Masterplan

Earendil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Vocalist Mike DiMeo (RIOT, THE LIZARDS) has confirmed that he has parted ways with MASTERPLAN, the melodic metal band led by former HELLOWEEN guitarist Roland Grapow. Mike writes on his MySpace page, "I have nothing but profound respect for them and continue to wish them nothing but success in the future."

Although MASTERPLAN has yet to announce a replacement for DiMeo, Grapow wrote in a November 5, 2008 online posting that the band had commenced the recording sessions for a new studio album, which is tentatively expected in May/June via AFM Records. He said, "Axel [Mackenrott, keyboards] and Jan [s. Eckert, bass] are working on more new song material in Hamburg in Axel's new studio. Meanwhile i'm writing/recording guitars and arranging songs in my studio in [slovakia]. We have 10 songs written so far and we'll still write more material parallel to the recordings. We are very happy with the new song material so far and we are sure it will be a killer album!!!" Roland also added that there will "hopefully [be] a big surprise" coming soon.

Konachno neke vesti... Jebiga, nisam se nesto vezao za DiMeoa tako da mi je ovo nyah. Ajmo sad Lande da se vrne!!!

MASTERPLAN guitarist Roland Grapow has commented on the band's split with vocalist Mike DiMeo (RIOT, THE LIZARDS).

DiMeo joined MASTERPLAN in 2006 for the recording of the "MK II" album and the subsequent tour.

Grapow, who was member of HELLOWEEN between 1989 and 2001, stated: "Mike is still our friend and we feel big respect to his huge singing talent. We are really thankful for Mike's great addition on 'MK II' and wishing him all the best and luck on his new projects! Meanwhile we continue to work on the new studio album. We'll put out more news about our new singer soon! So stay tuned and expect big things coming around... Right now we are not able to tell you more news, so be patient! The band is not searching for a new singer, drummer, keyboarder, bass or guitar player."

Ne bi me chudilo da Grapow peva ;)

Samo neka Grapov peva, time ce konacno da unisti end B)

Pevao je on na svom prvom solo albumu pa brzo uvideo to nije pevac...

Sto se pevaca tice - nezahvalan je to bend za pevanje...

Npr. Lande je 10 x bolje zvuceo kod ARK, a Mike je mnogo bolje zvuceo u RIOT! Jeff Soto bi bio dobra alternativa, ali dzabe sve kada nemas dobar matarijal i melodije...

Jebote ovaj Masterplan je poceo kao metal all stars bend, a zavrsice kao propali projekat Rolanda Garpowa... samo da ne odu Axel i Terrana i bice do jaja.

Sto se mene tice ako nece Jorn nazad, JSS je longshot a i kapiram da ga ne zanima Masterplan, ja bi bio zadovoljan da vidim nekog kao recimo Mats Leven (mada mislim da se on bavi Amasefferom trenutno). Mada recimo moze onaj mali finac Koivunen...

• 4 months later...