Setherial

cotoha

• 3 weeks later...

pa mislim nema potrebe da se trabunja neshto o njima a i ne znam sta bih pametno rekao sada... da mi je da ih vidim uzivo samo ;)

uglavnom pruza mi se prilika u gradu komaraca poznatom i pod imenom Osijek 23. oktobra (ili 25. kako pise na setherial.com?!) i sve u paketu sa Corpus Christii! :evotigana:

Ako je 23., mozda sam budala ali cu vjerovatno zrtvovati Krisiun i Incantation (%

• 3 weeks later...
ne guzim se sa crnogorcima, zao mi je.

Ne znam odakle ti to da sam crnogorac, valjda si dovoljno informisan da znash da u Crnoj Gori ima i Srba, nego dovoljno si pokazao tim shto uopshte pominjesh nacionalnost na forumu za muziku.

Mir i svako dobro.

Ало бре јебачи, гузите се на некој другој теми а не на Сетериалу! Ово је тема за културне, хетеросексуалне металце.

Грободане, ови људи немају лош албум, шта ти би да будеш шкрт са комплиментима за последња два?

Сетериал = :muzicar: = Свирка и по!

• 2 years later...

From the deeps:

The sixth full-length from Swedish black metallers SETHERIAL will be called "Ekpyrosis". Drummer Alastor Mysteriis states, "We have now recorded six drum tracks and this time we decided to go for a full acoustic drumsound using no triggers or other modules. This week we will continue with the drums and also continue with the guitars and vocals.

"We are aiming for a much more organic production with this album since it fits the overall concept and the pre-productions we’ve done sound extremely promising.

"The lyrical theme of 'Ekpyrosis' is about a metaphoric connection to the unavoidable conflict of the universe, through the Satanic angle and perspective.

"The 'Ekpyrotic' universe draws its name from the ancient Greek word ekpyrosis, meaning 'conflagration' (disastrous fire or conflict). A tribute to the complete obliteration spiral of all particles that is ever created where the all-seeing/all-destroying eye of Satan's singularity is represented by the destructive forces and dark energy of this vast, unknown universe.

"We are also working with different ideas for layout and will present them to the public soon."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Setherial interview Metal Sound

A evo i šta Gojko misli o albumu:

Setherial is one of those bands well-known to the black metal underground, but one that takes you years to even hear of. It’s a shame, really, since it’s a more or less typical and up to par Swedish melodic black metal. Yet it’s always Dissection, Watain and Dark Funeral everyone’s talking about, even if this band precedes some of those. Their first few albums, especially “Nord…” and “Hell Eternal”, are regarded by connoisseurs as bona-fide classics, even if their later output is dubious. Yet despite such a strong discography and the decade-long support of Regain Records, the limelight has always seemed to shun them in a way. Anyway, it’s been four years since their last album and the new one is promised to be somewhat of a return to their early days. Is that really so?

While this is partially true, don’t be deceived by this marketing statement – this is no new “Nord…” The album bears resemblance to “Hell Eternal” at best, but that’s about it. Still, this is no drawback in itself. The album opens with the instant-hitting “A World In Hell” and is there to remind you that Setherial haven’t lost it just yet. The rest of the album continues in much the same fashion, flowing really nicely and reminding everyone why Swedish black metal was as praised back in the day. Chilling howls, freezing guitars, constant blast-beat attacks and the irresistible allure of the harmonic minor scales is the backbone of this album. However, give the album a few spins and it’ll also remind you why the Swedish black metal scene has moved away from this style since. It’s already been heard. Although stylistically different, this album suffers from the same fate as Watain’s latest – it’s more of a reproductive than a creative process. Instead of going further, the band tried to mimic their best moments and put together a sort of a best-of compilation of their discography. I can’t blame them, not everyone is destined to become a new BlutAus Nord, and this is far from “milking” own formula, it’s just that… Well, you won’t be spinning this one for weeks, that’s certain. The album is never boring, in fact, there are glimpses of brilliance and pure sonic potential that hasn’t been heard in a while (take the mediocre Dark Funeral’s latest, for example), but these moments are few and far between for this to be called a truly fantastic album. You know, if you’re going to make an album in a style losing its breath, it has to be perfect or at least better than anything else you’ve ever produced, and this one doesn’t do that.

So, what to make of this? Well, Setherial fans will love it (I know I do) and Swedish black metal fans are bound to enjoy it. The album is good, even great in its own right, but it does nothing to resuscitate a dying breed. Most will find it enjoyable, some even worth buying, but it still remains in the same niche, and it doesn’t look like Setherial is about to move from it in the near future. Therefore, it’s not really a “for fans only” album, but it isn’t that much better either.

Vladimir Gojković (7)

Since we don’t make over the top statements in magazines, brag about how much we cut ourselves and how depressed we are and don’t have any homosexuals in the band the general public that prefers seeing black metal as a fucking tabloid paper don’t know of us and that is great in my opinion.

Eat this, Shining :rockdevil:

Edited by Grobodan