Therion

Kakashi

• 2 weeks later...

Latest news sa sajta Therion-a

Friday - 18th April 2008

Dear Fans,

Today we have an announcement that will come as a shock to all of you. The four permanent

members of the band have had some discussions and it is clear that we have different

goals and visions for the future. Therefore it is best for the band, our selves as

individuals and for the fans that we go separate ways now when there is still plenty of

time before the next Therion album and World Tour.

This means that Christofer will continue with Therion and the others will perform their music in other projects and bands.

We're all still friends, no one is disappointed and there's still some work we have left

to do together in terms of editing of materials we have recorded for future DVD's.

Best regards to all of you and thank you so much for the wonderful support you have given

the band during the time we have played together.

Christofer, Kristian, Johan and Petter.

Edited by CrvenaBestija

Videh to malopre...do jaja...jedva chekam da vidim novu postavu...generalno,Christofer je uvek sakupljao vrhunske muzichare,te sam siguran da cje tako biti i ovog puta...Ova postava je bila mozhda i najbolja do sada,ali nema razloga da ne verujem da cje sledecja biti josh bolja...

Worst news ever.

Gledao sam Cmass live, posle turneje otishao Mesaja iz benda

Gledao sam Vicious Rumors live, posle turneje otishao Rivera iz benda

Gledao sam Therion live, posle turneje Kristofer na jednu, kompanija na drugu stranu.

Kapiram da ce ostatak sad da se posveti Demonoidu..

Nego, jel' ovo znachi da su i Snowy i Vikstrom otishili ili jok?

Therion posted a new blog entry: THOUGHTS AND CLARIFICATIONS OF RECENT EVENTS

THOUGHTS AND CLARIFICATIONS OF RECENT EVENTS

Category: Music

TAKEN FROM MEGATHERION.COM:

It may seem hard for many to grasp how this could happen. As for my self, if you would have asked me a year ago, I'd say we had the ultimate line-up and that this would be the one for a long, long time to come, maybe for ever. But life change and so does people, including my self. And for this case most importantly, so does Therion. Something you fans seldomly or never have reason to reflect on is HOW we do things and not only how the final result appears on stage or sounds to your ears. Many bands may have internal discussions on how the sound is gonna be, but I think one of the biggest issues for Therion is HOW we do things when we record and tour. How the next album will sound musically is not necessarily the biggest issue when our visions took different directions, even though I think I can say at least one person didn't feel entierly comfortable also with the musical direction the way I interpreted his signals.

To make one thing clear before there's a lot of speculations. Absolutely no one was fired. I noticed a lack of enthusiasm and it became obvious that we had different views on how to do certain things. The worst thing that can happen to Therion is to loose the dynamic and become just a "job" for the people involved, so I asked them straight out to consider their future with Therion anno 2009 and onwards. They had a meeting and came to the conclusion that it wouldn't feel honest towards me, them selves or the fans to make another round with yet and album and World Tour. It's not a small project to be involved with. I estimate one year of recording and one year of touring. So it's not something small one signs up to and I want to have peple that are 100% motivated and not just do it for the sake of making a buck and do it in lack of something they would rather do musically. The spark and the hunger is definatly gone for this line-up. Hats off to the guys for being so true to the art and not pretending and fooling them selves and others just for the sake of "fame and money" (not that you get disgustingly rich from playing in Therion, but at least it's decent money and you get to see the world and shouting fans).

As for the future of Therion, there is absolutely nothing to be alarmed of. Therion has always been more of a musical organism rather than a regular band. How many bands do you know of that don't have a permanent singer in the band for a start? The majority of our fan base that was born with the release of Theli in 1996

is still the base of today. They have been able to follow a musical journey incomparable to any other band and with a variety of members being the performers. Be sure of that it will sound different on the next album, but at the same time, be also assured of that if there would have been an internet forum like this back in 1996-97, then you would have had an equal shock; "What, no Piotr? Dan Swanö is not gonna sing on the next album?? So sad that Jonas won't continue! .." etc. You are all hooking up to the musical current of Therion at different stages and therefore you will always have nostalgia to different records, tours line-ups etc. It's natural.

