Burzum

sevast

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Burzum persists. A new Burzum album, titled "Umskiptar" (Metamorphoses), is scheduled for release in May 2012 on Byelobog Productions. "Umskiptar" consists of 65 minutes of skaldic metal, recorded in Grieghallen Studio in Bergen in September 2011.

"Umskiptar" track list:

Blóðstokkinn (Soaked in Blood) (1:16)

Jóln (Deities) (5:51)

Alfadanz (Elven Dance) (9:22)

Hit helga Tré (The sacred Tree) (6:51)

Æra (Honour) (3:58 )

Heiðr (Esteem) (3:02)

Valgaldr (Song of the Fallen) (8:03)

Galgviðr (Gallow Forest) (7:16)

Surtr Sunnan (Black from the South) (4:14)

Gullaldr (Golden Age) (10:20)

Níðhöggr (Attack from Below) (5:00)

The lyrics on "Umskiptar" are all taken from a Norse poem, Völuspá. For an English translation of the lyrics see the book "Sorcery And Religion In Ancient Scandinavia". The original Norse lyrics for "Umskiptar" can be found here.

http://www.burzum.org/eng/news.shtml

http://www.burzum.org/eng/discography/official/2012_umskiptar.shtml

Now, the locals naturally reacted a bit to our presence. One time I jumped our from the underbrush - after laying in wait to ambush the other guys - and surprised a family who was just taking a walk. I had long hair with bits of moss and pine needles in it, more dark grey or black clothes with grim Death Metal imagery and had a club in my hand, so they weren't too pleased to see me. Because of the risk of encountering "normal" people out enjoying the freedom of Mother Nature, we ended up fighting when the risk of running into "normal" people was minimal. In other words, we waited for the late evenings. We sometimes brought torches or built a bonfire, to be able to see in the darkness, and of course Scandinavian summer-nights are not dark anyhow, and we kept fighting