Disdained

banedeathmetal

• 3 weeks later...

DISDAINED - WE ALL REEK - Filthy Records - CD - 2008

Disdained is domestic band who has amongst their ranks members of Defilement, Svartgren and M.A.D:Goya, to name just a few more familiar names on our scene. This machinery from Novi Sad was created in 2006. with goal to destroy Serbia with its brutal sound and from sole beginning they presented themselves as very promising act. Their quality and hard work did not stay unnoticed as these lads signed a contract with Dutch Filthy Rec for the release of their debut „We All Reek“. Well, that was more than enough for the introduction part, let’s see what they have offered to us here... „We All Reek“ is totally in style of old American brutal gods from the beginning of the nineties and that fact could be easily noticed even from bare listen to an album. Although I see that Disdained is often compared to Cannibal Corpse (and that fact is enhanced by picture on mighty Metal archives where all 5 members of the band wear CC T-shirts), I don’t think that this is the main influence here... Sure, Disdained have some blood and gore in their lyrics and it is hard to escape from that comparison when playing this style, but I would rather drop another mighty name here – Suffocation! I feel that this album is closely connected to those gods with its brutal but yet complicated style (the last track on the album is cover of their immortal classic „Infecting the Crypts“). You will find many crushing parts here but Disdained doesn’t just go for inhuman aggression which can become very boring after a while but instead they exchange many parts and rhythms in a composition preventing it from falling into „snooze“ category. My only complaint here is that sometimes some parts doesn’t go too well with one another and seem slap sticked just in order to have changes in a song – from time to time a bit more primal approach would be nice so the songs would have a better flow. Luckily, this doesn’t happen very often and we can forgive them because this band is still young so „We All Reek“ can be labeled as qualitative release. All members of the band are technically proficient, which is required if you want to play such style after all, and on top of their switching of brutal riffs (they can be compared to Cryptopsy and even Deeds of Flesh in that department) comes vokills of Tara Kerac, which are in standard grunting vein coupled with some back screams from time time. One more proof of Disdained’s serious and professional approach is the fact that they have recorded video clip for maybe the best song from the album „Obtuse Chisel“ and even better is that it is not hilarious like majority of Serbian metal videos are, it features scenes of standard band playing coupled with sick scenes of butchery and murders, nothing revolutionary but nicely and effectively done. In conclusion, people who crave for aggression should try out this album as they wouldn’t be dissapointed.

This album was released in mid 2008. and this active band has already recorded one new promo song „Labyrinth Of Decay“, which is a sign for a things to come. In conversation with their guitar player Bane I found out that these lads are into a bit more tech vein of Death, and this song is a living proof of that statement. It features even more tempo and riff changes than their album but it is very catchy in the same time, without a shadow of doubt I claim that this their best song till now! This approach will possibly remind you on German band Necrophagist as they thread in similar waters. Disdained kept the brutality from „We All Reek“ and added improved compositional skills so the result is nothing short of great! Hopefully their next release can keep this level, and until then advice to all foreigners and domestic fans alike – be sure to support this band as it is one of the best and most perspective on our scene.

Trifunović Slobodan (-) (METAL SOUND)

DISDAINED – "WE ALL REEK" - CD – Filthy Records, 2008

Metal Sound (SER) – "Be sure to support this band as it is one of the best and most perspective on our scene."

Hell-Is-Open.de (DE) – "…everything on this album goes with high speed & brings up dead bodies from the graves." 8/10

DeathMetal.be (BE) – "Heavy as wrecking ball and with twice the swing, 'We all reek' is one of those odes to the olden Gods of the metal of death…" 80/100

Pest Webzine (RO) – "Be sure not to miss this band as it has good chances to break some bones in the European metal scene! I mean it!"

Anti-Christ Fanzine (UKR) – "Support these young monsters!" +4/5

Open Grave Records (USA) – "Don't fuck with Disdained!"

Metalbolic Records (USA) – "Exciting and slam heavy technical death metal from Serbia! This country's answer to Pyaemia & Deeds Of Flesh!"

Zware Metalen (NL) – "A nice death metal album." 7/10

Lords Of Metal (NL) – "On 'We All Reek' these former Yugoslavs at least make clear that they have excellent taste…"

Masterful Magazine (POL) – "Disdained know how to play this genre yet their by-the-numbers songwriting sees them solely going through the motions..."

MetalCentre.pl (POL) – 8/10

DISDAINED – "WE ALL REEK" - CD – Filthy Records, 2008

Metal Sound (SER) – "Be sure to support this band as it is one of the best and most perspective on our scene."

Hell-Is-Open.de (DE) – "…everything on this album goes with high speed & brings up dead bodies from the graves." 8/10

DeathMetal.be (BE) – "Heavy as wrecking ball and with twice the swing, 'We all reek' is one of those odes to the olden Gods of the metal of death…" 80/100

Pest Webzine (RO) – "Be sure not to miss this band as it has good chances to break some bones in the European metal scene! I mean it!"

Anti-Christ Fanzine (UKR) – "Support these young monsters!" +4/5

Open Grave Records (USA) – "Don't fuck with Disdained!"

Metalbolic Records (USA) – "Exciting and slam heavy technical death metal from Serbia! This country's answer to Pyaemia & Deeds Of Flesh!"

Zware Metalen (NL) – "A nice death metal album." 7/10

Lords Of Metal (NL) – "On 'We All Reek' these former Yugoslavs at least make clear that they have excellent taste…"

Masterful Magazine (POL) – "Disdained know how to play this genre yet their by-the-numbers songwriting sees them solely going through the motions..."

MetalCentre.pl (POL) – 8/10

:pivopije: :pivopije: :pivopije: :pivopije: :pivopije:

DEADLY VISIONS DVD vol. II out NOW on Dead Center Productions!

