Ihsahn

ba+a.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The second in a series of video clips featuring behind-the-scenes footage from the recording sessions for "After", the forthcoming studio album from former EMPEROR vocalist/guitarist Ihsahn, can be viewed below. The band states, "In this footage we have included recording of vocals and some guests, and give away more hints on the musical direction."

Recorded during the first half of 2009, "After" completes the musician’s planned trilogy of initial recordings. The CD showcases the Norwegian icon with drummer Asgeir Mickelson (SPIRAL ARCHITECT), bassist Lars K. Norberg (SPIRAL ARCHITECT), and saxophonist Jorgen Munkeby (SHINING).

"This is my first album written with eight-string guitars as basis which has been both challenging and inspiring," Ihsahn states about the creative process. "I also decided early on that I wanted to mix this album with Jens Bogren (OPETH, KATATONIA) and recorded the album with that in mind. Asgeir and Lars have again delivered superb performances. I've always wanted to implement the saxophone in my music; Jorgen's contributions truly added a silver lining to the album."

Recorded at Ihsahn's own Symphonique Studio, with additional work at Toproom Studio (co-engineered by Borge Finstad), "After" was meticulously laid out over an eight-month period. The intensity of the project has more than paid off with early listenings already proclaiming it to be the most poignant creations of his solo efforts. "I have felt more confident and more at ease with the material," relays Ihsahn. "In letting the songs themselves lead the way I just followed the natural impulses."

Ihsahn played his first-ever concert as a solo artist, supporting OPETH at Rockefeller in Oslo, Norway on March 10, 2009. He stated about the gig, "I felt well prepared for the show, and luckily all technical aspects worked out to our advantage, so that the overall experience for me and my band was extremely positive. The feedback from the audience was amazing, and many thought that the songs gained an extra dimension by being performed in a live setting."

Ihsahn was supposed to support OPETH for the majority of shows on the Swedish band's Norwegian tour in March. However, more detailed production planning revealed technical and practical difficulties at many of the smaller venues, and it proved nearly impossible for Ihsahn to play any of the other dates on the trek.

Izgleda da na Hellfest-u naredne godine sviraju Ihsahn, Ulver i Sunn O))). Zamisli tog dozivljaja. :D

Megaeargasm :haha:

Dada,oni screamovi iz studija.....malo vodice,pa ponovo dominacija mikrofona :haha: Dobra je ideja sa saksofonom samo mi ono nije bas zvucalo nesto uklopljeno kako valja,bar na klipu :}

• 3 weeks later...

Bilo je pricha da nam avangardisti daju temu, ali oni nisu voljni, a po mom misljenju Ihsahn zasluzuje temu ovde iz mnogo razloga, pa da zapochnem.

Imali smo dva albuma do sada, oba odlichna i oba razlichita ali sa izrazitim Ihsahnovim pechatom. Uskoro treba da procuri novi album, tako jest svkog trenutka ga nestrpljivo ocekujemo.

Nije stvar u tome. Jednostavno je glupo otvarati istu temu na dva podforuma. Koga uopste boli kurac za avangardiste,trešere,progere ili ne znam ni ja. Imas vec temu o bendu/projektu kojeg slusas,pises na toj temi bez obzira na kojem je podforumu i ko mu je "klijentela". Ovo mogu da tumacim ili tako da je Lunaru stvarno frka od tih avangardnih fora (kojima je ponekad izlozen),ili da pokusava da napravi po uzoru na njih iste jedan potencijalno ekskluzivni podforum za blekere.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Nije stvar u tome. Jednostavno je glupo otvarati istu temu na dva podforuma. Koga uopste boli kurac za avangardiste,trešere,progere ili ne znam ni ja. Imas vec temu o bendu/projektu kojeg slusas,pises na toj temi bez obzira na kojem je podforumu i ko mu je "klijentela". Ovo mogu da tumacim ili tako da je Lunaru stvarno frka od tih avangardnih fora (kojima je ponekad izlozen),ili da pokusava da napravi po uzoru na njih iste jedan potencijalno ekskluzivni podforum za blekere.

Uglavnom bilo je par ljudi koji su trazili da se tema otvori ovde na blacku medju kojima sam i ja, sto i zasluzuje. Stvar zasto su se svakake teme otvarale na avangardi ranije, je bilo to sto bukvalno nije bilo ljudi koji bi postovali te odredjene bendove na tim podforumima. Stvari su se sada malo promenile i ima ljudi dosta na ovom forumu koji su open-minded i mogu da postuju ovakve malo eksperimentalnije bendove. Daleko je zreliji podforum nego ranije. A i nije prvi put da ja sa avangarde uzimam teme i stavljam ih na black.

Ihshan i Agalloch su dva benda koji zelim ,od ko zna kad, da se nalaze na ovom podforumu, ajde neko se i javi na Ihsahn temi od avangardista ali vecina je to ljudi sa drugih foruma, ali Agalloch bukvalno niko od njih. Ista je bila pricha i sa Sigh pa sam ga prebacio ovde. A i prebacivanje tema sa podforum na podforum nije neka neubicajna stvar uopste. Pre ce neko sa blacka ,ako slucajno se potrudi da poslusa, ili Ihsahna ili Agalloch da se svidi nego neki avangardista, post- .....