Metallica

lemmy sixx

Lemmy Kilmister (MOTÖRHEAD), DEVILDRIVER, SODOM, DORO, FINNTROLL and BORKNAGAR are among the artists who are featured on the 20th-anniversary tribute to METALLICA's self-titled album, to be made available with the September 2011 issue of Germany's Metal Hammer magazine. The 80-page publication containing the disc, behind-the-scenes articles and interviews as well as a 32-page Wacken Open Air special will hit newsstands in Germany on August 24.

The world-exclusive "Metallica" tribute album includes eleven previously unreleased recordings plus a cover of "Enter Sandman" that was recorded by Lemmy Kilmister and members of ZEBRAHEAD for the 1998 compilation "ECW: Extreme Music":

* LEMMY - "Enter Sandman"

* THE NEW BLACK - "Sad But True"

* DEVILDRIVER - "Holier Than Thou"

* DARK AGE - "The Unforgiven"

* CALLEJON - "Wherever I May Roam"

* I.C.S. VORTEX - "Don't Tread On Me"

* NEAERA - "Through The Never"

* DORO - "Nothing Else Matters"

* MOTORJESUS - "Of Wolf And Man"

* FINNTROLL - "The God That Failed"

* BORKNAGAR - "My Friend Of Misery"

* SODOM - "The Struggle Within"

Slažem se da "My Friend Of Misery" nikako ne treba dirati, tu pesmu je prosto nemoguće napraviti boljom nego što jeste. Mada, imajući u vidu da se o Borku radi... Ako V bude pevao, može biti zanimljivo.

Nego, taj Dark Age je ranije već obradio "For Whom The Bell Tolls" (valjda je isti bend :haha:) i odvalili su je, valjda i ovo bude dobro.

• 2 weeks later...

The musical collaboration between Lou Reed and METALLICA, "Lulu", will be released on November 1 in North America and one day earlier (October 31) in the rest of the world.

"Lulu" was inspired by German expressionist writer Frank Wededkind's plays "Earth Spirit" and "Pandora's Box", which tell a story of a young abused dancer's life and relationships and are now collectively known as the "Lulu Plays". Since their publication in the early 1900s, the plays have been the inspiration for a silent film ("Pandora's Box", 1929), an opera, and countless other creative endeavors. Originally the lyrics and musical landscape were sketched out by Lou for a theatrical production in Berlin, but after coming together with the 'TALLICA boys for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame concerts in New York in 2009, all guilty parties knew they wanted to make more music together. Lou was inspired enough by that performance to recently ask the band to join him in taking his theatrical "Lulu" piece to the next level and so starting in early May of this year they were all camped out recording at METALICA's studios in San Rafael, California, bringing us to today and ten complete songs.