Deftones | Crosses †††

sad videh evo na srpskom

Basista Deftonsa u komi nakon automobilske nesreće

Autor: Blic online | Foto:Reuters | 05.11.2008. - 14:41

Či Čeng, basista kalifornijskog rok benda "Deftons" upao je u komu nakon saobraćajne nesreće koja se dogodila 3. novembra u Santa Klari, javio je Rojters.

Nastavak teksta ▼

Čeng (38) nalazi se u veoma ozbiljnom stanju, kako je saopštio frontmen benda Čino Moreno.

"Ne znam sve šta mu se događa, ali znam da je veoma ozbiljno", rekao je Moreno. "Či je jedan od najjačih ljudi koje poznajem i molim se da ga ta snaga sada izvuče iz ove situacije".

Čeng je pre nesreće bio u studiju sa drugim članovima "Deftonsa" gde su snimali novi album "Eros", koji bi trebalo da se pojavi na proleće naredne godine.

Poslednji koncert "Deftonsa" održan je sredinom septembra u Arizoni.

DEFTONES singer Chino Moreno has issued an update on the band's bassist, Chi Cheng, who was seriously injured in a car accident in Santa Clara, California, on Monday (November 3). According to HardDrive Radio, Cheng and his sister were apparently on their way back from a memorial service for their older brother when the accident occurred. Cheng's sister was driving their vehicle, but it remains unknown at this time what caused the crash.

Cheng was reportedly in a coma in an Intensive Care Unit at a local hospital, with his condition listed as "serious but stable."

Moreno posted a message at the band's studio blog in which he wrote, "I am back from up north visiting our brother Cheng. His condition remains the same — serious but stable.

"We, along with the entire Cheng family, would like to extend our gratitude to everyone that's said a prayer or sent out their positive thoughts to Chi. Your support means more than you know.

"During his recovery process, Chi's mother has asked that each day we spread a little bit of good in his name. So each day DEFTONES will be posting what you can do to help Chi recover. Today she has asked that you all remember to buckle your seat belts and remind those you love to buckle up. By doing something so little in his name, you will be helping him find the strength to recover."

Edited by triad1

Friday, November 7, 2008

Good Deed of the Day

Hi,

I spoke to Chi's mother this morning, the Neurosurgeon treating Chi says the first 72 hours are critical, and as of now he is fighting the good fight and the doctors remain optimistic. We are seeing your prayers in action. The family asks that all the prayer warriors out there to continue to pray for Chi, and keep sending out your positive energy!

Today's good deed for Chi is to call someone you love, remind them of that love by saying "I love you," and like yesterday remind them to buckle up.

-Abe

• 3 months later...
Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Message From Chi's Mother - Jeanne

It hurt me to stop doing the updates and the daily deeds. It was such a simple thing and made the world a better place. I thank every lovely one of you for doing these good works for Chi and for all of us. Anyway, it was felt that I was getting too personal and I am still trying to get my web site up

About Chi

I don't want to paint a picture that is not what it is. I don't want to have anyone think things are rosier than they are. But we know that he is here for a reason and truly have faith that when his brain is healed, he will wake fully.

I will try to be more specific. These three months have been very difficult and it has been two steps forward and one step back. It has taken so much strength to beat pneumonia four times, collapsed lungs, numerous infections including meningitis, brain surgery. shall I go on?

Your prayers and God's faithfulness are the biggest reason that he is still here and fighting. And he is starting to move his hands some of the time and his feet and legs some of the time. It is progress and he isn't giving up. And I do let him know daily that you all are praying and sending him love.

- Our love goes back to you, as always! Jeanne.

Edited by funnyk!d

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

KORN bassist Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu has joined forces with members of METALLICA, SLIPKNOT, MACHINE HEAD, DISTURBED, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE and HATEBREED to record an instrumental song to benefit DEFTONES bassist Chi Cheng.

As some of you may know, Cheng is currently in a semi-conscious state following an automobile accident in Santa Clara, California on November 4, 2008. Chi is slowly making progress but he needs your help.

Cheng's brother wrote in an online post that Chi's insurance company had stopped paying for his treatment in mid-January. His mother posted that Cheng's house was returned to the bank and his dog was given away.

You can support Chi and his family by heading over to the A Song For Chi and make a donation. 100% of the donations will go to Chi and his family to help cover his ongoing medical expenses.

http://rapidshare.com/files/273451168/A_Song_For_Chi_2009_by_nolife_killthemusica.rar

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Deftones is proud to announce the title and release date of the brand new record. "Diamond Eyes" will be available everywhere May 18. The first track to be released is called "Rocket Skates", and will be available for free download at deftones.com next Tuesday, February 23. Head over to www.myspace.com/deftones right now for a sneak preview.

• 2 weeks later...

Dobar je spot, a pesma je odlična - nekako je "retro" sa Chinovim vokalima. I dalje ima odličan scream!

I poslednja dva albuma su veoma dobra. Naročito četvrti "Deftones". Žmarci me uvek prođu kada čujem Bloody Caper! SNW je dosta simpatičan album, nije remek delo, ali je pristojan.

Na pesme Rocket Skates kako je dobar deo od 2:40 do 3:10. Mnogo je dobar rif!

Jedva čekam kraj aprila, procureće na netu do tada, nadam se!