Candlemass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

From the very depths of gerontologija...

THE RETURN TO DOOM!!

EPICUS DOOMICUS METALLICUS SINGER JOHAN LANGQUIST IS BACK IN CANDLEMASS

Shocking news! EPICUS singer Johan Langquist is back after a 32 year hiatus replacing Mats Levén who’s been with the band since 2012. This is right in the middle of recording the new album. What happened?

“We wanted to find our way back to the roots of Candlemass, back to the soul and essence of the band. Johan Langquist is back and we hope this will give us some new energy and kickstart the heart of doom again. We don’t know if it will last 10 more years or even 5, but if it will give us just another year of having fun and playing the music that we love so much, it will be a blast! The circle is closed, Johan is back!"

More news will follow soon…

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Doomlovers!

I just wanted to tell you that we are done with the recording part of the album. It has been a year or so in the studio, lots of work, but the end result is so good so I think it has been worth all the sweat, toil, headaches etc. It actually sounds fxxxing Great!!

Johan is back in the band after 32 years, so that's also something worth celebrating, hehe... you can hear 3 snippets on our social media.

The record will be mixed in October for a spring release on Napalm. I truly think this is the best thing we've done in a looong time!

Lot's of gigs for 2019 are being booked right now. I'll get back to you regarding this and other stuff very soon:-)

Stay Depressed, Leif

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...