Psychotic Waltz

Dare

You might know Devon Graves from the alt-metal band DEADSOUL TRIBE — or you might be more familiar with his real name, Buddy Lackey. He spent 11 years working as frontman and singer-flute player for one of the original prog-metal bands, PSYCHOTIC WALTZ.

Throughout the journeys of touring with DEADSOUL TRIBE, Devon met many musicians who really stood above the crowd. One day he began to wonder: "What would it be like to play in a band made of the very finest players I have met along the way?"

So like Dr. Frankenstein did, by sewing the greatest, strongest pieces of the greatest strongest men and then adding a sick and demented brain to create his monster, so it is the same with Devon's creation of his monster THE SHADOW THEORY who are featuring some of the finest musicians that Devon could possibly gather:

* Demi Scott - Keyboards

* Arne Schuppner (COMPLEX 7) - Guitar

* Kristoffer Gildenlöw (DIAL, ex-PAIN OF SALVATION) - Bass

* Johanne James (THRESHOLD, KYRBGRINDER) - Drums

Four years in the making, THE SHADOW THEORY will releasing its first studio album on Devon's longtime home InsideOut Music. "Behind the Black Veil" is a sinister roller-coaster ride of sound and lyrical imagery combining elements of thrash, psychedelic and symphonic metal fused with folk and prog-rock undertones. Devon's first "concept album" ever, it tells a horror story of a man who wakes from one nightmare into another, into another until he can no longer tell where the dream ends and reality begins… Or if he was ever dreaming at all.

THE SHADOW THEORY's "Behind the Black Veil", both frightening and compelling, is sure to be a standout amongst the vast myriad of music releases this year. THE SHADOW THEORY will be a touring band and is already looking into possible touring in early 2011.

"Behind the Black Veil" track listing:

01. I Open Up My Eyes (7:04)

02. The Sound of Flies (4:40)

03. Ghostride (5:32)

04. Welcome (5:02)

05. By the Crossroads (5:35)

06. Selebrate (3:17)

07. Snakeskin (3:48)

08. Sleepwalking (5:17)

09. The Black Cradle (5:15)

10. A Candle in the Gallery (3:57)

11. A Symphony of Shadows (7:55)

"The Sound Of Flies" is available for streaming on the THE SHADOW THEORY MySpace page.

shadowtheorycd.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Provrćeh album nekih 7-8 puta. Kolko se meni čini,ovo je neka mješavina PW i DsT-a, s tim sto nijesu psihodelicni i nenormalni kao prvi,a nijesu mi dobri koliko drugi. Pjesma Welcome mi ima neki Qryche šmek sa zadnjeg albuma,konkretno 30.000 feet pjesma. Što znam,ima dobre svirke,eventualno par hitova,mislim da ce mi trebati jos vremena da donesem konacni sud. Nije razocarenje,barem meni,ali nijesam ni zabezeknut.

meni ovo nema veze sa PW a bas nimalo.

zvuci kao DST plus neki generic prog.

u ranguje je sa poslednjih par DST albuma verovatno ali nista vise od toga.

mada Devon bas dobro zvuci i peva neke visoke stvari koje bas dugo nije pevao u tom fazonu, kraj "By the Crossroads" recimo.

"A Symphony of Shadows" je jedina pesma koja je bas ludnica dobra.

Edited by azal

Devon dobro zvuci ali svirka je previse genericna. not thrilled... nije mi bas ni u rangu poslednjih DST albuma.

par dobrih leadova i interesantnih vokalnih aranzmana, ali slusanje ovog albuma izaziva u meni neki osecaj odbojnosti, neka faux drama neka isforsiranost, ne znam tacno.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In other news, all four of PSYCHOTIC WALTZ 's studio albums will be released together in a deluxe, limited vinyl box by Century Media Records in Europe. Titled "The Architects Arise: The First Ten Years", this box will contain gatefold 180-gram LPs of all four studio records plus their ASLAN (pre-PSYCHOTIC WALTZ) demo from 1986 and the "Into The Everflow" demo. This six-LP box will be limited to 500 copies, and the band will have copies of the box for sale during the "Power Of Metal" tour, while supplies last. Additionally, 500 extra copies of "A Social Grace", "Into The Everflow" and "Bleeding" will be pressed in a different vinyl color and sold individually.

• 2 weeks later...