Iced Earth

Iced Earth Diskografija  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vocalist Matt Barlow has announced his departure from ICED EARTH in order to pursue a career doing administrative work for the Department of Homeland Security.

The following is Barlow's official statement on the matter:

"In December of last year, prior to ICED EARTH signing a new record deal, [iCED EARTH mainman] Jon [schaffer] and I had a sit-down concerning what I felt was best for my future and the future of ICED EARTH. I told him that my heart was no longer into performing music and I intended to stand down from my position in the band in pursuit of what I felt would be a more satisfying career and consequently a more fulfilled life. Jon was very adamant that I should not leave the band, and asked me not to do something that I might live to regret. I was compelled to stay with it, but as it turns out my course had remained altered.

"For you to understand my position on this matter, I feel I must explain myself. As for many people, in and outside of the United States, the events of September 11, 2001 had a profound impact. For me personally, it shined a new light on life. It forced me to realize how precious and how short life is. I feel very fortunate to have been a part of something that has affected so many throughout the world, but I believe that what I am striving for will also reflect positively on those I come in contact with.

"I am presently going to school in order to obtain my Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice Administration. When I have received my degree, I intend to follow with a career in law enforcement administration.

"I realize that it may be difficult for some of you to understand the decision that has been made, but please believe that it has been made to preserve the integrity of ICED EARTH. I know that there will be people who bad-mouth the band and me for this and that there will never be a good enough explanation. For those people, I feel pity that they must live through others and I hope that someday they will find themselves in another place. I have been on a great ride with all of you and I have not a single regret. There are great things to come from ICED EARTH and we will all be there to witness them.

I wish Jon and the guys well and I thank you in advance for your support and understanding.

"Best wishes,

"Matt"

Sto mislite o ovome?Ja nemam rijeci.Mnogo mi je tesko zbog njegove ovakve odluke,koja mi je apsolutno neprihvatljiva. :cry::cry::cry: :x :twisted::evil:

Edited by azal

Stvarno je shteta shto je otishao...mada ima donekle opravdan razlog

Kakav mu je to opravdan razlog za napustanje benda,i to u sred procesa snimanja albuma.Po meni je to nekorektno.Mislim da ce Jon dati sve od sebe da dovede nekog kvalitetnog pjevaca,ali tesko da ce uspjeti u potpunosti da nadomjesti gubitak odlaskom Matthew Barlow-a.

Jon Schaffer je napisao skoro sve pjesme,a otpjevao je samo par njih,i to kao backing vocal.Inace,sada ce imati puno posla,jer mu predstoji snimanje albuma,koje ce zapoceti tek kada pronadje novog gitaristu(otisao Larry Tarnowsky) i pjevaca,a to ce biti tesko,i ako se on sa slicnim problemima susretao od nastanka benda.Samo se sjetite koliko je gitarista i pjevaca proslo kroz ICED EARTH.

\"]pa dobro... mogu oni i bolje da nadju... nek peve Greely opet biggrin.gif ...

Vala da znaš. On je zvučao vrlo slično Barlou, a pevao je na njinom muzički najboljem albumu.

Evo, ja se javljam odmah! Može i Running Widl tribute, šta ti kažeš Olivere?

Kakvo amatersko pitanje! biggrin.gif

UVIJEK!!!

Vec sam imao nesto slicno, ali je bubnjar bio ekstremna pozercina i nije imao pojma o tajnama twinerice, pa smo mogli odsvirati samo pola Dark Saga albuma, ali sa ovom gnjidom Apeironom bez cijeloga nista nismo uradili, a da ne govorimo o Something Wicked triologiji...

• 1 month later...

Prilikom razdvajanja topica Iced Earth na dva dela od kojih je jedan bio namenjen za brisanje a drugi da ostane, kod ovog drugog su nestali svi postovi sem dva :? Uopste neznam sta se desilo, tako da cu ovu temu (Barlow napusta IE) pretvoriti u Iced Earth temu.