Occult rock preporuke

Grobodan

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

uskoro novi Sabbath Assembly:

375728_10151926876792877_263748209_n.jpg

Sabbath Assembly returns with their third album, Quaternity. The highly anticipated album is set for international release on March 28th via SVART RECORDS, and will be available on LP, CD, and digital download.

Tracklisting for Quaternity

1. Let Us Who Mystically Represent...

2. The Burning Cross of Christ

3. Jehovah On Death

4. I, Satan

5. Lucifer

6. The Four Horsemen

What is missing from the Christian concept of “trinity”? Carl Jung suggests that the fourth element is what many reject - the evil in our nature; or by another view, the feminine, which throughout Church history has been equated with evil and duly suppressed. To restore this element to the trinity creates Quaternity, which in William Blake’s Proverbs of Hell represents “the fourfold nature of man and his relationship to the divine.”

Side A of Quaternity the album begins with a look at the four deities worshipped in the theology of the Process Church of the Final Judgment - Christ, Jehovah, Lucifer, and Satan - each tune providing the deity with its own voice, unmediated by Christian prejudice. Lucifer is again the light bearer, Satan the source of primal strength, Jehovah the vengeful destroyer, and Christ the master of death.

Side B explores another four: the horsemen of the apocalypse of Revelations. This intricate, sidelong piece was conceived in anticipation of 12/21/12. For those who got the 7” last year, this is the full 20-minute version.

Quaternity is primarily acoustic in format, with an array of classical percussion and strings creating an entirely new sound for the band. Unlike its predecessors, Restored to One and Ye Are Gods, SABBATH ASSEMBLY's Quaternity offers a majority of original material with inspiration from the Process found primarily in the lyrics. One exception is the completely unpublished “Lucifer,” shared with the band over the telephone via former Processian Anthony D’Andrea, who had contacted the band complaining that they were not “getting the hymns right.” Thanks to Mr. D’Andrea, whose rendition can be heard in part at the top of the track.

Quaternity once again features Jamie Myers on vocals and Dave “Xtian” Nuss on percussion. Special guests on the album include Daron Beck of Pinkish Black accompanying Jamie on vocals, Kevin Hufnagel of Gorguts on guitar, Mat McNerney and Marja Kontinnen of Hexvessel reciting sacred texts, liturgical chanting by Jessika Kinney (Sunn 0))), Wolves in the Throne Room), bass from Colin Marston of Behold… The Arctopus, and organ from “Nameless Void” of Negative Plane.

koja ekipa

• 1 month later...

http://nocturnemagazine.net/intervjui/282/sabbath-assembly-jedinstvo-krajnosti-je-jedina-istina

Da li se baviš istraživanjem nekih drugih religijskih pokreta i učenja ili te samo ova Crkva zanima što se toga tiče? U jednom intervjuu si izjavio da je religija bila bitan deo tvog života još od ranih godina odrastanja...

Dave: Zapravo, posvećujem dosta vremena tome, a naročito Pravosavnoj crkvi. Šta više, proveo sam jedan period života u jednom manastiru u Srbiji. (!?)

Stvarno?

Dave: Da,da. Mesto se zove Kovilj, i postoji jedan zaista lep manastir tamo. U svakom slučaju, više sam zainteresovan za situaciju u kojoj se ljudi odluče da ceo svoj život posvete jednoj ideji i učenju i kako monasi promene celu svoju svakodnevnicu i potpuno se posvete Bogu. Bilo kako bilo, bio sam dugo oženjen jednom Mađaricom pa smo dosta vremena provodili u Budimpešti. Tamo sam upoznao ljude iz Srpske Pravoslavne Crkve sa kojima sam dosta pričao o tome i koji su me uputili na taj manastir. U manastiru je bilo dosta mladih monaha koji su mi pričali da su voleli rock muziku i da su imali krajnje svakodnevan život, ali su odlučili da napuste sve to i posvete se ideji koju su imali o Bogu. Bio sam oduševljen tim životom, načinom na koji funkcioniše manastir u sklopu Srpske Pravoslavne Crkve i kako je sve tamo organizovano. Generalno mi se dopada ideja Pravoslavne crkve jer mislim da mnogo bolje i iskrenije prilaze tekstovima iz Biblije za razliku od ostalih, protestanata, na primer.

Dakle moglo bi se reći da je iskustvo u Srbiji dosta uticalo na stvaranje ovog benda?

Dave: Bio sam tamo nekoliko nedelja, a onda sam posetio još nekoliko manastira u Srbiji. Tu je bio jedan monah koji je pričao engleski i sa kojim sam dosta pričao o svemu, pa i o mom životu. U to vreme dete je već bilo na putu, tako da mi je u jednom trenutku rekao:“ Veoma je lepo što te sve ovo privlači i što želiš da se tako posvetiš Bogu, ali si već napravio izvor i to moraš da poštuješ. Čeka te supruga koja nosi tvoje dete i moraš da im se vratiš. Naćićeš neki drugi način da ispoljiš svoju ljubav prema Gospodu i svemu tome što te privlači“. Taj savet mi je dosta pomogao da shvatim celu svoju situaciju tada, pa sam se konačno i vratio u SAD. Istražujući religiju došao sam do Crkve Procesa Konačne Presude čiji mi se pomirljivi koncept duhovnosti dopao i koji me je privukao. U tome sam pronašao svoje viđenje spiritualnosti, i vremenom sam prestao „da se plašim“ mračne strane. Odrastao sam idući u crkvu ali i slušajući heavy metal, tako da sam sve to uspeo da spojim ovde i nekako sjedinim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...