Agent Fresco

azal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

evo ti potvrda, grobe, za Dredg vezu

http://www.itdjents.com/beyond-music/favorite-albums-friday-musicians-choice-episode-iii/

Arnór Dan Arnason (Agent Fresco)

“Here are some records that had an enormous impact on my relationship to music during my teenage years!”

Sigur Rós – Ágaetis Byrjun

The soundtrack of my cloudy dreams! I don’t think this record ever left my glorious 5-disc stereo system back home in Denmark. I was born in Iceland, but raised in Denmark which surely brought on some identity dilemmas to the table. In hindsight I now see that the music by Icelandic artists like Sigur Rós, Múm, Björk and Mínus all became a personified long distance romance. A dreamy, naive and quixotic escape, if you will! Anyway! Here’s “Ný Batterí”: the song that got me into Sigur Rós.

The Blood Brothers – Burn Piano Island, Burn

Furiously beautiful music! It’s a sad moment, you know, that certain loss of innocence when you finally realize just how ugly, greedy, and corrupt our world can be and I’m glad that I had The Blood Brothers by my side during that time. I was also lucky enough to catch them live before they split up and I remember leaving the venue incredibly inspired by their powerful performance. Here’s “The Shame”, one of my all-time favourite songs.

P.S: Someone even did a brilliant music theory piece on The Shame and I can’t recommend it enough!

Deftones – White Pony

I loved Around the Fur, but White Pony showed me that it was not only possible but crucial for a band to evolve and experiment without losing any integrity as musicians. Deftones were being pigeonholed in the nu-metal scene and then they released this gorgeous game changer. I still air-drum the shit out of “Digital Bath” and Chino Moreno is also still dangerously close to being an idol of mine, like “restraining order” close, but performing “Passenger” live with Chino is on my bucket list. I’ll accept the restraining order after that.

Dredg – El Cielo

There’s this beautiful and playful tone of longing that flows throughout El Cielo. It’s a stunning concept album and it definitely inspired me to write A Long Time Listening and Destrier with layered lyrical motifs and to treat them as a collective piece of art, rather than a random collection of songs. Here’s the “Canyon Behind Her” that in my opinion showcases their song-writing at its best.

Moby – Play

This album made me appreciate the idea of “less is more” and I desperately want to collaborate with this bald brother of mine before I die. There are some pretty wicked songs on this album for any mood really, but it’s the latter part of the album that really touched me, especially “My Weakness”, the most breathtaking closing track EVER. You have no heart if this song doesn’t touch you. No heart at all.

• 2 weeks later...

evo ti potvrda, grobe, za Dredg vezu

http://www.itdjents....ce-episode-iii/

Arnór Dan Arnason (Agent Fresco)

“Here are some records that had an enormous impact on my relationship to music during my teenage years!”

Dredg – El Cielo

There’s this beautiful and playful tone of longing that flows throughout El Cielo. It’s a stunning concept album and it definitely inspired me to write A Long Time Listening and Destrier with layered lyrical motifs and to treat them as a collective piece of art, rather than a random collection of songs. Here’s the “Canyon Behind Her” that in my opinion showcases their song-writing at its best.

Yup to se i oseca kod njih

El Cielo i dalje najbolji Dredge album ikad...

do jaja. nije mi bas jasno sto su nekad cetvorka a nekad sestorka. koliko vidim ovde, ovaj sto svira klavir je glavni gitarista. ovaj drugi gitarista i drugi klavijaturista su mozda neki session likovi sto samo live sviraju kad mogu

• 2 months later...

Gledao sam ih sinoc u Barseloni, ljudi pokidali.

Svirka na nivou, pevac i pored bolesti otpevao bolje od tamo nekih Einara.

Uz sve to, primetno je da (jos) nisu poleteli. Bili su raspolozeni za druzenje sa fanovima, a Arnor se nama zahvaljivao sto zelimo da se slikamo sa njim (pri tom je stigao i ženu da mi izljubi :)).

• Upvote 2

Odlično. Inače, zaboravio sam da pomenem da ta pesma duplo bolje zvuci uzivo, jer masa peva lalalalalalala deo.

Nego, mogao bi "neko" i ovde da ih dovede ;).

Edited by 23/16