2009.02.23. *SKC, Beograd* Gamma Ray

LazaGNR

Drummer DANIEL ZIMMERMANN Quits FREEDOM CALL - Feb. 12, 2010

In an exclusive, yet-to-be-published interview with Greece's Rockpages.gr web site, Daniel Zimmermann — GAMMA RAY drummer and a founding member of FREEDOM CALL — revealed that he has decided to leave FREEDOM CALL due to a conflicting schedule with GAMMA RAY. FREEDOM CALL has already found a replacement drummer and plans on making an announcement soon.

FREEDOM CALL's latest album, "Legend Of The Shadowking", was released in Europe on February 1 via SPV/Steamhammer Records.

The track listing is as follows:

01. Out Of The Ruins (4:21)

02. Thunder God (3:31)

03. Tears Of Babylon (3:38)

04. Merlin – Legend Of The Past (4:17)

05. Resurrection Day (3:34)

06. Under The Spell Of The Moon (5:08)

07. Dark Obsession (4:45)

08. The Darkness (5:06)

09. Remember! (4:21)

10. Ludwig II – Prologue (2:19)

11. The Shadowking (5:13)

12. Merlin – Requiem (2:34)

13. Kingdom Of Madness (3:59)

14. A Perfect Day (3:58)

A trailer for the album can be viewed at this location (MPEG-4 file).

According to a press release, "stylistically, 'Legend Of The Shadowking' is a successful liaison of the group's basic strengths and new, contemporary influences." Or, as Dan Zimmermann puts it, "Even if the two predecessors, 'The Circle Of Life' and 'Dimensions', took very different directions, both albums had a number of strong moments. 'Legend Of The Shadowking' combines the most successful elements from both albums. In other words, we included our penchant for fast and very melodic numbers from 'Dimensions' with the more contemporary, bombastic components of 'The Circle Of Life'."

The fourteen new numbers were recorded at the FC studios in Nuremberg, while the drum parts were cut at the Area 51 in Celle by Dan Zimmermann with the help of Tommy Newton (HELLOWEEN, UFO, VICTORY), who also mixed and mastered the effort. The cover artwork was designed by the young Bavarian artist Jens Reinhold.

"Legend Of The Shadowking" is said to be a concept album about Ludwig II, King of Bavaria. He had a close connection to the composer Richard Wagner.

FREEDOM CALL was moved and inspired by King Ludwig's extravagance and his passion for musical theatricality.

• Upvote 1

eee ljudi,ovo je kao spisak pesama,ali mi je cudno kako nema "Heavy metal univerce","Somewhere out in space" i "new world orden"...moraju to da sviraju

Garden of the sinner

Empathy

Deadlands

Fight

Abyss of the void

Mother Angel

Armageddon

To the metal

No need to cry

Rebellion in dreamland

Man on a mission

-------------------------

Future World

Send me a sign

Jebote, koji im je kurac, pa realno ispada bolja (i duža) ona kada su bili sa Helloweenom:

1. Heaven Can Wait

2. New World Order

3. Land Of The Free

4. Fight

5. Into The Storm

6. Real World

7. Rebellion In Dreamland

8. Heavy Metal Universe

9. The Silence

10. Ride The Sky

11. Valley Of The Kings

----