ManOwaR

Protagonist

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

MANOWAR Announce Release Date Of New EP - “The Final Battle I”

The wait is over! MANOWAR have finally confirmed the impending release of “The Final Battle I”, an EP comprised of eagerly awaited brand new material. Fans will first get their chance to own this initial instalment in a trilogy of thunderous EPs in an exclusive pre-sale at the merchandise booth of the band’s “The Final Battle World Tour 2019”, starting with their show in Frankfurt/Germany on March 29, 2019.
An exclusive digital presale period will start on iTunes the same day.

“The Final Battle I” is guaranteed to blow your speakers and your heads off with a whirlwind of crushing sonic destruction, orchestral majesty and epic, pulverising insanity.

The first of three parts which will constitute the highly anticipated new MANOWAR album, this EP is destined to go down in heavy metal history as one of the most insanely epic releases of all time. An imperious demonstration of the band’s undisputed mastery of both skull-crushing metal anthems and extraordinary feats of symphonic bombast, these four new molten metal tracks have been inspired by MANOWAR’s “The Final Battle World Tour” and fuelled by the support and energy of their fans. All music was conceived, recorded and mixed at MANOWAR’s very own VALHALLA STUDIOS, utilizing the unparalleled power of their PMC statement monitors with over 27,000 watts of ground-shaking clarity.

“The sheer power of these four songs is mind-blowing! We simply couldn’t release more songs at one time; it’s just too much!” says Joey DeMaio. “We want to give our fans the chance to take in every note, every word. Gain more strength from this experience and then be ready for the battles they fight every day. And join us on the road, on The Final Battle!”

“The Final Battle I” covers a vast amount of musical ground in its quest to deliver the ultimate heavy metal experience. The opener, the epic fantasy-brought-to-life March Of The Heroes Into Valhalla re-imagines MANOWAR’s music in vivid, cinematic form, providing a deeply moving journey through the warrior’s life, from bloody battles to ascension into Valhalla. The battle filled mood continues with the spine-shattering might and fury of the new anthem Blood And Steel. Next is Sword Of The Highlands, one of the most explosive and dramatic songs DeMaio has ever penned: a profound and stirring tribute to heroes long perished, it begins with exquisite elegance before erupting into a grand crescendo of power and glory, exemplified by a possible career best vocal performance from the ever impressive Eric Adams.

Finally, the most startling surprise arrives in the dark, lurking, brutal and merciless form of You Shall Die Before I Die; a hypnotic and coruscating epic that delivers a vengeful statement of intent and invincibility... with lead vocals by Joey DeMaio himself!

(by Dom Lawson)

“The Final Battle I” comes with a crushing new artwork by iconic fantasy artist Ken Kelly, masterfully echoing the emotional rollercoaster you’ll be taken on.

Magnificent, monstrous and heavier than Hell, “The Final Battle I” will first be unleashed exclusively at the merch booth during MANOWAR’s “The Final Battle World Tour”, starting in Frankfurt/Germany on March 29, 2019 and on all further dates on this tour leg. It will also be available digitally on iTunes worldwide at the same date. The roll out will then continue into retail and online stores on May 30, 2019 and digitally on Amazon and Google. Play.

Parts II and III of the trilogy will arrive in course, inspired by MANOWAR’s adventures on the remainder of
“The Final Battle World Tour”.

54730412_10156398164833517_1862773701921

To smo svi tražili, trilogija "Final" EPeva gde još i Džoi peva...jedva čekam da vidim koliko će ovih pesama da upadne na "Chosen by fans" setlistu takozvanu.

Bejah  na koncertu u Brnu, naravno kraljevi nikad ne iznevere, mada mi je frankfurtski koncert mozda za nijansu bio bolji. Na pocetku je gitara imala neki problem, ali nije se mnogo osetilo jer je Joeyev bass zvucao predrkano dobro, podovi su drhtali kako je svirao. Nije bash 100% uigrana postava, jer je navodno prvi put svirao neki novi bubnjar. Set lista solidna, ali morao je da bude Battle Hymns , Heart of Steel, Metal Warriors, Kill with power, sto je bilo u Frankfurtu. Umesto toga bio je Gods made heavy metal (malo cudna verzija, gde je strofa bila samo pevanke, a przenje islo samo na refrenu, bezveze...), power of the sword (dobro zvucalo), house of death, i jos dve za koje ne znam koje su, neke sa zadnjih albuma, to nisam ispratio. Atmosfera zaista medena, zvuk dosta jak, scenski nastup zadovoljavajuci, mada gitarista mi je nekako ukocen, najbolje je publika reagovala na Warriors of the world i Kings of metal.

Manowar je najveci Manowar je velik, ja ne jedem leba jedem samo celik!!

Hail and Kill!!!

• Upvote 4

rekao bih da jesu. koliko sam uspeo da popricam sa Rossom kad sam ga doveo u beograd, njemu je ovo sto Manowar radi poslednjih 15-20 godina tuzno/sramotno/smesno. ali najvise mu smeta joey, sto vise prica na bini nego sto svira, sto ponovo snima i sjebava stare albume, itd, sto mu je bitnije kakvi su zvucnici na turneji nego kakve su mu pesme, itd. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/28/2019 at 11:04 AM, azal said:

rekao bih da jesu. koliko sam uspeo da popricam sa Rossom kad sam ga doveo u beograd, njemu je ovo sto Manowar radi poslednjih 15-20 godina tuzno/sramotno/smesno. ali najvise mu smeta joey, sto vise prica na bini nego sto svira, sto ponovo snima i sjebava stare albume, itd, sto mu je bitnije kakvi su zvucnici na turneji nego kakve su mu pesme, itd. 

Pa mislim da je u pravu, realno Manowar je napravio dva dobra albuma od kako nema Ross-a, a nema ga 30 godina. Ali sada ima statista koji mašu zastavom i mačevima na bini, jbg spektakl jeste, tu su pare i tako to funkcioniše. Rossov koncert u BG mi je po izboru pesama bio bolji nego oba Manowarova na kojima sam bio, ali masa više zna Warriors of the world nego Blood of my enemies, jbg..

• Upvote 2

March Of The Heroes Into Valhalla - klasican epic orchestral intro, ocekivano.

Blood And Steel - najsvetliji deo ovog izdanja, nesto sto i lici na onaj Manowar koji zelimo. Manowar ko Manowar, produkcija gitara apsolutni kriminal, Dzoi se cuje ko lud, Eric se drzi.

Sword Of The Highlands - epska balada, singalong zagrlite se braco broj. Muske lirike - we will not surrender, not one boy or man, sve u svemu muska suza je najteza.

You Shall Die Before I Die - sto rece kolega ovo je neko trolovanje? Pokusaj nekog menace prizvuka ali ideja nije odmakla dalje od pevusenja na wc solji gde je trebala ostati.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Q: Let's talk about "final." Are these upcoming summer shows really going to be the last MANOWAR shows ever?

Joey: "Okay, let me clarify something. We never announced the end of MANOWAR; we didn't even plan to never tour again. There are so many places that we constantly get fan requests from… We said it's time for a break. So that we can work on other projects for our fans: For example, I'll be traveling with my spoken-word tour this winter where I'll be talking about the history of the band, rare photos and video included. I am working on a metal opera (think 'We Will Rock You', but MANOWAR style). And, of course, we'll continue with Part II and III of our 'The Final Battle' trilogy. But I'll be honest: With the overwhelming feedback from this tour, and fans literally begging us to continue it is really hard to not think of new touring. We've had fans tell us that the thought of us retiring or not touring anymore takes the joy out of their lives. Having such an impact is an honor and a responsibility that we take seriously."