Satyricon

Teodosije

• 4 months later...

"So, last Saturday I visited the Satyricon & Munch exhibition in Oslo and got to hear what will be the new Satyricon album in a dark room lit only by a selection of Munch's paintings at the 10th floor of the Munch museum. The music lasts for 56 minutes and has very little metal elements; I would call the music mostly dark ambient/classical with a tinge of black metal; as Snorre Ruch put it in his interview with Mork it's essentially 'Satyricon LTD'. The music was rich, dark, and brooding and complemented the paintings very well. It's quite different that I believe that it would be suited better as a Wongraven release but nevetheless what I heard was nicely crafted. There were some parts that seemed like sketches, as there were little repetitions and generally a very free-form structure, which is expected in ambient music of course. A friend of mine commented that it still had the essence of a 'rock band' so the music could not expand more to its full potential but I failed to hear that to be honest".

• 2 weeks later...

sad videh ovo

“We deeply regret to inform you that due to the severe effect the pandemic has had on Satyricon’s team consisting of live musicians and crew, the band is not able to perform live until further notice. Every possible effort has been made to find suitable replacements, but with no luck. The band and its support team will continue to make every possible effort to ensure its return to the stage in the future.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...