Severe Torture

Astral

Iskren bend. Osjeca se nol na snimcima. Jedino mislim da ona bas gitara previse stekce. Lik je ocigledno htio Maiden sound, ali to bas i ne ide za ovakvu muziku.

ma kakav maiden ti pominjes :?

svasta :? :?

severe nemaju tri blage sa maidenima...

• 8 months later...
Guest spiritual holocaust

zakon su, imam feasting on blood, svakako bend koji nije za propustanje!

Sto se tice basa nema veze sa maidenima niti su to hteli , u death metalu je mnogo cesci ostar zvuk basa sto se meni i svidja ( Sta kazes tek za zvuk basa u cryptopsy )

Prica o Neshi i Stefanu:

Nesha sedi za kompijuterom

Dolazi Stefan trcaci,drzaci disk severe i govereci:

Stigli su najzad ,ultra brutalni pusti pusti ovo

Sledece se cuje samo GROK GROK DRGHSHFSHHSH GROK GROK

Stefan pravi tuzan izraz lica

NEsha se smeje

Kako je samo groktanje brutalno :mrgreen::mrgreen:

• 2 years later...

ANGELMEAT fanzin vise nece izlaziti. 6-7 intervjua je odradjeno za treci broj i steta je da ne budu objavljeni. Na temama ostalih bendova koji su bili planirani za #3 mozete procitati intervju sa nekima od njih. Intervjui su sad malo bajati jer su radjeni pre 2 godine ali mislim da nisu manje interesantni. Pogledajte teme: Suffocation, Severe Torture, Ophiolatry, Gutted, Haemorrhage, Putridity, Gospel of the Horns.

SEVERE TORTURE (Holandija) – Intervju dao Patrick Boleij (bas gitara)

Hello guys, how are you? What have you been doing these days? Is there any breaking news about Severe Torture?

We are fine thank you! We have just been released of our contract with Hammerheart, that was our biggest project of this year. Now we are free to sign a new deal and do things different. Also we have been very busy writing new stuff.

First thing from your web site that caught my attention was your problem with censorship? I know that one of your shows in Switzerland was cancelled because, according to local promoter, your artwork was “perverse, disgusting and very offensive, and shows a total lack of respect for other human beings”. Did you have any bigger problem with censorship? Are you worried when you hear that Cannibal Corpse are not allowed to play songs from first 3 albums in Germany?

That thing in Switzerland was shitty, but after talking with the local promoter when we were there for the tour (ofcourse we weren’t allowed to play) I am not angry anymore. But still it sucked being there and not getting the chance to play. I am not concerned for the future, labels censore artwork even before they get any complaints, so if we have another brutal album cover, the label will probably censore it so they are sure that the album gets in the stores.

You emphasized on your web site that it’s not female but male being butchered. Why is it more offensive if it’s woman? There are so many organizations fighting for rights of women. Shouldn’t they have the same rights as men, to be butchered, he he?

Hehe, the things is that the biggest problem was that the Swiss promoter was offended by it because he thought that we were women haters, hehe. So that is why we explained the artwork. And I can assure you, that we love women, if you know what I mean.

Many bands today have quite disgusting covers, sometimes with photos of mutilated human bodies. Are you surprised because you are the one who has problem with censorship? How did they pick up your band amongst so many bands out there?

Well, a promoter always gets a promotion package before they book the show, so that’s why they picked us. As for the artwork you are talking about, that concerns bands that most of the time don’t have their albums in record stores, only at mail orders or distro’s. So they don’t have distributors that refuse the CD!

Still, cover for ‘Butchery of the Soul’ is not so extreme. How’s that happened?

It had to be clear that it wasn’t a normal Severe Torture release and it is too expensive to create the artwork we normally have.

Were those covers your idea or it was all done by Joe Maloney? If it’s not secret, how much did it cost to get his painting?

The art concept is always from us, but Joe does a great job creating what we want. I am glad that we are one of the only bands that are using him! I am not gonna tell you what we pay him, hehe!

One thing I like about Severe Torture’s music is that although it’s brutal death metal it’s not typical US patterned death metal ala Suffocation/Deeds Of Flesh/ Dying Fetus, played by many bands nowadays. It sounds to me more like early Cannibal Corpse but much more brutal. Do you agree? Can you list your 10 favorite albums/demos? Many bands skip this question.

I guess that we have a little euro influence in our US death metal. We are trying to sound like ourselves and to much as what most bands are doing. But ofcourse you will always hear our influences! My top 10, well that’s hard. There are too many to mention so I am gonna skip this one too, hehe!

Hammerheart Records offered Severe Torture a contract for 2 full-length CDs and an option for 2more. Are you satisfied with Hammerheart and will you continue cooperation? Have you thought about other labels and which one you would like it to be? What do you think for example about Unique Leader?

We are free from Hammerheart now, they did a good job, but we wanted to try something different. See what we can do if we sign to another label. About Unique Leader, they are very cool label, but for us I would work, we know everybody at the label so it is hard to keep business and friendship apart.

How many copies of both albums have you sold so far? I know that vinyl editions are mostly sold out.

Both albums sold about 10.000 copies each. It could have been more if the US release of both albums would have been the same as in Europe. But still for brutal death metal it is quit much! So I am pretty satisfied so far, but I know it can be better! The vinyl is no longer available through HH as far as I know, you can probably find at distro’s or mail orders.

I know that you started working on 3rd full-length album. Can you tell me something more about it? How much is it going to be different from first 2 albums now when you have 2 guitars? Does Marvin have any influence at your music?

The new stuff is more mature song-wise. It still is brutal, but we managed to put more dynamics in it. And the songs have become real songs, as far as you can speak of songs in death metal. Marvin has been a mayor influence, from the minute he joined the band he helped writing new songs!

When will you enter the studio? Will you record again at Franky’s Recording Kitchen or you will find some other studio to get different sound from previous albums?

We will hit the studio in January. It will be in a different studio this time. We want to get a better sound and a better mix than the first 2 albums. I can’t tell which studio cause we don’t know yet!

You made video clip for Butchery Of The Soul (my favorite Severe Torture song)? Where have you played it so far? Why didn’t you include some explicit content, something in vein of your covers? Do you have some more video clips and do you have plan to make a video for some song from upcoming album?

The Butchery video was something that we wanted to try. It has only been shown on Dutch music channels as far as I know. The video had to be cheap because we paid for it ourselves, so that is why we only used footage of ourselves. We will make new videos for the upcoming CD, I don’t know what it is gonna be like. Maybe some naked chicks and us by a swimming pool, hehe!

How difficult is life during tours? Or how difficult is it for Seth (you know the scene from Butchery clip), haha? When you are on tour do you have time to see the town you’re playing in, or you can just check out local beer?

Touring is hard, but playing makes everything right. In Europe, most of the time we can walk around the city, so that’s always cool to do. But in the US we never anything else than the venue, which sucks because we don’t go to the US that often. And ofcourse we always check the local beers, we drink everything that gets us drunk, partying makes you sleep better on the bus, hehe.

Why didn’t you take part at tour with Hate Eternal, Dying Fetus and Deeds Of Flesh? Before you, Houwitser also cancelled participation and Prejudice joined them (excellent replacement). It was great opportunity for you, don’t you think?

That tour being cancelled sucked. At first the tour was supposed to happen in September, but it got cancelled. Then the tour was set up for January, at that time Marvin was in the band for almost a year. But in the tour bus there was no place for him, so we decided not to do it! It was hard, but it was the best way to show that we are serious about Marvin.

Have you got chance to play in some Eastern Europe country? Is there any chance that you come to Serbia? Do you usually play just for traveling costs or you get some fee?

We never played Serbia, maybe in the future, who knows. Usually we play for a fee, we feel that if a promoter makes money, why shouldn’t we? I know that a lot of bands say that they will play for travel costs. We used to do that too, but nothing is for free, we need to pay bills too.

US bands say many praising words about European fans. How did it look like to you when you were in America? How many fans were attending shows and can you compare them to European fans?

We did a underground tour with Deeds of Flesh, Disgorge (US) and Disavowed. Most of the shows were great, with good turnouts, but we did have our ocassinally bad shows. But is part of touring! The fans over there are different, the European crowd looks more metal than the US crowd.

You played for about 3-4 years without second guitarist. How did you decide to recruit new guitarist after so much time? Was it a problem for you to find suitable person/musician or you just didn’t think about that until you met Marvin?

It took us so long because we didn’t want an extra guitar player. But Marvin was just the only guy we felt that ever could join our band. He was playing with Dew-scented on the tour we did with Cannibal Corpse, so we spent 5 weeks on the road with. After the tour we were thinking what to do next, and we started thinking of maybe recruiting an extra guitarist. Marvin was the only guy we could think off. And that is the best decision we ever made!

Around 1998 (if I’m not wrong) Seth and Patrick joined another Dutch band Centurian, and your vocalist Eric joined legendary Sinister. How much did it help or hinder you? Many fans have heard about you thanks to those bands but how much did it slow you down?

It only helped us, it got our name out and that was important around that time. That’s all, there was never any hinder.

Unavoidable question is one about Holland scene. What demo bands would you recommend and what are your favorite Dutch bands? What was reaction of fans to news about Sinister splitting up? If they had been Serbian band they would have had status of heroes here. How do people there in Holland look at them?

There are may great bands in Holland, but a lot of bands think that achieving what we did is easy, so they are lazy. The good bands right now: Pyaemia, Disavowed, God Dethroned, Inhume. The split of Sinister was just a matter of time, there were just to many line-up changes and ofcourse Aad was getting older, so his drumming wasn’t what is once used to be. I think they made an good decision, now they can still be proud of what they did! As far for the scene, there is a lot of jealousy. Most musicians are jealous at other musicians. That sucks but that is the way it is.

What king of cooperation do you have in

Holland? Are bigger bands ready to support and promote newcomers?

The cooperation is pretty good even with the jealousy, we always support bands that we think are cool!

Are you into deeper underground and do you have time for it, like visiting smaller shows, trading zines/ tapes/ CDs? What scene do you specially like? Do you prefer American or old continent underground?

I go to every show I can, that’s sometimes 3 a week! But I don’t buy every death metal CD anymore. There is too many CD’s coming out, so am very picky nowadays. I like everything that sounds brutal, and is recognisable, I do have to hear music, he he!

What are you doing apart from playing in Severe Torture? Where do you hang out in the evenings? What is life in Holland and is there any country where you would like to move?

We all have jobs to pay for the bills. In the evenings we write music and watch TV and hang out with the girls. A couple of times a week we rehearse and in the weekends we visit shows and get drunk!

Hmm, questions are gushing out? This could be just the first half of the interview so maybe it would be better to finish it before I bored you to death. For the end, tell me more about plans for future. Any plans for some tours?

Well in January will hit the studio, so hopefully it will get a release in April/May. And then finally we can start touring again, I can’t wait to get out on the road again!!

Thanks for interview. Last words are yours…

Thanx for the support!!! Check out our new CD next year!!! Stay drunk and get laid!!

Pat and Severe Torture

WWW.SEVERETORTURE.COM

Copyrights Angelmeat zine

Edited by SACRAMENTAL BLOOD

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Pojavio se novi album Sworn Vengeance na netu, i posle prvih par slusanja mogu reci da je utisak veoma dobar. Album je u fazonu proslog, znaci ne besomucno krljanje kao na prva 2, vec sofisticiranija svirka, ima i Mamelli uticaja na vokalu...Mozda im je ovo i najbolji rad, moram jos slusati pa da kazem.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ako mislis na onog Voju, utvrdili smo da je to bot kojeg nekim cudom jos niko nije banovao. :haha:

Btw dobro me podseti da obrnem album, vec sam zaboravio da ga imam a mnogo sam danas zabrazdio u pop, valja to preseci necim jakim. :lol:

Edited by Talvi

Nisam znao da imaju novi album, evo sad slusam i svidja mi se, otprilike je sve na mestu, mozda da su gitare za nijansu jace, ali nevermind, album bas fino "tece".

Pored onog EP-ija od Fleshgod Apocalypse (koji je perfektan) konacno nesto i od novijih death metal izdanja koje je vredno paznje (dodao bih tu i Aeon, ali mi je ona Rutanova produkcija

malo pokvarila utisak, kao sto sam se i pribojavao) a nisam bas toliko odusevljen ni novim Hour Of Penance-om kao ostali.

• 13 years later...