Enslaved

Ravendark

ENSLAVED Announce New Album Title

Norwegian extreme metallers ENSLAVED have set "Ruun" as the title of their new album, tentatively due on May 8 via Tabu. The recordings for the follow-up to the band's Norwegian Grammy- and Alarm award-winning album "Isa" (2004) began a week ago at Amper Studio in Oslo, Norway and the band "already feel confident that this will be a monumental album!" according to a posting on the group's web site. "The drums are finished, and the guitars are being recorded at this very moment."

Commented guitarist and composer Ivar Bjørnson: "The songs are stronger than ever. We've found the ultimate studios and the guys in the band are in very high spirits. Now it's just a matter of working as hard as body and mind permits."

"Ruun" will be mixed at Propeller Studios in Oslo by Mike Hartung and mastered at the Cutting Room in Stockholm, Sweden. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Path of Vanir" and "Essence", both of which the band are planning on shooting videos for.

• 4 weeks later...

ENSLAVED Putting Finishing Touches On New Album

Norwegian extreme metallers ENSLAVED are putting the finishing touches on their new album, "Ruun", tentatively due on May 8 via Tabu. "The final mixes are being made at this very moment in Propeller Studio in Oslo," the group write on their web site. "The band produces the album themselves, with Mike Hartung as leader of the pack. Mastering will take place in Sweden immedeatly after the mix is finished. Later in February the band will make not one, but two videos from 'Ruun'."

Commented guitarist Arve Isdal: "We're very happy with the result, and the feedback from the few chosen ones who had a sneak listening has been awesome! The songs needs time to get into, but we hope you will take that time. Keep it up, loonies!"

According to a posting on ENSLAVED's web site, the band are "confirmed for more festivals. The guys especially looks foreward to play on the Øyafestivalen in Oslo, Norway the 8th or 10th of August. It's a big outdoor festival and one of the bigger events in Norway during the summer. Apart from that, this weekend the band will play two shows in Tromsø, Norway during the By:Larm festival and an exclusive unplugged session live on Norwegian radio. No amps, no drums, just pure acoustic music."

The recordings for the follow-up to the band's Norwegian Grammy- and Alarm award-winning album "Isa" (2004) began in early January at Amper Studio in Oslo, Norway. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Path of Vanir" and "Essence", both of which the band are planning on shooting videos for.

ENSLAVED will be teaming up with KHOLD and VREID for a European tour in the fall. More information will be made available soon.

evo sta kazu za novi album, clanovi benda:

Ivar Bjornson (guitar): "Me and Grutle has worked out a concept I feel is related to both the 'old' ENSLAVED sphere and our new universe; tradition and heresy, logic and metaphysics — side by side. The material is strong willed and seems to live a life of its own; it is out of our hands at this point. It is my hope and belief that old and new listeners will enjoy the album. I know we will. We are very grateful for working with Johnny Skalleberg during recording, Mike Hartung in the mix and for being backed and followed up by Roffe and Tabu Recordings every step of the way."

Herbrand Larsen (keyboards, vocals): "'Ruun' is more extreme in all aspects; sound wise, the riffs, the melodies, harmonies and disharmonies. 'Ruun' is all that and more!"

Grutle Kjellson (vocals, bass): "'Ruun' contains the most successful and efficient lyrics seen in ENSLAVED ever. The concept is more developing and interesting. We spent a lot time pre producing vocal arrangement, which has resulted in a perfect integration with the sound landscape. Every instrument and voice has founds its own orbit within the sound. However, should you not be into newer ENSLAVED, feel free to put 'Frost' once again."

Arve Isdal (guitar): "This is by far the best ENSLAVED record to date. The production is more powerful than before. We have put more effort into the recording sessions, and this shows. Some new instruments and techniques have been used, which gives this record a more colorful sound."

Cato Bekkevold (drums): "The recording was sooo smooth, and I must say thanx to Johnny for his work! And this time I also did some pre-prod in Portugal with my old pal from RE:AKTOR, NexionD which was very helpful for all of us. Ivar's gift as a songwriter never stops surprising me, and it's a privilege to play in such a great band. Musically, we don't break rules, just invent new ones. We didn't have to rush anything during any process, so I'm confident about this one!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"ENSLAVED has just returned to base in Bergen, after a hectic weekend in the wilderness. They recorded material for two videos to support their coming 'Ruun' album (album due to be released May 8th, 2006). The first video, 'Path to Vanir', will be released before the end of March 2006, while follow-up video, 'Essence', will be out there during mid-summer."

• 2 weeks later...

E, a stvarno je Enslaved jedan od najboljih Norveskih bendova!

A tamo ih ima kol'ko 'oces!

I za njih stvarno vazi da, sto su stariji, to su bolji.

Meni se "ISA" taaaaaaaaaaaako dopada!

Mislim da je Ivar genije! Inace, on poducava gitaru.

Ono sto mi se dopada je to sto koristi svih 6 zica i jednu gitaru a ne 3 gitare za isti zvuk. Jako "sirok" muzicar. Kad se tome doda fantasticni Grutle i njegovo muziciranje ... Poslednja 2 albuma su bas girarska, bez mnogo elektronike, mislim da treba ocekivati nesto manje gitara a vise atmosfere, sirine i tog 3D zvuka. Jedva cekam na "RUUN"!

Novi album je za moj ukus predosadan. Ili sam ja glup za te stvari, sto je verovatno istina, ili je album dosadan. Samo stvar RUUN, zadnja na albumu i ujedno i naslovna me malo dotakla, pstalo mi je bilo dosadno, iako je muzika stilski zanimljiva, pesme su dosadne. Sad nek bolje prosude ljudi koji ovo mnesto bolje kapiraju.

• 3 weeks later...

Па, како звучи ...?

Да ли личи на нешто од раније?

Било шта од раније ...

Не капирам шта Вам се не свиђа ...

Мислим оно - да ли да журим да га набављам или ...

• 3 months later...
E, a stvarno je Enslaved jedan od najboljih Norveskih bendova!

A tamo ih ima kol'ko 'oces!

I za njih stvarno vazi da, sto su stariji, to su bolji.

Meni se "ISA" taaaaaaaaaaaako dopada!

Mislim da je Ivar genije! Inace, on poducava gitaru.

Ono sto mi se dopada je to sto koristi svih 6 zica i jednu gitaru a ne 3 gitare za isti zvuk. Jako "sirok" muzicar. Kad se tome doda fantasticni Grutle i njegovo muziciranje ... Poslednja 2 albuma su bas girarska, bez mnogo elektronike, mislim da treba ocekivati nesto manje gitara a vise atmosfere, sirine i tog 3D zvuka. Jedva cekam na "RUUN"!

ENSLAVED, Vreid: 25.09. Zagreb, klub Močvara.

Po drugi puta u godinu i pol dana Enslaved opet u Zagrebu u istom klubu i ponovno s Vreid. koncert u sklopu turneje za novi album "Ruun".