo prethodni i jedan EP, ne secam se imena, ali nisu u ovom tripu), ali ovo je zaista super. Dobra je to ekipa, inace.