Jorn

Angelystor

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hvala obojici za linkove :pivopije: !

Novi album mi je ok na prvo slušanje, ima dobrih momenata, a i ova obrada Tarje nije loša :da:! U svakom slučaju značajno interesantniji album od "Lonely are the brave". Videćemo utiske nakon više slušanja. A "Unlocking the past" se trenutno sluša, takođe dobar za sad...

:pivopije:

Meni ništa naročito ovaj novi, baš mi je slabo šta zapalo za uho... Jorn je odličan pevač, ali treba da moli boga da ga neki novi Ark uzme u redove, ovi solo albumi su mu za brz zaborav, osim par pesama tu i tamo.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Uspeo sam da nadjem poentu ovoj "Dio" kompilaciji! Da ljudi otkriju DIO ili neki drugi Ronijev bend, slusajuci Jorna... Uznemiravajuce je ako stvarno postoje ljudi koji slusaju JORN, a ne znaju za ove druge...ali 'ajde, recimo da je to opravdanje.

Tuga i za Jorna, pa i za Rippera, je sto su postali tribute pevaci...Jorn je 'ajde i imao prilike da peva na odlicnim power i prog albumima, though ima vec 7-8 godina od jednog takvog, a Ripper jadan...sta reci. Minut tisine za njega.

• 4 weeks later...

ripper nikad nije ni bio neki bog zna kakav pevac, tako da mi nije ni krivo. on mu dodje kao neki Ralf Scheepers za siromasne, sto mu dodje na halford za siromasne za siromasne :)

a Jorn jeste stvarno bedara od coveka, dobar pevac bez ukusa, ili mnogo glup, jer napusti dobre bendove (Ark, Beyond Twilight) da bi svirao neki govnarski hard rock ili power za koji misli da ce mu zaraditi neke bitne pare, ali nikad ne ispadne tako.

sto mu dodje na halford za siromasne za siromasne :)

:haha:

a Jorn jeste stvarno bedara od coveka, dobar pevac bez ukusa, ili mnogo glup, jer napusti dobre bendove (Ark, Beyond Twilight) da bi svirao neki govnarski hard rock ili power za koji misli da ce mu zaraditi neke bitne pare, ali nikad ne ispadne tako.

Here, here.

Jos Ark jebeni ponovo aktivan, zasto Jorn bese nije deo toga? Al' bole ga kurac, druzi se sa Sammetom...

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Frontiers Records will the release of the brand new studio album from Norwegian powerhouse vocalist Jorn Lande (MASTERPLAN, AVANTASIA), "Bring Heavy Rock To The Land", on June 1 in Europe and June 5 in North America.

Following a three-year silence since the release of "Spirit Black", Jorn unleashes upon the world yet another slab of classic hard rock with metal elements.

"I think this album follows a similar Jorn tradition like those before, more heavy rock oriented than metal," says Jorn. "But, as usual, it's not one musical expression all the way through the album, but a variety of musical landscapes within the categories of rock and metal."

A winning formula should not change, so Jorn has again worked with Tommy Hansen at Jailhouse Studios in Denmark, who mixed the album, ensuring the right edge to the rich guitar and vocal sound that is now trademark to all JORN releases. The lineup sees the return of Jimmy Iversen on guitar who also appeared on "Spirit Black". The pairing with Tore Moren works really well and gives Jorn's sound the usual depth and solidity.

As usual, in addition to the original material, Jorn offers some interesting covers. This time, MASTERPLAN's "Time to Be King" and Christopher Cross' "Ride Like The Wind" are the ones to get the Jorn treatment.

"When we wrote 'Time To Be King', I heard a different and more rock-oriented arrangement in my mind," says Jorn, "so after the MASTERPLAN album was released, I couldn't stop thinking about how it would sound if it was recorded with this other arrangement. I don't know which one's better, I have ended up liking both versions. As for Christopher Cross, I have always loved 'West Coast'-oriented music and bands like 10CC, PAGES, SANTANA, LITTLE RIVER BAND, EAGLES and so on. So I thought 'Ride Like The Wind' would be a good song to do Jorn style. SAXON also released a version of this song in the '80s, and the arrangement we made ended up beeing a mix between the original version and SAXON's. It's also a fun song to sing and play."

Jorn Lande's strong and diverse voice and solid songwriting skills have now become legendary in the hard rock world. In a career spanning over close to 40 album releases, as frontman for ARK and MASTERPLAN, in addition to featuring on spectacular projects such as NOSTRADAMUS "The Rock Opera", BEYOND TWILIGHT "The Devil's Hall of Fame", Tobias Sammet's AVANTASIA and AYREON.

"If you buy a Jorn album today, you know what you will get," states Jorn Lande. You are guaranteed to get your adrenaline going with the riveting sound that has solid roots in classic hard rock/heavy metal music, such as DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW and WHITESNAKE.

"Bring Heavy Rock To The Land" track listing:

01. My Road

02. Bring Heavy Rock To The Land

03. A Thousand Cuts

04. Ride Like The Wind

05. Chains Around You

06. The World I See

07. Time To Be King

08. Ride To The Guns

09. Black Morning

10. I Came To Rock

11. Live And Let Fly (bonus track)

The title track, "Bring Heavy Rock To The Land", will be released as a single worldwide on May 14. A video for the song is in the works and will be directed by Thomas Tjäder (PRETTY MAIDS, IN FLAMES). Jorn says, "The title track has really a strong Jorn trademark. It was a natural choice for a title track, I felt the same about 'Lonely Are The Brave' back in 2008. Sometimes one song's got the magic and you just know it. 'Bring Heavy Rock To The Land' is such a song and regardless of how the whole album is evaluated by critics, I feel that this song will live on and become an essential Jorn classic!"

jornbring.jpg

Komad pesme ovde.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

jorn_trav_cover.jpg

01. Overload (5:20)

02. Cancer Demon (4:27)

03. Traveller (5:37)

04. Window Maker (4:26)

05. Make Your Engine Scream (4:11)

06. Legend Man (4:00)