Cobalt

Lunar

Kako je retardiran ovaj pitchfork plejer.

Pesma magična, drugačiji stil nego na prošlom albumu, ali i dalje jebu, iznenadila me na kraju gitara i cobaltovski bubnjevi. Biće ovo odličan album.

Konačno su izbacili pesmu koja zvuči zanimljivo. Realno, onaj album nije ništa posebno, ponajviše su se na njega ložili ljudi koji nemaju previše dodirnih tačaka sa pravim folk i americana zvukom. Ovo već deluje ozbiljnije.

Konačno su izbacili pesmu koja zvuči zanimljivo. Realno, onaj album nije ništa posebno, ponajviše su se na njega ložili ljudi koji nemaju previše dodirnih tačaka sa pravim folk i americana zvukom. Ovo već deluje ozbiljnije.

dobro je kad imamo pametnicu da nam objasni sta valja, a sta ne.

• Upvote 3

Meni nije loš prvi Man`s Gin, ali daleko da je to bolje od Cobalta. Problem sa Smiling Dogs je u tome što je napisan više sa nekom idejom da se napiše takav album, bez puno truda i rada. I kao takav dosta mu aranžmani pesama pate, i album vremenom postane dosta slabiji nego kada si ga prvobitno poslušao. Negde je ideja uspela, i pesme zvuče odlično, a negde krajnje tipično za taj zvuk. Kod ove dve nove pesme, čuje se baš da se trudi sada nešto da uradi sa ovim zvukom i da se dosta više posvetio stvaranju i planiranju pesama.

Edited by Lunar

After the many trials and tribulations that befell the manifestation of their new album, MAN’S GIN have finally completed work on their new album “Rebellion Hymns”.

Helmed by COBALT multi-instrumentalist Erik Wunder, who initially conceived MAN’S GIN ten or so years ago in Colorado prior to moving to Brooklyn NY, “Rebellion Hymns” comes across as a much more epic, sprawling, darker and heavier opus than the band’s “Smiling Dogs” debut. Where “Smiling Dogs” presented itself as an ode to barren American landscapes and as hymns paying homage to the bottle, “Rebellion Hymns” is a more diversified and devastating output where the bleak reality of wasteland America hits even harder and serves as the backdrop to the band’s brand of murder balladry, American goth-like booze hymns. Overall, “Rebellion Hymns” is a desolate yet epic musical jaunt that will carry you to the moment where the breaking point of innocence lies.

Alongside Erik Wunder and his bandmates Joshua Lozano and Scott Edward, all who play a wide array of instruments on this, “Rebellion Hymns” also features notable guest appearances by Jarboe (ex-Swans), Bruce Lamont (Yakuza), John Lamacchia (Candiria), and Wunder’s co-conspirator in COBALT Phil McSorley.

Produced, engineered, and mixed by Andrew Schneider (Converge, The Red Chord, Pelican, Cave In, Julie Christmas, Unsane) at Translator Audio and mastered by James Plotkin, tracklisting to “Rebellion Hymns” goes as follows:

1. Inspiration

2. Varicose

3. Off The Coast Of Sicily

4. —

5. Old House (Bark At The Moonwalk)

6. —

7. Never Do The Neon Lights

8. —

9. Deer Head & The Rain

10. Cellar Door

11. Sirens

12. Hibernation Time

“Rebellion Hymns” is officially released on June 25.