• 2 weeks later...

http://www.toiletovhell.com/robot-fingers-an-interview-with-christian-munzner/

We’re basically working on getting Eternity’s End on the stage and we’ll see how that goes. We’re planning to start recording a 2nd Alkaloid album hopefully later this year. I’m constantly writing though whenever I have an idea, so I’m collecting riffs and ideas for a potential 2nd Eternity’s End CD as well, and I’m planning an instrumental fusion project with Alkaloid guitarist Danny Tunker and we’re collecting ideas for that as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

snimaju drugi album.

ali imaju novog pevaca :(

ovaj lik. dobro peva, ali dosta generic power lik

Eternity’s End to start working on 2nd album “Unyielding”, reveal new line up featuring members of Hibria, Necrophagist, First Fragment and Symphony X

Germany based neoclassical power metallers Eternity’s End are starting the recordings for their second album currently titled “Unyielding”. Unyielding will be the follow up to the internationally acclaimed 2016 debut “The Fire Within”. This album features several line up changes for the band, most notably Brazilian vocalist Iuri Sanson (ex Hibria) and the addition of 2nd guitarist and songwriter Phil Tougas (First Fragment, Chthe’ilist), as well as bassist Mike LePond (Symphony X). Still on board are original guitarist Christian Muenzner, keyboardist Jimmy Pitts and drummer Hannes Grossmann. The album will feature 10 songs of technical, speedy and catchy power metal with a strong emphasis on intense riffing, huge choruses, over the top solo duels and harmony leads and the neoclassicisms found on the debut album. The complete line up for Unyielding consists of:

Iuri Sanson – Vocals

Christian Muenzner – Guitars

Phil Tougas – Guitars

Jimmy Pitts – Keyboards

Mike LePond – Bass

Hannes Grossmann – Drums

The album is set to be mixed and mastered in September at Powerhouse Studios in Hamburg by Piet Sielck (Iron Savior, ex Savage Circus).

Band founder Christian Muenzner comments: “I’m extremely happy about the new line up and how the new material turned out. As opposed to the debut album, I’m not the sole composer of the new material anymore, but wrote this album together with our new guitarist Phil Tougas. The songs for Eternity’s End have always been written for a 2 guitarist situation so the addition of a 2nd guitarist was the next logical step for this band. Phil and me share many of the same influences, besides our shared background in extreme metal we are both influenced by neoclassical guitar players like Tony MacAlpine, Vinnie Moore, Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert, Bruce Bouillet, Joey Tafolla, Jason Becker, Tony Fredianelli, Michael Romeo and James Byrd among many others and share the love for 80’s US Power Metal and mid to late 90’s German Power/Speed Metal, which will all be evident in the new material. The writing process for the new album felt very natural, in many occasions one of us had the basis for a song and the other guy would come up with the exact riff or section that was the missing link to complete the piece. Our first collaboration had been on the debut album “Dasein” of Phil’s neoclassical tech death band First Fragment, on which I guested on one of the songs and we did intense solo trade offs and harmony leads. This worked so well that many people went “you guys have to do more of this”, so here we are. There will be many harmonized solos in the vein of Racer X and Cacophony on this album, as well as triple harmonies and 3 part solo trade offs with our keyboard player Jimmy Pitts, so all the guitar nerds and shred freaks should watch out for this release.

Phil and me have been fans of Iuri Sanson’s vocals since we first heard the Hibria debut album Defying The Rules many years ago, to us he is the best metal vocalist currently around. The new material is a lot more aggressive, technical and in your face than the songs of our debut album, and Iuri’s voice fits the new material just perfectly.

The contact to bassist Mike LePond from Symphony X came through our keyboard player Jimmy Pitts. We are all big fans of Symphony X and Mike plays the exact style we were looking for on the new songs, going over the top and matching the shredding skills of the guitars where needed in places and providing a solid, locked in heavy metal groove with the drums in others.

The drums will be provided once more by my long time partner in crime Hannes Grossmann with whom I have been making music since more than 15 years now. I can’t think of a more perfect match for my songs.

We faced a little bit of bad luck with the situation with our old label Power Prog for The Fire Within, but we hope to get some better promotion and distribution the 2nd time around.”

