Weedeater

North Carolina's sludge pillagers WEEDEATER have set "Jason...The Dragon" as the title of their fourth album, tentatively due this fall via Southern Lord Recordings. The CD will be recorded starting late April with producer Steve Albini (NIRVANA, NEUROSIS, PIXIES) at his Electrical Audio studio in Chicago, Illinois.

Odlicno, odlicno, Jason...The Dragon, cizus sta rade travuljina i burbon, neko je imao neki zestok fles

Nastavlja se sprdnja sa Dixievim upucavanjem, turneju su nazvali Nine Toe Tour, kaki ludaci

North Carolina's WEEDEATER - in light of the recent loss of frontman Dave "Dixie" Collins' toe due to a self-inflicted gun-cleaning wound -

have announced the routing for their upcoming US tour, now officially dubbed the Nine Toe Tour.

The month long tour kicks off a week before this year's SXSW, where Weedeater will headline the Tone Deaf Touring showcase on March 20th.

Support bands for the tour include BLACK COBRA, ASG, BLACK TUSK, THE GATES OF SLUMBER, US CHRISTMAS and STRUCK BY LIGHTNING.

Vidju ove support bendove, oj zivote lutalico!?

I Steve Albini ponovo producira, odlično!

Šteta što nije ponovo Evropska turneja, pre koju godinu kada su je radili najbliže što su nam bili je bio Beč...

Od novog albuma očekujem isto što i od prethodnih, da ima dovoljno masti, nerazumnih vokala, može da uleti i neka country obrada k'o sa prošlog, i da polivaju sa rifovima, samo da se ne preduvaju previše i istripuju neku psihodeliju. :haha:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

After over two incredibly action/drama/injury/tour-soaked years of constant insanity, North Carolina sludge crusaders WEEDEATER have completed their long-delayed, yet more anticipated-than-ever, fourth full-length release. The intoxicating ten-track brutalizer, dubbed "Jason... The Dragon", has been scheduled for worldwide release on March 1, 2011 via Southern Lord Recordings.

After over a year of literally crippling injuries to all three of WEEDEATER's members hitting the headlines, including infamous classics like "Dixie Dave blew off part of his foot with a shotgun," or "Keko tore his meniscus this week," and "Shep broke his goddamn pinkie on tour" or even "Dixie nearly died in his ninja-scuba assassin Halloween costume" and more, the band still forged on through these blows for multiple tours — several regional and national headlining tours, as well as supporting DOWN and the MELVINS — to finally complete this record. Although delayed by eight months, the haggard trio infiltrated Steve Albini's Electrical Audio Studio in Chicago this past September to pound out "Jason... The Dragon".

As with their Southern Lord debut, "God Luck And Good Speed", the "Jason..." album was mastered by the legendary John Golden at Golden Studios in southern California, unearthing the true grit that this band dumps forth. With no argument to be had, "Jason..." is by far WEEDEATER's most varied and organic recording to date, taking their caustic, chest-collapsing, resin-coated ultrasludge to new otherworldly new realms of delirium just by taking it all closer to home, stripping their tonal onslaught down to acoustic bass at times, perfectly infusing a bit of banjo and piano, and even utilizing some new vocal tactics. Diehards fear not; this IS still WEEDEATER. It's just WEEDEATER at their finest hour... yet.

Check out the Arik Roper-created cover art for "Jason... The Dragon" below.

"Jason... The Dragon" track listing:

01. The Great Unfurling

02. Hammerhandle

03. Mancoon

04. Turkey Warlock

05. Jason....the Dragon

06. Palms and Opium

07. Long Gone

08. March of the Bipolar Bear

09. Homecoming

10. Whiskey Creek

weedjason.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Koliko je meni do jaja što njihovi albumi traju po 30-40 minuta i što im pesme nisu predugačke. Nekako mi se čini da se previše doom/stoner/sludge bendova sili da sviraju što duže jer tako "treba" i pritom se pogube u tome. Ovi ljudi jednostavno odsviraju to što imaju i ćao. I ovaj novi super na prvo slušanje, standardni Weedeater.

nije los novi,obrnuh par puta i mogu reci da me nije dobio kao prethodni.

"God Luck And Good Speed" ostaje najbolje sranje sto su ikad snimili...meni licno jedan od omiljenih vutropusackih albuma.

nego nisu lose ove bendzo stvari,ne bi bilo lose da bradonja izbaci neki solo rad u tom fazonu :)

Edited by Geralt of Rivia

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Weedeater - ...And Justice For Y'All (Remastered) [2009 / MP3 / VBR(2)]

http://www53.zippyshare.com/v/62946381/file.html

Trazili Lunar i Geralt.

Mnogo su teze bas linije i zategnutiji je bubanj. plus bonus lajv pesme koje ce vam odrati kozu sa lica.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
Despite our attempts to keep this all cordial and in the 'family', many harsh words have reached the public ear. We appreciate those who have been supportive during the difficult time of our lineup adjustment and we apologize to those who feel somehow cheated. We (Dixie and Shep) will not air our dirty laundry on Facebook or any other social media to gain either sympathy or interest regarding this matter. In fact we hate this fucking shit and use it begrudgingly as a necessary evil. But if we didn't, none of you would know where we are playing shows, or who to bitch at when the lineup changes. Anyway enough complaining about Fakebook and Twatter et al. The simple truth is: BEING IN A BAND IS LIKE BEING IN A RELATIONSHIP. Sometimes all parties involved need a break and sometimes they just don't work out, despite all efforts made. Whether it be the actions of one or the whole, sometimes it is necessary to part ways. This was not a management decision; this was a necessary one. The exact reasons shall remain confidential to protect the privacy of all involved, but as painful as it as been, it is simply not possible for us to function with the original line-up for the upcoming tour, or the writing and recording of our new album. So, rather than scrap years of hard work, stop doing what we love and disappoint ourselves and our fans, we thought it would be better to continue onward. For those of you intrigued, on the short run for MDF, Travis Owen will be on the drums, a friend of the band and a seasoned drummer. You might know him from his band WHORES (who rule) from Atlanta, or his other various endeavors. Come check it out! We will announce a permanent drummer soon for the July and August dates (to be posted shortly) and the new recording.

(We regret the disappointment of those who feel like they deserve all the juicy details, but we simply won't do it.)

-Weedeater

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...