Obscura

azal

• 5 months later...

Progressive death metal act OBSCURA has entered Woodshed Studio in southern Germany with engineer V. Santura (TRIPTYKON, DARK FORTRESS) to begin recording its new album for an early 2011 release via Relapse Records.

Commented OBSCURA founder Steffen Kummerer: "We are glad to work with our longtime friend V. Santura once again to record our new album.

"The new material feels broader in some way as everybody in this band brought many unique ideas to the songwriting and we were able to integrate different elements into our sound. More open chords, more acoustic guitars, more seven-string shred tunes.

"Remember: more is always more.

"We are excited to create another album of progressive death metal and to start touring through the whole world in early 2011."

• 2 months later...

Progressive death metal act OBSCURA has set "Omnivium" as the title of its new album, due in early 2011 via Relapse Records. The nine-track CD was recorded and is now being mixed at Woodshed Studio in southern Germany with engineer V. Santura (TRIPTYKON, DARK FORTRESS).

• 1 month later...

OK, malo da update-ujem:

New Album Title Unveiled / Studio Update!

Progressive death metal act OBSCURA has unveiled the name of their forthcoming full-length as Omnivium. Omnivium was recently recorded and now being mixed at Woodshed Studio in southern Germany with engineer V. Santura (TRIPTYKON, DARK FORTRESS). The nine-track album will see an early 2011 release date. Additional album details will be made available shortly.

OBSCURA’s Steffen Kummerer issued the following update from the studio: "Although we recorded again with our long time friend and producer V. Santura in the Woodshed Studios, the studio sessions were hard work and lots of sweat. It was for the best though since Omnivium is definitely the next step for this band."

"Christian (Muenzer – guitar) recorded some outstanding solos with a new 8 finger tapping technique, Jeroen (Paul Thesseling – bass) brought his own stamp of fretless tone into the mix again, and Hannes (Grossmann - drums) recorded his heaviest session to date and broke through the 260 bpm line. Everyone brought lots of great ideas to the table and made Omnivium a truly collaborative band effort. Omnivium sounds solely like Obscura, and brings us a step closer to reaching our unique vision of progressive death metal."

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/realmofobscura/blog/539472723#ixzz13PcEyk9I

---

RAN Guitars To Create Official Steffen Kummerer Signature Guitar

Polish guitar manufacturer RAN Guitars have signed on to create an official Steffen Kummerer signature guitar. The custom OBSCURA model will be a 7-string, neck-through-body mahogany guitar featuring EMG pickups and a Schaller Floyd Rose tremolo. The band’s logo will be embossed on the fret board inlay. Detailed photos of the guitar can be viewed now at this location.

Kummerer commented on his partnership with RAN Guitars: "I am glad to be a part of the RAN family now. I started playing RAN custom built guitars in 2003 and was instantly impressed with the high quality of the build, fine woods, and precise hardware they use. You'll hear and see the new RAN axes during the upcoming tours in support of Obscura's new album in February '11."

OBSCURA recently unveiled the name of their forthcoming full-length as Omnivium. Omnivium was recorded and is currently being mixed at Woodshed Studio in southern Germany with engineer V. Santura (TRIPTYKON, DARK FORTRESS). The nine-track album will see an early 2011 release date. Additional album details will be made available shortly.

OBSCURA has been confirmed for the Hatework Festival in Romania , Mass Deathtruction Festival in Belgium , and Bang Your Head Festival in Luxembourg . A listing of dates and cities can be found below with more to be announced soon.

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/realmofobscura/blog/539681192#ixzz13PcOi9FL

---

OBSCURA Tour Dates:

Oct. 31 Bucharest , Romania Hatework Festival

Dec. 4 Louvain -la-Neuve, Belgium Mass Deathtruction Festival (w/ NAPALM DEATH, SODOM , more)

Dec. 4 Esch/Alzette, Luxembourg Bang Your Head Festival

+ MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON.

Edited by banedeathmetal

• 2 weeks later...

Progressive death metal act OBSCURA will release its new album, "Omnivium", in March 2011 via Relapse Records. The nine-track CD was recorded and mixed at Woodshed Studio in southern Germany with engineer Victor Bullok (a.k.a. V. Santura) of TRIPTYKON and DARK FORTRESS.

"Omnivium" track listing:

01. Septuagint

02. Vortex Omnivium

03. Ocean Gateways

04. Euclidean Elements

05. Prismal Dawn

06. Celestial Spheres

07. Velocity

08. A Transcendental Serenade

09. Aevum

Ne mogu se oteti utisku da su ovim likovima svi nazivi pesama isti.

Edited by Talvi
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Progressive death metal act OBSCURA will release its new album, "Omnivium", in March 2011 via Relapse Records. The nine-track CD was recorded and mixed at Woodshed Studio in southern Germany with engineer Victor Bullok (a.k.a. V. Santura) of TRIPTYKON and DARK FORTRESS.

"Omnivium" track listing:

01. Septuagint

02. Vortex Omnivium

03. Ocean Gateways

04. Euclidean Elements

05. Prismal Dawn

06. Celestial Spheres

07. Velocity

08. A Transcendental Serenade

09. Aevum

Ne mogu se oteti utisku da su ovim likovima svi nazivi pesama isti.

POSTENO u pravu si :) mada,generalno oni su veoma dobri,i ako se pojedini ljudi smore dok preslusavaju "cosmogenesis",mada to su uglavnom i price ljudi koji bas i ne vole da slusaju tehnikalije ;):)

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=150991

Guitarist Christian Muenzner of German progressive death metallers OBSCURA is working on an instrumental guitar record for a tentative spring release. The album will feature Hannes Grossmann (OBSCURA, BLOTTED SCIENCE) on drums, Steve DiGiorgio (SADUS, DEATH, ICED EARTH) on bass and Daniel Galmarini (MERCURY FALLING) on keyboards, with guest appearances by Ryan Knight (THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, ex-ARSIS), Per Nilsson (SCAR SYMMETRY, KAIPA) and Bob Katsionis (FIREWIND). Vic Santura (DARK FORTRESS, TRIPTYKON) will handle the production duties on the CD, the drums for which will be laid down starting on December 27.

Commented Muenzner: "Being a fan of instrumental guitar music for many years, this has always been a dream of mine.

"After I finished recording my guitar parts for the upcoming OBSCURA album 'Omnivium', I felt quite inspired and spent all of my free time working on the songs for this project.

"The CD is gonna contain 12 instrumental songs. Stylistically, the music is quite diverse and has influences from various genres such as neoclassical shred, fusion, power metal, hard rock, prog and thrash metal. And, of course, the songs will have guitar all over it! I like to describe it as '80s Shrapnel Records shred meets modern metal.

"I am super-happy and honored that some of the world's best metal musicians agreed to work on this album with me!

"I'm very excited and can't wait to hear their contributions!"

Edited by azal

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ma nije tako strašno, samo je prva pesma neki gadni youtube rip, ostale su standardna sto devedes' dvojka, može da se čuje o čemu se radi.

Btw tvoj način razmišljanja me podsetio na zanimljivu činjenicu - poslednjih nekoliko albuma koje sam dobio kao promo verzije su na 128kbps, izgleda da su i izdavačke kuće počele da se vode tom logikom " i ako ga neko pusti na net, niko ga neće skidati u šugavoj kompresiji" :haha: