Metallica

lemmy sixx

lars je rekao, kad cujem odlicne albume poput subliminal verses i mezmerize, jedva cekam da snimimo novi album. lars hoce ovima da konkurise sto ce reci NAJEBALI SMO

a sto? vol 3 i mesmerize su losi albumi?

Sanctuary Records are re-packaging the "Metallic-era" albums into one double set billed "Full Metal Garage - The Songs That Drove Metallica" for release on June 26.

Originally conceived by Rockdetector.com's Garry Sharpe-Young, all of these original tracks are available together, at last, on one double CD, "Full Metal Garage – The Songs That Drove Metallica". This album — fully approved by METALLICA — features artists such as BLACK SABBATH, MOTÖRHEAD, MISFITS, DIAMOND HEAD and THIN LIZZY. It's a genuinely inspirational collection of music and when you listen it's easy to see how this group of talented bands has influenced the lives and music of METALLICA.

Says Garry Sharpe-Young: "It's well known that METALLICA drew their inspiration from many of the NWoBHM bands, classic '70s rockers and British punk, and they themselves have been quick to honour these acts with their infamous 'Garage Days' sets and a swathe of B-sides over the years. It suddenly dawned on me one day, whilst working on album projects for the likes of SAVAGE and HOLOCAUST, that although fans knew of these tracks, most had never heard the originals. I then set wheels in motion to compile all of them into one collection. I can remember talking to DIAMOND HEAD's Sean Harris who told me that when they supported METALLICA at the Milton Keynes festival they got booed when they opened with 'Am I Evil' because the METALLICA fans thought they were doing a cover version! Also, perhaps the most direct inspiration for the band, Mansfield's SAVAGE, never got their justice by way of an official METALLICA cover but the band included a track on their first demos and used to play 'Let It Loose' live, neglecting to tell the audience it was a cover! Somehow, history got a bit skewed simply because METALLICA got so big. Here, you can hear all the originals, such as BUDGIE's 'Breadfan', which METALLICA used as a set opener for a huge number of shows, or Scotland's highly influential HOLOCAUST, SWEET SAVAGE's 'Killing Time' and JAGUAR from Bristol. Being a well-known obsessor over historical detail, it was a fun job putting these tracks together and, most importantly, getting some of these lesser known bands some well-overdue recognition."

METALLICA have dominated, changed and inspired the musical landscape since they burst onto the metal scene with the release of their debut album "Kill 'Em All" in 1983. The truly innovative and fresh approach from the San Francisco four-piece has materially changed the music we listen to today. Credited with creating thrash metal, METALLICA have always celebrated the music that has influenced them and have made previous homilies to the bands and musicians on the albums "Garage Days" revisited EP and the double album "Garage Inc."

"Full Metal Garage – The Songs That Drove Metallica" track listing:

Disc One:

01. DISCHARGE – "Free Speech For The Dumb"

02. DIAMOND HEAD – "It's Electric"

03. BLACK SABBATH – "Sabbra Cadabra"

04. MISFITS – "Die Die My Darling"

05. NICK CAVE – "Loverman"

06. MERCYFUL FATE – "Curse Of The Pharaohs"

07. MERCYFUL FATE – "Evil"

08. BLUE ÖYSTER CULT – "Astronomy"

09. THIN LIZZY – "Whiskey In The Jar"

10. LYNYRD SKYNYRD – "Tuesday's Gone"

11. DISCHARGE – "The More I See"

Disc Two:

01. DIAMOND HEAD – "Helpless"

02. HOLOCAUST – "The Small Hours"

03. KILLING JOKE – "The Wait"

04. BUDGIE – "Crash Course In Brain Surgery"

05. DIAMOND HEAD – "Am I Evil"

06. BLITZKRIEG – "Blitzkrieg"

07. BUDGIE – "Breadfan"

08. DIAMOND HEAD – "The Prince"

09. ANTI NOWHERE LEAGUE – "So What"

10. SWEET SAVAGE – "Killing Time" ('96 version)

11. MOTÖRHEAD – "Overkill"

12. MOTÖRHEAD – "Too Late Too Late"

13. SAVAGE – "Let It Loose"

14. DIAMOND HEAD – "Sucking My Love"

15. SAVAGE – "Dirty Money"

16. JAGUAR – "Stormchild"

1) sta je bre ovo:

15. SAVAGE – "Dirty Money"

16. JAGUAR – "Stormchild"

??????

Ох, па рецимо само да су то неки од најбољих NWOBHM бендова, али ко зна за њих, је л' тако?