Horror punk (or horror rock) is a music genre that has origins in the early works of the band The Misfits, blending horror movie themes with early punk rock and varying amounts of doo-wop.

Bands tell tales through their lyrics, which are often influenced by horror movies, pa

rticularly those with werewolves, vampires and zombies. Some bands incorporate influences from heavy metal and gothic rock, and prefer the label horror rock. Other bands show heavy influences from Hardcore punk, and are often described as horror hardcore. Examples of horrorpunk bands: Misfits, Samhain (both bands created by Glenn Danzig), The Undead with ex-misfits guitarist Bobby Steele and the band Mourning Noise with Steve Zing on drums

http://horror-punk.blogspot.com/

Zar ti sam ne znas nista da kazes o horor panku pa moras da citiras druge? Misfitsi? OK...Slusala sam ih dosta krajem osnovne pocetko srednje skole...Tad sam se lozila na vampire i krv...Mislim i sad se lozim na krv...Pojedinih naroda i narodnosti :uhoh: ...Ne znam da li je neko slusao prvo ...hm...nisam sigurna da li da kazem izdanje Misfitsa ali upitanju su kao neke kantri pesme ili sta vec sto su oni na samom pocetku obradjivali...Kad sam to cula definitivno su mi se zgadili i odlucila sam da krenem dalje ali moram da priznam da se i dalje raznezim kad cujem stvari poput Devilock ili Death Comes Rippin' i naravno moja omiljena Helena (oba dela :) )

• 2 months later...
da jako je dobar horror pank ali primetio sam da ga niko u srbiji ne svira

Kako ne? Mad Monster Party obradjuju misfits-e. Dobri su misfitsi, bili su mi omiljeni bend u shestom razredu, sad me malKo smaraju.

Edited by Hellbilly

a Chikine Bombone? oni su kao rockabilly? (izdaje me secanje)

Dap, sviraju rockabilly. Mada, oni sebe deklarishu kao "the kings of psychobilly", iako nemaju neke veze sa tim zhanrom :) Ok su oni, preko njih sa otkrio r'billy pravac. Mada, Atomic Sunset je daleko bolji bend.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Idemooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

The legendary MISFITS return this Halloween with two brand-new songs, marking the first new original material from the horror rock icons in a decade! The release also marks their first new studio recordings since 2003's "Misfits Project 1950" covers album.

The limited-edition12-inch LP maxi-single showcases a new cover painting rendered by Arthur Suydam (of Marvel Zombies fame) who has rendered the MISFITS world-famous "fiend skull" icon in homage to the zombie films of George A. Romero. The artwork is appropriately suited as both new songs ("Land of the Dead" and "Twilight of the Dead", written by MISFITS founding member Jerry Only), were inspired by the acclaimed director's living dead series.

The first pressing on clear red vinyl is a limited edition of 1,000 pieces, guaranteed to feed the collectible frenzy with MISFITS fiends while supplies last!

Look for the MISFITS (Jerry Only on bass/vocals, Dez Cadena on guitar and Robo on drums) on tour throughout North America between now and late December, where you can expect to hear both new songs performed live in concert. Starting October 30, "fiends" will have the chance to pick up a special clear orange vinyl tour edition of the 12-inch (also limited to 1,000 pieces worldwide), while supplies last. The clear orange vinyl pressing will be on sale exclusively at live MISFITS shows and will not be available in stores.

Both songs ("Land of the Dead" and "Twilight of the Dead") will be available individually for digital download ($0.99 per track) on iTunes and other digital music providers starting October 27.

misfitsland.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

RIDE JHONNY RIDE!

Sto? Meni "American Psycho" bese super album. :meshuggah:

Ma to kenjaju kao Danzing je misfitsi pa kao graves ne valja. Kurac moj, Roka i graves.

Misfitsi? OK...Slusala sam ih dosta krajem osnovne pocetko srednje skole...Tad sam se lozila na vampire i krv...

Loziti se na vampire i krv i slushati misfitse u isto vreme, nema bash nikakve logike.

Ak se neko lozi na vampire i krv slusha blek metal.

Horor pank je uradjen na kontu tresh horor filmova, i pet cemetery fazona.

Daleko od price o nekim kul vampirima i krvlju jednostavno sokantniji nacin da se ispricaju down to earth stvari.

Sve su to samo stilske figure sokantne bez puno lozijane.

Ceca bi rekla nesto kao "Zatvorio si me u kavez "

Misfitsi bi rekli nesto kao " if i cut of your arm and i cutt of your legs whould you still love me anyway? "

Edited by Elitista u Povoju.
  • Downvote 1