Zanimljivosti

Face Of Melinda

• 2 weeks later...

blejim u nocjnoj smeni non stop, prikachim se fonom na wifi i dok radim pushtam predavanja na jutubu. u jednom trenutku sam ostao bez predavanja, odslushao sam sve shto je postavljeno sa chomskim, sa alperovicem, albertom, hahnelom, razna neka predavanja i debate o filozofiji ekonomskih i politickih pitanja, i naidjem na kraju na ovo- raznorazna predavanja sa jejla. krenuo sam da slusam kurs The Moral Foundations of Politics with Ian Shapiro, kul je, pogledajte shta ima:

http://www.youtube.com/user/YaleCourses/playlists

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

tumblr_n2w61c9D7w1rkt29io1_500.png

Crows are scary

They

• use tools
  • Can be taught to speak (like parrots)
  • Have huge brains for birds
  • like seriously their brain-to-body size ratio is equal to that of a chimpanzee
  • They vocalize anger, sadness, or happiness in response to things
  • they are scary smart at solving puzzles
  • some ravens stay with their mates until one of them dies
  • they can remember faces
  • SIDENOTE HERE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT. They did an experiment where these guys wore masks and some of them fucked with crows. Pretty soon the crows recognized the masks = douchebag. But the nice guys with masks they left alone. THEN, OH WE’RE NOT DONE, NO SIR crows that WEREN’T EVEN IN THE EXPERIMENT AND NEVER SAW THE MASK BEFORE knew about mask-dudes and attacked them on sight. THEY PASSED ON THE FUCKING INFORMATION TO THEIR CROW BUDDIES.
  • They remember places where crows were killed by farmers and change their migration patterns.

vrhunsko predavanje o jeziku i ljudskom umu, bukvalno je (makar po meni) na nivou otkrivenja, sto glavni deo predavanja, sto komentari o filozofiji nauke i njenom razvoju kao i prica o genetici i evoluciji, odmah sam dodao dosta novog materijala za citanje, evo predavanja:

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_n4tav3CEqA1r0bqbdo1_400.jpg

This is the youngest soldier in World War I. Momčilo Gavrić lived in Serbia at the outbreak of the war. In 1916, Austro-Hungarian soldiers killed his father, mother, grandmother, his three sisters, and four of his brothers. His father happened to have sent Momčilo to visit his uncle, saving Momčilo’s life. Without a family or a home, Momčilo went to find the 6th Artillery Division of the Serbian army which was nearby. After hearing what had happened, the major accepted Momčilo into the unit and assigned him to a soldier — really a caretaker. That night, Momčilo showed the major where the Austro-Hungarian soldiers were and helped bombard them. Eight years old, and already avenging his family. At ten, he was promoted to Corporal and at eleven to Lance Sergeant. After the war, his major made certain he got assistance from a British mission and he completed his education in England before returning to Serbia.

• Upvote 2

haha koliko do jaja fotka:

tumblr_n5l9gc1uxZ1rdb6zlo1_500.jpg

Samurai at the Sphinx

[in 1864]….a group of Japanese emissaries on a diplomatic mission to Europe posed for a photo in Giza, decked out in their full samurai regalia. Explains archaeologist Nicholas Reeves of the Metropolitan Museum of Art;

"[The mission’s] aim was to persuade France to agree to the closing of the port of Yokohama to foreign trade, and allow Japan to retreat into isolation once more.

The mission inevitably failed. In 1864, en route to Paris, the Ikeda mission visited Egypt. The stay was memorialised in one of nineteenth-century photography’s most extraordinary images — the embassy’s members, dressed in winged kamishimo costume and jingasa hats, carrying their feared long (katana) and short (wakizashi) swords, standing before the Giza Sphinx”.