My philosophy regarding members has always been that "everybody is very important, but no one is irreplacable". It is not something easy to replace three so increadibly talanted musicians at the same time as is the case now, but at least for the festival in September, it's no problem at all, so no need to feel alarmed of that. Finding gifted instrumentalists has never been a problem for a successful band. The true challenge lies within finding equally (or better) musicians with a musical personality and original style, as most of those are already engaged in successful bands already. But on the other hand, none of the Niemanns nor Petter had ever recorded an album, played a show outside Sweden or had any considerable musical success at all (with the exception of Johan, who had a moderate success in the proggressive undergound with the cool band Minds Eye). Yet they were all extremely talanted and strong personality musicians, excellent song writers and very dedicated to the art. It may appear as a mystery that they were not already world famous before they joined Therion. But that's how the world is. And it also shows that there's probably plenty of other diamonds hiding, waiting to be digged out and allowed to shine upon the world. There's also many excellent musicians that used to be successful with other bands in the passed, but didn't manage to continue a career, even though they are very talanted. Forgotten jewels that could shine even brighter than in he old days if given the opportunity.

For sure I will miss all three of them a lot in the future on tour. It will especially be strange to play without the Niemanns that has been in the band for 8 years, longer than any other members. But I'm glad we parted before the flame was totally burned out. I hope their time with Therion have given them (and of course Petter) the experience, contacts and platform they need to successfully continue their careers and create cool music. I'm very curious of what they will be putting out. They are all very interesting song writers and for sure the next Demonoid album will kick some serius ass. Johan also have something interesting of his own that I'm very curious to hear! And Petter will for sure have his hands full with probably more than one project with cool progressive stuff. I'm really looking forward to hear all of it. I also hope I will get the chance to see Demonoid live, that would be cool. =)

/ Christofer

PS

I've seen some reaction like "now I'm never gonna see them live" refering to these guys not gonna play with Therion next time around. Well, that's the thing with Therion, you can NEVER take anything for granted. If you want to be sure to see what we have to offer at the moment and if you live in a country we play in - go to the show or loose the chance (or in best case watch the DVD some year later if there is one). We're not like Motorhead and that kind of bands that will be back doing more or less the same thing every year. Therion live is an art form comparable to a flower. You can only watch it and smell it in real life. A DVD will give you a clue of the beauty of it, but you'll never be able to smell it.

So Therion is a band that needs to be rediscovered for each tour, just like each new album is a challange to the perceptio of what is Therion and what is not (refering to the discussion that always massively occour with each new release).

1. Tu mi je najbolji bio Kristian , lik je faca , dok je njegov buraz dosta povuchen i drugaciji.

2. Po mom mishljenju Peter Karlsson nije neki bubnjar , nema nekakvu tehniku , jednostavno ga ne mogu zamisliti u Therionu

3. Iskreno milslim da Showy i Vikstrom takodje ne treba da budu u bendu , em sto su SMESHNI em sto nije to stil za Therion iako svi govore , menjaju se , menjaju se , ako ovi ostanu i dalje Therion ce biti samo josh jedan od mnogih bendova Heavy vokala

• 2 weeks later...

Ja Therion slušam (poodavno) najviše zbog ogromnog upliva klasične muzike. A opet, GK mi je možda i najdraži, jednostavno, pesme mi najviše prijaju, bez obzira šta se sve u njima čuje ili ne čuje. Eto još jednog mišljenja... :)

A Christofer je već dokazao da ume da nađe kvalitetne zamene dobrim muzičarima. Novi Therion će svakako biti drugačiji, kao što je svaki "novi" do i sada bio....

3. Iskreno milslim da Showy i Vikstrom takodje ne treba da budu u bendu , em sto su SMESHNI em sto nije to stil za Therion iako svi govore , menjaju se , menjaju se , ako ovi ostanu i dalje Therion ce biti samo josh jedan od mnogih bendova Heavy vokala

Vecu glupost u zivotu nisam cuo . Likovi su SMESHNI ?!?! Pa da malo znas , znao bi da ono sto je bilo u Beogradu ( sto se tice scenskog nastupa itd. ), je delo ni manje ni vise nego SNOWY SHOW-a , i bez njega JA NE MOGU DA ZAMISLIM THERION !

Jebo Kristofera ego manijaka ...

:pivopije: