Corrosion Of Conformity

dAdAiSt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Da prekinem niz recitih postova :haha:

Interesantan je ovo album, grower, sve u svemu bolje nego sto ocekivah. Biber mi ne fali tol'ko kol'ko jednostavno taj Hetfildasti vokal, sa te strane su mogli i onog lika sa "Blind" da dovedu, meni bi bilo dosta...kako bilo, da, vokali jesu najveci low albuma.

Muzika though, odlicna. I sludgy i heavy i punky i thrashy, bas dobar mix, sto meni licno jeste jedan od najvecih prednosti njihovih boljih albuma.

Favoriti - "Psychic Vampire", "Leeches", "Your Tomorrow", "What You Despise..."

Vrlo jak 8/10.

Edited by Angelystor
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Corrosion of Conformity has begun writing material for a next album, the follow-up to the self-titled record released via Candlelight Records in late February 2012 and recently released Scion A/V EP "Megalodon." The album, untitled at this time, will again feature the trio of vocalist/bassist Mike Dean, guitarist Woodroe Weatherman, and drummer Reed Mullin.

Last week the band announced a first live performance for the New Year at the annual Metal Fest Chile on April 13th. It will be the first Corrosion of Conformity appearance ever in Chile. Mike Dean comments, “We have been talking about going to South American forever and with Chile being a big source of so much of our Facebook traffic, I know it’s going to be epic. Another chance for us to do a festival with Down is always a very good thing.”

The festival follows the completion of the band’s recent U.S. tour that concluded in southern California alongside High On Fire. The trio was also a featured participant on Barge From Hell that left Florida shores on December 7th. Dean notes, “The cruise was pretty awesome. We had Rick and Jonathan from Torche masquerading as our crew and watching their antics alone was worth the trip. The seas were calm so there was no hurling over the bow.”

Corrosion of Conformity continues to promote the self-titled album in interviews with media as well spreading word on the band's recently released "Megalodon" EP. The EP, sponsored by the folks at Scion A/V, is available for free now via various outlets. Dean says, “The EP was written, recorded, and released in two months time. It really challenged us in a good way. It feels good to get two releases out in one year and I expect that we will continue that level of productivity.” Continuing he shares, “The self-titled album is holding up very well for me. There is a wide variety of material there. It’s all definitely COC but at the same time everything is really a stretch for us. Within the realm of never being totally satisfied, I am very happy with how it came out.”

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

OP OP

Pepper Keenan, who has spent the last few years focusing on his guitar-playing duties in DOWN, rejoined his CORROSION OF CONFORMITY bandmates on stage this past Saturday, April 13 at The Metal Fest at Movistar Arena in Santiago, Chile to perform two songs: "Señor Limpio" and "Vote With A Bullet". Fan-filmed video footage of his appearance can be seen below.

• 4 weeks later...

cocrandy.jpg

WOW! Last night Lamb Of God front man, Randy Blythe, posted the picture above to his Instagram account with an exciting update for all of us heavy music lovers! Evidently he will be doing vocals on a track with Mike and Reed from Corrosion Of Conformity for a new project called Teenage Time Killer! Other guests vocals and more information on this project is sure to come soon, but for now, here’s the update that Randy gives us: “This is me with Mike Dean & Reed Mullin of the legendary NC band, Corrosion of Conformity. Their record, “Animosity”, is a HUGE influence on me, in fact the vocals on that record by these two men were the first screaming type music I tried to sing along to, EVER. Reed had a track he wanted me to write lyrics for & sing on, so I did (title is “Hung Out To Dry”)- it’s old-school COC style thrash punk & I killed it on the mic last night- SO FAST! It was a huge honor for me to work on this- it will eventually come out as a project called TEENAGE TIME KILLER (named after a Rudimentary Peni song) w/a bunch of cool vocalists. The instruments were recorded at Dave Grohl’s studio (watch his documentary, Sound City- track was recorded on THAT board)- Grohl will add a couple of guitar tracks to the tune too. So good!

THIS IS GOING TO BE SICK!!!!!!!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...