Benighted

kuruz

Blah, što je najgore recenzirao sam njihova 2 albuma.

Although I am simply not the admirer of Deathcore, here I am writing the review of Whitechapel album for the second time but someone’s gotta do it, right? Nevermind, as I will approach this CD very professionally and leave all my prejudice aside. „A new era of corruption“ is third album by Whitechapel who has received lots of success with their previous release „This is exile“ and did lots of high market tours with such starwaltz as Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth and Killswitch Engage which rubbed off on them a little bit in their own words as they tried to infuse more structured song arrangements in their sound. That is the main difference in coparing to „This is exile“ as that album sounded a bit directionless from time to time, and on „A new era of corruption“ one can easily hear that more firm structures and choruses are present in order to drill their way into the listeners’ psyche. The musical style has, of course, remained the same and you will be treated again with basic Deathcore (is there advanced one?) with tons of Heavy breakdowns intercepted with brutal blasts. One can notice the larger infusion of melodies, and even some acoustic and keyboard parts, in their sound which adds to the overall catchiness. Although I have noticed that there are a lot of choruses on display, the arrangements are not your typical Deathcore deal, they really tried to be less predictable and gave the better flow to the album so that is one more cool feature about theis full length. I will say again that Whitechapel has 3 guitar players in their ranks but I still cannot see the reason to that as everything here can be done with two guitars. It should be noted that the album is graced by guest performances of Chino (Deftones) and Vincent (The Acacia Strain); and also one can easily guess that lots of money went into the recording as „A new era of corruption“ is blessed with very crisp and clear, modern sound which totally fits to overall picture. All in all, I must admit that this is one of the better Deathcore releases that I have ever listened as Whitechapel obviously worked really hard to break out of their niche a bit and it has payed off; I can guess that the path of success will continue and I wish them all the best, another thing is that I will never become a fan of Deathcore and the story will go on without me (if I don’t receive more of their albums to write about, that is).

• 1 year later...

SUMMER METAL FEST 2012

09.07.2012. - Dom Mladih (Sarajevo)

Exodus

Suicidal Angels

Inciter

Aesthetic Empathy

10.07.2012. - klub Cinemas Sloga (Sarajevo)

Benighted

Putrid Blood

Orisons In Vain

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Brutal grind / death metallers BENIGHTED have revealed that the title of their forthcoming album will be "Carnivore Sublime". The French lunatics’ seventh full-length will hit the stores on February 14th.

"Carnivore Sublime", the follow-up to 2011's highly-acclaimed "Asylum Cave", includes guest performances by Niklas Kvarforth of SHINING and Michael Kern of CARNAL DECAY. More news to follow soon!

• 1 month later...

ljudi, ja slusam power metal, a ko su Benighted ne zanima me puno

ali jedan drug koji ih slusa me je zamolio da skinem njihove albume ako ima negde na netu, a ja necu da ceprkam nego dodjem ovde na provereni metal forum

ne trebaju mi albumi Icon i Identisick, a ostale ako neko moze da mi pomogne da nadjem bio bih mu zahvalan

unapred hvala

pozzz

Matori, odi na soulseek.

pozdravi druga

pozzz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
On 3/10/2011 at 10:33 PM, Grobodan said:

"dobar album" i "deathcore-a više nego ikada" ne ide zajedno ;)

On 3/10/2011 at 10:37 PM, Talvi said:

Idi slušaj Steel Panther. :haha:

aktuelno