Celtic Frost / Triptykon

Teodosije

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
"Celtic Frost singer and guitarist Tom Gabriel Fischer has left Celtic Frost due to the irresolvable, severe erosion of the personal basis so urgently required to collaborate within a band so unique, volatile, and ambitious"

"Celtic Frost singer and guitarist Tom Gabriel Fischer has left Celtic Frost due to the irresolvable, severe erosion of the personal basis so urgently required to collaborate within a band so unique, volatile, and ambitious"

nemogu da verujem :icon_eek:

..evo ladno pise na oficialnom sajtu....kakvo sranje...

Former CELTIC FROST singer and guitarist Tom Gabriel Fischer has issued the following statement regarding his departure from the group:

"I am devastated beyond description, and I am infinitely disappointed. As the one member of CELTIC FROST who is exposed most dramatically to the feedback by our audiences and the media, I feel troubled and humiliated about being unable to honor the enormous goodwill extended to CELTIC FROST during the past few years and meet the justified expectations of our fans.

"I have always seen the 'Monotheist' album as a mere beginning, and a tame one at that. My mind and spirit are full of energy, creativity, and ideas. CELTIC FROST had become the unreserved focus of my life for the second time. I was looking forward immeasurably to working on the next CELTIC FROST album. To me, it needed to be darker, heavier, and more experimental than 'Monotheist'.

"And yet, CELTIC FROST consisted of three individuals, and I was only one of them. In the end I had to concede to myself that there was no other option.

"My friendship with and respect for Martin Eric Ain [bass] remain unaffected. Moreover, I am in the process of assessing my options to eventually complete, record, and release some of the ideas I originally created for CELTIC FROST and the planned next album in the course of the past few years, and to take our distinctive music out on the road again.

"There is no way back."

Eto shta kaze Tom... Meni nije jasno, dal' ce sad CF da nastavi? Kako jebem mu mater..

nema smisla.

gluposhtina krajnja..

• 2 months later...

Bassist Martin Ain of the Swiss avant-garde/metal pioneers CELTIC FROST has issued the following update:

"We are deeply sorry about the cancellation of the summer festivals and the Giger Museum anniversary show this year. We regret the adversity that this caused fans and promoters alike. Tom Gabriel Fischer [guitar, vocals] has left the band, but CELTIC FROST is still alive, albeit in a coma of sorts. Franco [sesa, drums] and I are not going to continue recording or touring as CELTIC FROST. This would be preposterous without one of its founding members, the original voice and its defining guitarist. But we are not going to officially disband CF. We hope that there might be a possibility of talking things over and overcoming the differences that caused this schism. Most certainly this will not happen now, but maybe sometime in the future. After all, this is not the first time in the history of this band that things have gone wrong. In the meantime, Franco and I will continue to create music of our own. Under what name or with whom else shall remain open for now. For the time being, we accept Tom's decision as being better for all of us and we would like to whish all the best for him and his future projects. A thank you is due to all fans and friends for their support in these difficult times. We hope that at least the work of these past years was as pleasurable to you as it was to us."

Dobro pa je svima jasno shta se u stvari deshava :rolleyes::)

• 4 weeks later...
TOM WARRIOR STARVES TO DEATH NEGOTIATING FOR DINNER

One of heavy metal's most influential artists is dead today, following a dramatic and tragic four-week standoff at a Zurich, Switzerland restaurant. When Celtic Frost frontman Tom G. Warrior (a/k/a Thomas Gabriel Fischer) entered the tony Chez Ray eatery a month ago, no one expected anything out of the excursion but a meal ordered, paid for, and eaten.

Longtime collaborator Martin Ain was there from the beginning. "We got our menus, and I was a little surprised ? I said 'Tom, this place is sehr expensive ? you're not going to ask me to pick up the check, are you?' I meant it as a joke, you know, as he and I squabbled over money many years ago. I should have known better. He got up from the table with a dark look on his face, and asked the owners if they had a fax machine he could use."

Twenty minutes later, the following press release was faxed to news outlets around the world:

"Once again, it appears that the pursuit of beauty, excellence and creative freedom has met with utter mockery by the so-called 'mainstream.' My desires for gastronomic experimentation have been rudely attacked by a member of CF, forcing me to choose between what I know in my heart to be a satisfying and memorable meal, and the petty barbs of those who zealously guard the purse-strings, even unto the point of penury. Our fans and those few visionaries in the media who support me know that I shall never back down in the face of such miserly sniping. Notwithstanding, it is a dark day for the stomach of heavy metal."

When Fischer returned to the table an hour later, Ain had left, opting to eat at a McDonald's down the street. Undaunted, Fischer ordered a sumptuous meal, providing a detailed list of clashing flavors, asking to see and modify the restaurant's secret recipes, and insisting on having dessert first, garnishing his ice cream with capers, and eating in the wine cellar. When his waiter balked at such a complex order, citing the fact that the restaurant was now scheduled to close in five minutes, Fischer sought the owner and demanded that the waiter be fired.

?At that point, we asked him to leave,? explained owner Ville Marsala. ?He then tied himself to his chair with our velvet rope and refused to go anywhere, claiming that 'if I can wait out Noise Records, I can wait out you plebian destroyers of true culinary creativity.' I wasn't sure what to do - I thought he might be dangerous, so I left and called the police. They took the situation rather lightly, and advised us to leave him there until morning."

"My men had no idea the situation was so dire,? explained police captain Viffley Sneedgarbe, on condition of anonymity. ?We've had to deal with this screwjob--uh, I mean, the deceased--before. Once he spent four days hiding in the rafters of a music shop, angry because they would not give him a free guitar in exchange for an autographed photo of Ron Marks. Eventually, we thought he would just go home."

In the following days, the restaurateur tried to strike deal after deal with Fischer, all of which were rejected out of hand by the temperamental musician. Facing a growing scandal, not to mention thousands of dollars in long-distance bills thanks to Fischer's neverending press releases, Marsala finally made Fischer one last offer ? anything he wanted, forever, for free. Fischer's final press release, scrawled on linen napkins and tied to the leg of a carrier pigeon, refuses even this offer:

It is for genius to create, and for cretins and oafs to sell. Ever since my induction into the cosmic Passion play of yearning and denial that we laughingly call 'the arts,' it has been so. The cheap, shoddy, insulting offers made to me regarding my sustenance are now compounded with an arrogant, mocking condescendence, an attitude which I cannot in good conscience tolerate. If it is to be that my legacy requires the ultimate sacrifice, well, it is one I have been well-trained for my whole life. In spite of my many efforts at creating a mutually beneficial mealtime situation, other factors have made the situation most unfavourable, to which I can only answer with a sad shake of the head and a rumbling belly.

Less than 24 hours later, despite an attempted last-minute force-feeding, Fischer was dead. "As I was trying to stuff a sandwich down his throat, he was writing a press release on my pants-leg, decrying his unfair treatment at the hands of former friends," Ain relates, shaking his head sorrowfully. "I kept asking 'why? Why didn't you just go get a carrot out of the fridge or something? You were in here for a month!' He whispered that he refused to go into the crisper of Ray's... and that was it."

Plans are underway for a massive benefit concert in Zurich, featuring many of the leading bands in the metal scene, and a double-disc tribute album, all of which are expected to be denounced by ghost-written press release in the days to come.

- Keith Bergman

:)