Enslaved

Ravendark

omiljen sempl. samo sam htela ovo da procitam i vise me nista ne zanima do konkretne karike. :cool:

Grutle on "The Beacon":

Seemingly a straight-forward song by listening to the opening, but becomes a bit 'progressive' after a while. A very energetic song with a crystal-clear live song potency: It's intense, brutal, desperate and yet also groovy at times.

The title was inspired by a movie I saw.

In old times, they would light beacons to summon their allies to aid.

The lyrics deal with watching out for certain signals within your own mind and body, and running to aid when the beacons are lit.

Ivar on "The Beacon":

This one I had a killer feeling for right from the start of making it: It starts with a nod to classic Norwegian metal before pairing the old-school black metal feeling with classic rock before going into dark territories with the middle section of the song. Again, the singers really raise the bar with their efforts: Grutle's harsh vocals have the perfect aggression and timing, while [keyboard player] Herbrand's clean vocals take on a few unexpected turns in the chorus. The gem is Herbrand's organ in this song: The organ lead in the second verse takes me back to DEEP PURPLE, while the way it is used in the middle section has to be the blackest use of the [Hammond] B3 [organ] ever!

Nisam mislio da cu ikada da cujem Enslaved uzivo, ali evo ispunila se zelja, a pride i Dimmu Borgir - 18. oktobra u Oslu. Jedva cekam! Plus, kada sam video ko ce jos da svira u oktobru u Oslu, Orange Goblin i Red Sparrows, pomislih u sebi, eh Srbijo :) ali dobro.

Edited by bambayay

Grutle on “Axioma”:

“A little psychedelic island in the middle of the ocean of great riffs? Heh, heh… I like this little synth/vocal piece. It works out as a nice break right in the middle of the record. Me and Ivar wrote the lyrics together for this one and it deals in general with how one shall ignore everything but mere true sayings, i.e. axioms.”

Ivar on “Axioma”:

“It had simply been too many years since we’ve had any kind of ‘intermezzo,’ one of the classic ‘tricks’ of pompous early-‘90s Norwegian Metal. Axioma Ethica Odini is a quite long album in terms of ENSLAVED’s music being intense and containing so much info in each song; it felt like a smart thing to split it in some way. Also, I got the chance to pay tribute to my synth heroes from the ‘70s: Klaus Schultze, Tangerine Dream, and Brian Eno. I used to handle the keys in ENSLAVED and I am still very much into that kind of keyboard usage: Eerie synths, mellotrons, organs, etc. Sampled orchestras are not my cup of tea, heh heh. The lyrics for the song are surreal and cold – as is the world for someone out to find truth at any cost.”