-DVD includes official video clips of the following Extreme Metal bands:

* MOONFOG (Slovakia)

* KINETIC (Greece)

* CASTRUM (Ukraina)

* RIGOR SARDONICOUS (USA)

* NUNSLAUGHTER (USA)

* PAGANFIRE (Philipinnes)

* DISDAINED (Serbia)

* BARBAROUS POMERANIA (Poland)

* QUO VADIS (Poland)

* WILKOLAK (Poland)

* XERION (Spain)

* SCRATCHING SOIL (Russia)

* LOITS (Estonia)

* DIMENTIANON (USA)

* REDRUM (Russia)

* NOCTICULA (Ukraina)

Dakle, radi se o oficijalnom DVD izdanju, izdato preko Ukrainske izdavacke kuce "Dead Center Productions". Na njemu cete naci oficijanle spotove gore pomenutih bendova.

Mozete posetiti njihovu My Space adresu: http://www.myspace.com/deadcenterprod (za vise informacija), a tamo cete naci i kontakte u koliko ima zainteresovanih za kupovinu ove DVD kompilacije.

BRUTAL ZONE - BLOG SPOT

"We All Reek" album ima 679 glasova, od toga su:

***** 551 (81%)

**** 48 (7%)

*** 15 (2%)

** 16 (2%)

* 33 (4%)

- 16 (2%)

Skala:

***** = odlican

- = uzas

шта диздејнд је срање? :S

@banedeathmetal - :pivopije::rockdevil:

Pa dobro, svako ima pravo na svoje misljenje. :)

:pivopije::rockdevil:

Edited by banedeathmetal

• 2 weeks later...

Eh ljudi moji, mnogo toga imamo novog. Sve novosti koje su trenutno dostupne oko promene postave, turneje, drugog studijskog albuma i merchandise-a mozete procitati ispod. Inace, opet je sve na Engleskom jer je to copy/paste sa BLOG-a koji sam upravo okacio na My Space, i ne pada mi napamet da ga prevedem. :)

Greetings,

First, I wish you all a happy new year. I would also like to thank all the people who have supported us till date, as we celebrated our 2nd birthday about 10 days ago. So 2 years have past since the first Disdained rehearsal, and we wouldn`t be where we are now if it wasn`t for you sick motherfuckers!

Lots of things are currently happening, so below you have all the information that is currently available about the line-up change,upcoming European Tour, second studio album and Disdained merchandise.

LINE-UP CHANGES (AGAIN):

After 2 years in the band, Tara (lead vocalist and lyric writer) parts ways with Disdained, as he could not be devoted to the band anymore and wishes to concentrate on other things in life. We wish him all the best in his private life as well as in the music business.

BALKAN MASSACRE TOUR 2009:

Due to the line-up change (again), the scheduled “Balkan Massacre Tour 2009” with Dutch band Cilice in April/May will NOT be canceled, as Dusan Brkovic from Obscured (find them in our Top Friends) will join us for the Tour as a session vocalist.

STUDIO – SECOND ALBUM INFORMATION:

It is confirmed 100% - Disdained will be entering the studio in mid May 2009 (right after the European Tour) to start the recording of the second full-length album, which will take place at Positive Family Studio in Novi Sad, Serbia. Expect a much better production than the first album, and a far more Technical sound than our previous material. The new album will contain 8 tracks, which one will be a cover song.

MERCHANDISE:

We have been frequently asked about merchandise – Disdained t-shirts will be ready for the Tour, so they will be printed in mid April. Be sure to catch us then & buy one, as there will be only 50 t-shirts due to the really tough financial situation we are currently in. Pre-orders are unfortunately NOT available.

However, until then, you can buy a Disdained baseball cap for the price of 5 Euros + shipping costs, or a Disdained pin for 1 Euro + shipping costs, which will be available very soon (within few days)! So drop me a private message if you are interested.

Until soon,

-Branislav & Disdained

ddd2009-1-1.jpg

labyrinth of decay je zmaj od pesme! svaka chast. shto se tiche te situacije..jbg zhivot ide dalje neka je i njemu sa srecom :] mada moje misljenje je da niste trebali uzimati live session vokal jer ti bane odlichno pevash,barem kolko sam ja chuo u somboru..ajd neka je sa srecom na turneji,nadam se da cu uspeti iscimati nesh za onaj nash dogovor u aprilu mada zajebana je ovde situacija..

@dimmu_: Hvala puno brate! Sto se tice vokala - i tu hvala na komplimentu, ali zaista mislim da bi mi bilo pretesko preko 20 noci svirati sve lead deonice i pevati sve lead vokale. A covek koji ce otpevati session moze i growl i scream sto mi je jako bitno, jer ja mogu samo growl da pevam. Vazi nema problema brate, ja se nadam da ce moci - ali ako ne, onda mi samo javi najkasnije za tipa 2-3 nedelje jer mi onda vec postaje poalko frka pa moram da vijam drugo mesto! PoZ :pivopije:

@MyDyingMind: Hehehe, hvala brate! Vazi se, za tebe cu sacuvati jednu, jbg ti si stvarno tr00 to moram priznati! Cujemo se! :rockdevil:

P.S. Jebote ja zaboravih...okacen je za BESPLATAN DOWNLOAD:

Disdained-LoD.jpg

DISDAINED - PROMO 2008

Technical Death Metal, Serbia

Track-list:

1. Labyrinth Of Decay (6:03)

+ Bonus Video "The Making Of" (in the studio), info, pictures, ...

FREE DOWNLOAD: http://rapidshare.com/files/182482309/Disd...o_2008.rar.html