Nickelback

Joxoleon!

Bez konkurencije je po meni najbolje pesma sa novog albuma:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypk16rAjCcY

Muzika, tekst...carevi.

Inace album sam samo jenom preslusao, za sada mi se cini da je bolji od predhodnog, ali nazalost ni blizu "All The Right Reasons".

U svakom slucaju, jedva docekah, i nisam se razocarao. :pivopije:

Bez konkurencije je po meni najbolje pesma sa novog albuma:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypk16rAjCcY

:da:

... заједно са:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cyr2vgYsbY

Нешто ме у последње време бендови које волим изневерише - сви редом објавили неке, онако, тек слушљиве албуме и таман сам се спремила да ће и овај да буде такав. Кад оно... милина! :haha: Истина, није ми као All The Right Reasons, али да је добар - добар је. :da:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

U principu je ovo samo spam-cina sa moje strane, ali mozda se nekome cak i svidi:

http://nocturnemagazine.net/vest/1672/keychain-preuzmite-numeru-these-emty-skies

Inace, ubedljivo snimise najlosiji video ikada u njihovoj karijeri, za "Trying Not To Love You"...uzas.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

So i've decided to go back and listen to Albums that everyone shits on to see if they're really as bad as everyone says they are. Now that the dust has settled on the "Nickleback is bad" meme I thought it would be a perfect place to start.

1. Follow You Home:

The album starts with an obnoxious guitar phaser riff leading into the first song. As the title suggests the song is about stalking a woman. Now I've listened to a lot of sexists music in my time, you may say I'm an expert in it, but generally in songs when a rapper is talking about "muh hoes" and "fucking your bitch" it's done in a light hearted, boys-will-be-boys manner and at least the fictional women are down with it an having fun. This song is not fun. I don't know what it is about Cock Rock bands and stalking women because Limp Bizkit have songs about this topic too. Hip-hop Chad vs Rock Music Virgin. It's weird, it's fucking creepy, and it's the opening song to this album.

2. Fight For All The Right Reasons.

This song is better. The Guitar riffs are solid and I like the harmonies. Less creepy than the first however all-round a forgettable entry

3. Photograph

This song is every bit as bad as I remember. Can't listen to more than 30 seconds before skipping.

4. Animals

This song is good. The flow is good, fast paced driving instrumentals, and the lyrics are actually pretty funny. I like the 2nd verse which is 16 bars about getting road hand; unironically impressed. The song ends with a funny punchline. Kroeger reuses the line "it wasn't her mouth I was kissing" one too many times tho. Is that a thing red-necks say?

5 - 6 Savin Me and Far Away

These are the best songs on the album. Solid pop-rock ballads. Nickleback are at their best when they sound like The Fray and that's probably the nicest thing anyone's ever said about them

7 Next Contestant

This is by far the worst song on the album and probably one of the worst songs I've ever had the displeasure of hearing. The instrumental isn't bad but the lyrics of this song are absolute cringe. The song is White Knight anthem about a man threatening to start a fight with anyone who hits on his "girlfriend" at the bar. From how the song is written it sounds like the woman is a bartender or some sort of adult entertainer working at an establishment but Kroeger seems to believe it's his job to protect her from the men at her work, however from the lyrics it doesn't seem like she has any problem with the attention she's getting from these other men. Hard to swallow pill for anyone who identifies with this song: If your "girlfriend" gets dressed up, goes to a bar, and is flirting/touching other men in a bar in front of you, she's not your girlfriend, and if she is, get a better girlfriend. Kroeger tries so hard to come off as the big tough guy in this song but instead he ends up coming off as insecure and pathetic.

8 Side of a Bullet

This song is a confusing mess, instrumentally, lyrically and thematically. The song seems to be about a man being shot and how bad that is, and how in revenge Kroeger is going to carve the shooters name into a bullet and shoot him too, seemingly missing the point of the first part of the song about how killing is bad. I could see the concept for this song working if a more competent song writer had tackled it, pointing out the hypocrisy of the main character, making an eye for an eye statement... I think this is what this song is trying to go for but it's such a mess I can't tell. Maybe I'm giving it too much credit.

9. If Everyone Cared

another The Fray type ballad. This song is listenable and has a positive message at least, but really doesn't say anything of substance. "What if everyone just got along mannn, What about world peace mannn" Nothing really of interest to report

10. Someone That You're With

This song is so bland, forgettable and un-noteworthy that I can't say anything about it. Tired chord progressions, overused melodies, boring topic about Kroeger being cucked again. Seems to be an ongoing themed

11. Rockstar

We've all heard this song. Radio single from 2004 that sounds "rough" and "edgy" but really isn't. I guess it's what your mum thinks edgy is. Kroeger really seems to have a thing for bathrooms because he brings them up like 3 times in this song. Weird huh?

In conclusion:

Nickelback, or whoever writes their songs, is clearly talented enough at composition to structure well formed, digestible pop songs with some catchy riffs and chunky production, but once you bite into this album and look behind the curtain, you realize there really is nothing worth taking note of here. I have learnt Nickelback is like Mcdonalds. Some times it's alright, most of the time it's shit, we all hate it but for some reason we keep going back (and it's never any better)

By my estimate 1/3 of the songs on this album are about being cucked which i found pretty funny.

Is it as bad as everyone says? Not quite, there are some enjoyable songs. Savin Me and Far Away save this album from being a complete pile of steaming shit, but I sure aint gunna recommend it either.

3/10

As the title suggests the song is about stalking a woman. Now I've listened to a lot of sexists music in my time, you may say I'm an expert in it, but generally in songs when a rapper is talking about "muh hoes" and "fucking your bitch" it's done in a light hearted, boys-will-be-boys manner and at least the fictional women are down with it an having fun. This song is not fun.

ja ne verujem da posle ovog neko nastavi da cita :haha::haha:

• 1 year later...