Katatonia

Grifon

17 hours ago, [Nocturno] said:

Da li te podseca ovo na nesto? Pitfalls?

Ovima ipak mnogo vise verujem 😄

Secam se jos kad su Unfurl izbacili da je neko spomenuo ovde da bi to mogao da bude dobar pravac za njih, ovo me podseca na to najvise, doduse trebalo im je jedno 14 godina. 

Sto kaze Grob, mogu da furaju sta hoce, ja sam i dalje fanboy, uz fusnotu da im apsolutno verujem da nece da se pogube kao Leprous u zelji da pomire pitkost i umetnicarenje.

Evo ga digest Jonasovog intervjua za Metal Hammer:

So, the interview mentions that the next album is produced by Jonas in a home studio (although it is mixed by Jacob Hansen). This, according to Jonas, resulted in more freedom during its creation. He also mentions that he has been writing new material since The Fall Of Hearts came out.

The new album, in his words, will be "more direct than our last". It will still have Prog elements in it, although it seems like they will be dialed back a little in favor of a more live-friendly sound. The album will also feature a expansion on the electronic elements the band uses and, bear with me, "there are a couple of songs that are amongst the heaviest we've done in a long time."

He also confirmed that the lyrics will be pretty much Katatonia's formula, although they will be darker than the ones we encountered on The Fall Of Hearts, more pessimistic.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Meni ovo dobro. Ima svačega, postoji kontinuitet sa prethodnim albumom ali i neophodna promena i jasan put dalje. Vokal je u centru pažnje, dok su instrumenti malo u pozadini. Dosta eksperimentisanja i eklektike dok je TFOH bio uglavnom gitarski album i najproggy Katatonia do tad. Sofisticirano i elegantno ali i sveže i zrelo je ovo, bend je pun samopouzdanja. Album je višeslojan i nekako je "na drugu loptu". Zadovoljan sam. 

Pa da, pre ce biti da ste se uzeleli ovog zvuka, posto album nije narocito epohalan ni po kom osnovu 😄 Meni i posle x slusanja verovatno najslabiji do sada, ali dovoljno dobar da bude obozavanje. Nadjoh neki Blakkheimov intrervju gde kaze da je ovo u stvari trebalo da bude Jonasov solo album:

https://metalinjection.net/interviews/katatonias-anders-nystrom-on-city-burials-bloodbath-and-stockholms-metal-scene

Well, to tell you the truth, ‘City Burials’ was originally supposed to become Jonas solo album, which he was working on together with Anders Eriksson (aka Frank Default) on guest keyboards in the mean time of the Katatonia hiatus. However, he changed his mind at the very last stage, just before hitting the studio with other musicians. Jonas rather wanted it to become a Katatonia album, so he played me all the songs and since he writes just as much music for Katatonia as I do (or in fact even more these days), the Katatonia connection was already there in most of the material with a fairly easy transition to apply. So, we decided re-arrange some of the songs, hit the studio and co-produce it together. Did it feel weird for me for the first time ever to see none of my songs on the album? Yes. Did it matter? Not really. The album passed far above the “quality control” and that’s what counts.