Angra

Elderane

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=184499&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

ANDRÉ MATOS To Perform ANGRA's Entire 'Angels Cry' Album On Upcoming Tour - Jan. 7, 2013

Brazilian vocalist, keyboard player and composer André Matos (ANGRA, SHAMAN, VIPER) will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the release of ANGRA's 1993 debut album, "Angels Cry", by performing the LP in its entirety on his upcoming solo tour, which is set to kick off in March. The show will consist of two parts, with the first part focusing on the material André wrote and recorded with SHAMAN and VIPER, as well as during his solo career.

In addition to recording the vocals and keyboards on the entire CD, André Matos was the composer and arranger of nine of the ten tracks on "Angels Cry", including "Carry On", which is still considered to be one of ANGRA's most popular songs.

Matos released his third solo album, "The Turn Of The Lights", in August 2012.

Matos' current solo band includes new drummer Rodrigo Silveira and bass player Bruno Ladislau — replacing Eloy Casagrande (now with SEPULTURA) and Luis Mariutti, respectively. Keyboardist Fabio Ribeiro also left the group. André's longtime collaborators, guitar players Hugo Mariutti and Andre "Zaza" Hernanades, have remained with the singer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Asked who should replace Falaschi in ANGRA, Matos told "Heavy Nation": "ANGRA should call it a day. They already tried a resurrection with Edu Falaschi, which had some success. But they're always living in the past...

"Insisting on rebuilding the band is worthless. That's why so many times I chose to end a project rather than trying to bring back to life a mummy, a corpse."

Matos confirmed that he was invited to rejoin ANGRA after Falaschi's departure, but he explained that the friendship between the members of the classic lineup of ANGRA ended after they went their separate ways and he said that he wouldn't feel comfortable going back to the band, as he recently did with VIPER.

"I won't be a hypocrite," Matos said. "They came to me, the members of [ANGRA] and some people from their management. But I've always made things clear: I'm not interested in this kind of reunion, which I'd call morbid. It's gone, it's dead. With VIPER, things were different; we kept the friendship even when I left the band."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...