Guitarist Phil Tougas comments: "Becoming a part of this band and helping write the album has been a surreal experience. Not just because the members all played in bands I've been worshiping for many years, but I'd say it's also mainly because of how it all came together. The moment Christian asked me to join, we simply churned out riffs non-stop, day and night, as if our lives depended on it. It was so productive that we already have song ideas for another album. Our writing styles mashed together instantly, and being given the chance to contribute full songs to the band was very fulfilling. Sure, we do share the same influences and taste and all that, but it's this drive that we all have in common as well as this unquenchable thirst to write truly empowering and epic hymns that made us into the cohesive unit that we are now. I don't see Eternity's End as a side project. There is too much passion in these riffs for this band to just be something like that. I look forward to releasing this album and playing this material live"

The band are currently looking for a suited label for the release of “Unyielding”.

29744605_1796244470671036_1522398964353736457_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=72a1f407d7bd0c03689c10ad147d6c12&oe=5B271850

• 9 months later...

Kakvi  su utisci?

Meni je album ipak previse generic, iako je to cela poenta. 

Pevac je bas prosek za ovaj pravac ako mene pitate, stvarno nista specijalno, pretanak mu glas kad ode visoko. 

Ne cujem taj US Power uticaj koji su najavili, ovo je cist Nemacki power meets Shrapnel shred. 

Ne znam ko je pisao tekstove ali deluju losiji nego na proslom, iako je oduvek poenta da budu klasicni power metal tekstovi. 

Deluje mi kao da su se sasvim slucajno usrecili sto su prvi snimili sa Ian-om, koji ne moze da zvuci kao genericki power metal pevac ni da zeli. 

Ima dobrih pesama, opet je sve to na nivou solidnom, ali su mi pesme i pevanje dosta losije na novom albumu. 

Također generic utisak. S tim što meni ovaj Brazilac ne smeta, volim ga još iz Hibrie. Sa druge strane, jeste mi najbolja pesma na albumu onaj instrumenta :haha: Cimmerian Shadows. Ali mnogo, mnogo veći problem mi je materijal, sve neka tehnikalija, niđe kvalitetnih lead-ova i hook-ova. Mislim da bi i sa Ianom bio jednako dosadan album, ne verujem da bi pristup pesmama bio drugačiji. I neki kvalitetan breather a la "White Lies" bi ovde baš dobro došao.... Ono, too power metal je album, ako je to ikako moguće.

Ista stva :D Nikako mi nije legao u meri u kojoj sam se nadao da hoce. I dalje je prvenac hit do hita, himna do himne maltene, pevljivo, melodicno, hook, aranzmanski vrhunski odradjeno. Ovde mi je sve nekako, jebem li ga, usiljeni power metal? Da ga nazovem tako. Nije cheese flower power, nego nekako usiljeno mi zvuci ceo album. Dok je prvenac fluidno vozio od pocetka do kraja.

Da je album izasao pre 20 god mnogo brze bi izleteo iz liste nego sad, kad mi dodje kao melem na ranu nedostatka powerice uprkos svim manama.

Neko primetio veliki uticaj Deris 90s Helloweena u pevanju, posebno na prve dve trake?

I medju najtvrdjim trakama je ona Pietova, bas totalni IS worship.

• 3 months later...

Nakon ovih prethodnih komentara stid me da napišem da mi je ovaj novi album neuporedivo bolje legao nego onaj prvi iz 2016. :D Čak mi i ovaj novi pjevač više leži za ovakav tip tehničkog powera nego Ian Parry. Onaj prvi album sam preslušao nekoliko puta i arhivirao ga u folder. Čak na ovom novom albumu ima i nekih pjesama koje su mi baš ušle u uvo, tipa "Horizonless" ili "Necromantic Worship". Generički je itekako, ali me fino vozi i drži pažnju. Još samo ne znam da li da ga tretiram kao ovogodišnje ili prošlogodišnje izdanje, s obzirom na to da je zvanično izašao 26. decembra 2018. :icon_question::unsure:

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mislim da su sa ovim albumom udarili u plafon što se tiče "technical" power metala, a da još uvek bude remotely catchy. Egzibicije na sve strane, ali ima čovek i za koju melodiju i refren da se u'vati.

Bolji od prošlog, ne bolje od prvog (treba nam macro na forumu za ovu rečenicu).

Edited by Angelystor

Slazem se. Jedina realna zamerka je sto je pevacu glas dosta pukao. Dok je bio u Hibriji imao je bas velika muda i puno snage u visokom registru, ovde se bas muci baja, toliko da cesto kvari celokupan utisak, bar meni kao osobi koja smatra da su piercing high notes sastavni deo kvalitetnog powera.

Sto se tice muzike, peglanje na ultimativnom nivou i ocigledno je da likovi imaju savrsen ukus sto se tice power metala i shreda, sto se vidi i po ovoj Spotify playlisti sto su izbacili danas: