Fantômas

זאבים

Fantômas is an avant-garde metal band formed in 1998 in California, United States. The band is named after Fantômas, a villain featured in a series of crime novels popular in France before World War I.

Genre(s) Avant-garde metal

Avant-progressive rock

Experimental rock

History

The band was formed when singer Mike Patton composed a handful of spasmic, avant-garde metal songs just before the collapse of his earlier group, Faith No More. Patton then sent the original compositions to his friends, hoping to form a performing group: guitarist Buzz Osborne (of The Melvins), bassist Trevor Dunn (also of Mr. Bungle, the band he and Patton formed in high school) and drummer Igor Cavalera (of Sepultura). Cavalera declined the offer, but recommended who he thought would be perfect for the project: Dave Lombardo of Slayer. Lombardo accepted and thus was formed Patton's own supergroup.[1][2]

In summer of 2005 the band toured Europe with Terry Bozzio on drums, because Lombardo was on tour with Slayer. Lombardo returned to the band for the final dates of the tour, which concluded on September 15, 2005, however, there are rumours that Bozzio will perform drumming duties on a future Fantômas album.[3]

On May 13, 2006, Patton revealed to Billboard.com that a fifth Fantômas album has been planned. Of the album, Patton says "The next record is going to be an all-electronic affair. It's going to take some creative planning on how to record it and execute it, but there will be no acoustic instruments on it whatsoever. We're pretty much about to go into hibernation mode. I need to, once I have a little time, go back to the drawing board, and start writing the next one."[4]

Style

Though rooted in heavy metal, their music actually touches on many different musical genres, and is noted for its offbeat sense of humor; one critic has dubbed their style "dada-metal".[5] Critic Greg Prato describes their music as "completely original ... especially when compared to the blah and predictable alt-rock of the late '90s."[6] Patton rarely sings conventional lyrics with the group, preferring his own bizarre style of voice music or scat singing.

Fantômas songs are often discordant and tuneless, using feedback and pure noise, and they could easily be described as progressive noise. However, they are not a pure noise band as they do have concrete beats and melodies in most of their songs. They are a unique combination of noise and progressive psychedelia.

Members

Mike Patton (vocals, sampling)

Buzz Osborne (guitar)

Trevor Dunn (bass)

Dave Lombardo (drums)

diskografija:

1999 Fantômas Ipecac Recordings IPC-001

2001 The Director's Cut Ipecac Recordings IPC-017

2002 Millennium Monsterwork 2000 Ipecac Recordings IPC-019

2004 Delìrium Còrdia Ipecac Recordings IPC-045

2005 Suspended Animation Ipecac Recordings IPC-065

2005 Animali In Calore Surriscaldati Con Ipertermia Genitale/Cat in Red (Split 5" Vinyl / 3" CD with Melt-Banana)

*kako opisati soundtrack za najextremniji, najgenijalniji i najsmeshniji crtani film ? :wub:

Eh, ja mislila da vec dugo postoji ova tema, ali izgleda da je obrisana...

Sve u svemu, jos jedno Patton-ovo ludilo, no kao i u svakom ima dosta dobrih ispada! Znaci, ceo Director's Cut je jedno fino uobliceno umetnicko delo, a ja bih izdvojila - Experiment In Terror, Cape Fear, Rosemary's Baby, The Omen, Fire Walk With Me, Henry- Portrait Of A Serial Killer, Investigation Of A Citizen Above Suspicion (Hmm... otprilike sve :uhoh: ). Sto se tice ostalih albuma, smatram da su veoma pogodni za mixovanje sa nekim vasim kreativnim ludorijama - sirok dijapazon raznoraznih animalnih zvukova i opicenih rifova :cool:

Uglavnom, dobro je za onoga ko voli Patton-ov umetnicki duh (i ne samo to :wub:) .. sala mala :razz:

E, jos da spomenem da je fenomenalna obrada Al Green-ove pesme Simply Beautiful, naravno, jedna od meni omiljenih.

Pozz

Eh taj Patton nikada ne prestaje da me zadivljuje sa muzikom(ako se ovo tako moze nazvati :bigblue: )koju napravi.Prvo sjajna ekipa muzicara,drugo prva dva albuma Fantomas i The Directors Cut su odlicni albumi(cak najslusljiviji od sva 4),dok recimo Delirium Cordia,unistava svu zabavu,ono bi samo mazohista mogao da odslusa do kraja(vec odradio i nije mi bilo dobro :mrtav: ),i simpaticni Suspended Animation koji je nekako povratio utisak ali ima jos da se dokaze sa ovim bendom.

P.S.Inace Chariot Choogle koju je napravio pre nego sto je sklopio bend,zvuci jebeno dobro(sa obzirom da je sam sve odradio u njoj).

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Delirium Cordia je zakon!! heheheheheheheheheheh

Ko je razumeo shvatitje ;)

...Buzz je u bendu, to je bitno! Jebena legenda!!!

A shto se tiche mr. Patton-a, slushao sam pre neki dan neki njegov Adult Voices i SRANJE!!!

Jebeno proseravanje! Zar ne mozhe lepo da pusti glasitj kao sa F.N.M.? :)))

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

ATP NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS - CURATED BY MIKE PATTON & MELVINS

All Tomorrow's Parties presents...

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Curated by Mike Patton & Melvins

Please check www.atpfestival.com for updates to the lineup.

Ticket Reallocation: Tickets need to be re-allcoated by 1st November after this we will not allow any reallocation of tickets

Use the buttons to add items to your basket, then click "PROCEED" to continue to the next page.

We do not post out tickets. See faqs for more info.

ATP NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS - CURATED BY MIKE PATTON & MELVINS

Butlins Holiday Resort Minehead,

Somerset , TA24 5SH

Friday 5th December - 7th December 2008

www.atpfestival.com

Confirmed acts include:

Fantomas performing Directors Cut

Melvins

Dalek

Zu

Neil Hamburger

Isis

Big Business

The Locust

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

FANTÔMAS, the eclectic supergroup featuring Mike Patton (FAITH NO MORE, TOMAHAWK, PEEPING TOM), Buzz Osborne (MELVINS), Trevor Dunn (MR. BUNGLE, MADLOVE) and Dale Crover (MELVINS, SHRINEBUILDER), release "The Director's Cut Live: A New Year's Revolution" on DVD and as a standalone audio download on September 6 via Ipecac Recordings.

Filmed at San Francisco's Great American Music Hall on December 31, 2008, the DVD features audio commentary by comedian Neil Hamburger.

FANTÔMAS released the studio version of "The Director's Cut" in July of 2001. The album tackles a collection of beloved and eerie film compositions including Nino Rota's "The Godfather", Bernard Herrmann's "Cape Fear" and Jerry Goldsmith's "The Omen (Ave Satani)". Upon its release, Pitchfork said the effort was "as cinematic as its source material" and NME called it "gleeful butchering."

Two songs featured on "The Director's Cut Live: A New Year's Revolution" were not in the original release of "The Director's Cut": Al Green's "Simply Beautiful" and Marc Bolan & T. Rex's "Chariot Choogle".

"The Director's Cut Live: A New Year's Revolution" track listing:

01. The Godfather

02. Night of the Hunter

03. Cape Fear

04. Experiment in Terror

05. One Step Beyond

06. Rosemary's Baby

07. The Devil Rides Out

08. Spider Baby

09. The Omen (Ave Satani)

10. Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer

11. Vendetta