The Dillinger Escape Plan

azal

THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN performed the first song of its August 11, 2010 concert at the Pomona, California stop of the Vans Warped Tour without lead singer Greg Puciato, who wasn't able to make it to the show in time. An audience member was chosen to handle vocal duties for the track "Panasonic Youth", with Greg taking over for the remainder of the set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A6HjCzADGs&feature=player_embedded

:lol:

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Greg radi projekat sa Max Cavalerom.

Max: It's really in the beginning right now and we've actually just been talking on the phone. Greg loves NAILBOMB and he's trying to get me to do a NAILBOMB kind of project. He's saying we can do something very similar to NAILBOMB where the both of us sing, like me and Alex [Newport of FUDGE TUNNEL did in NAILBOMB] and what we had and it will be what me and Greg have. We're gonna share the vocals and I think the drummer from MARS VOLTA might be the drummer and the bass player from CONVERGE might be playing bass and we're looking for a guitar player right now. But it's gonna be like a project, not a band like CAVALERA CONSPIRACY or SOULFLY. It's gonna be just a one-off album, something heavy to put out there. Something that me and Greg like to do. I had a great experience with him working on "Rise Of The Fallen" [song from the latest SOULFLY album] and we became good friends and he started calling me about this "NAILBOMB part 2" idea and I couldn't say no. I just thought it would be great and I'm really looking forward to it. I'd like to do as much music as possible, so he came with a new project for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Greg izludeo :haha:

“How much of a fucking dork is Jared Leto? That guy’s shtick is revolting. BIGGEST FUCKING POSER. Makes Fred Durst seem like Jim Morrison.” Wow.

“Anyone in this industry who has any pride should be ashamed if they work with in any way that absolute fucking poser. Get out of here, dork.” Oh snap, girlfriend.

“If you disagree with me than take that as insight that on a core cellular level we have NOTHING in common. Stop acting, THIS ISN’T A MOVIE.” WOW!!! Please, write a column for GSA…please, please, please???

“STOP FEEDING & PAYING ATTENTION TO THIS MONSTROSITY so it will go away. HAVE SOME FUCKING RESPECT FOR YOURSELF AND ROCK AND ROLL. Fuck!!!” Please???

“I mean I try to be posi & shed light on people/bands/shit that’s rad, but now & then you gotta be like HEY LOOK OVER HERE THIS GUY SUCKS. I love you all. I’m out before I get too worked up. Hey @jaredleto fuck off & take your pink mohawk haircut poser bullshit back to acting.”

• Upvote 2

Like Nailbomb, that industrial thrash metal from the 1990s? If you answered “Yes,” then you’re probably looking forward to this nameless project that Max Cavalera and Dillinger Escape Plan frontman Greg Puciato have been working on as of late.

The dudes continue working on songs for their forthcoming LP, and Puciato took to Twitter yesterday to further tease the project, which he called “dark.” Oh boy oh boy!

“Just came back from Phoenix. Max Cav and myself are both in possession of fifteen songs that nobody else has. Dark.”

That’s kind of phat. Imagine having 15 songs you know people are chomping at the bit for, and you’re the only one who can listen to them. That’s cool.

In a recent interview, Cavalera said that extra musicians are being considered for the project; can you say Devin Townsend? The debut offering from the duo will be recorded later this year and will be released in 2012.

Today (March 22), at 11 a.m. on the West Coast and 2 p.m. on the East Coast, go to this Web site, created for the new “Homefront” video game. You will be able to download the game’s soundtrack for free…but act fast. Once the page hits 25,000 downloads, you’ll be shut out.

Plan your day around this, kids, because there is some sick shit on this comp: all covers from the likes of Dillinger Escape Plan, As I Lay Dying, Periphery, and Misery Signals. You can find the full track listing after the jump…if those four bands weren’t enough to pique your interest.

My one complaint: Misery Signals covered Pink Floyd’s “Us And Them.” Why does every band cover this song? I mean, arguably, “Wish You Were Here” has been covered waaaaay more, but “Us And Them” has got to be the second most covered Pink Floyd tune. Branch out, dudes. And “War Pigs???” How many times do we need to hear that song destroyed?

“Homefront” soundtrack track listing:

1. As I Lay Dying – “War Ensemble” (Slayer)

2. The Dillinger Escape Plan – “Fight The Power” (Public Enemy)

3. iwrestledabearonce – “Uprising” (Muse)

4. The Acacia Strain – “War Pigs” (Black Sabbath)

5. Periphery – “One” (Metallica)

6. The Ghost Inside – “Fortunate Son” (Creedence Clearwater Revival)

7. Winds Of Plague – “For What It’s Worth” (Buffalo Springfield)

8. Misery Signals – “Us And Them” (Pink Floyd)

9. Arsonists Get All The Girls – “Masters Of War” (Bob Dylan)

10. Oceano – “War” (Edwin Starr)

11. Veil Of Maya – “Sunday Bloody Sunday” (U2)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...