Kayo Dot (ex-maudlin of the Well)

scissors

• 1 month later...

Bilo bi dobro da snime nesto novo, takodje.

A ovih dana preslusavam Choirs of the Eye, jedan od najboljih albuma svih vremena, skoro sat vremena neceg najlepseg sto sam ikad cuo..

Pitcher of Summer me svaki put istripuje koliko je dobra stvar. Neopisivo recima.

And I lifted my piece of summer

Like a piece of memory or a dream

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmx7ayXS6LU

Svaki put kad slusam ovu stvar na slusalicama, osecam se kao gospodar svemira koji stvara i rusi citave svetove uz groteskan osmeh, kao besmrtnik koji pluta medj ljude i kontrolise njihovu sudbinu.. drone doom deo tamo negde nakon 5:00 je neopisiv recima. Mocno i savrseno.

Edited by Novaliis

• 1 month later...

prilican picvajz od albuma.

dobar odmor od coyote depresije, ne znam da li bi mogao takav album opet da unesem u sebe. ali verovatno nije ni mogao toby takav opet da napravi.

naravno kao svaki KD, morace mnogo da se slusa.

Meni je kul ovaj novi na prvo uvo. Što kaže Azal, trebaće mi vremena da legne kako treba ali mi se generalno sviđa. Glavna zamerka albumu je produkcija. Bubanj je mnogo utišan i stavljen u drugi plan a u nekim momentima baš fali ta jačina i gruv bubnja da da energiju. To mi najviše smeta za sada. A što se tiče coyote-a, meni je kojot lomljenje bubrega koliko je dobar album :). Meni je on i dalje najbolji kayo dot i baš mi je legao i moći ću još puno da ga slušam :). Ta "depra", kako kaže Laza, mi je baš legla na coyote-u :).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

http://www.kayodot.net/

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Boston-born, and now New York City-based veteran avant-metallers KAYO DOT, led by Toby Driver, are set to hit the studio for their 7th album, Hubardo, this April. This album will mark the 10-year anniversary of KAYO DOT's debut and landmark release, Choirs of The Eye, and the band will trek out to Avast Studios in Seattle, Washington, with producer RANDALL DUNN (SunnO))), Wolves In The Throne Room, Black Mountain) returning to the helm.

Hubardo is an approximately 90-minute conceptual epic double-album, with story and lyrics written by longtime lyricist and former MAUDLIN OF THE WELL vocalist, Jason Byron. Musically, the album covers the spectrum of all of the band's works, from the sparse doomy elements of Choirs of The Eye, to the blast-beat, woodwind-driven Gamma Knife, the chorus-bass goth fusion of Coyote, and even lush orchestrated prog moments harkening back to the days of their previous band, MAUDLIN OF THE WELL, and, as with all the band's releases, Driver and Co. venturing into new territory.

The album sees a returning cast of characters with Toby Driver on Bass, Keys, Guitars and Vocals, Terran Olson on Keys and Woodwinds, Daniel Means on Woodwinds and Synth, Mia Matsumiya on violin, Tim Byrnes on Trumpet and Horn in F, the first proper studio recording with Keith Abrams on drums, and the first recording contribution of longtime live collaborator Ron Varod on Guitar. Hubardo will also feature a very special guest vocal appearance by Jason Byron - his first recorded appearance since MAUDLIN OF THE WELL's 2001 albums, Bath and Leaving Your Body Map.

This album will be self-released on the band's own imprint, ICE LEVEL MUSIC, and pre-orders will be taken to help fund the recording and travel costs. Pre-Orders will be offered in 3xLP Deluxe, Standard, and Digital-only editions, featuring limited 200g colored vinyl in triple gatefold (six huge panels of artwork), a 5-chapter poem by Jason Byron entitled The Sword Of Satan, signed poster, T-shirt, guitar pick, and sticker. The Pre-Order system is now LIVE at http://kayodot.bigcartel.com

Here is the track listing for the album:

1. The Black Stone (~7:00)

2. Crown-In-The-Muck (~9:00)

3. Thief (~5:30)

4. Vision Adjustment To Another Wavelength (~5:00)

5. Zodelida Caosaji (To Water The Earth) (~6:00)

6. The First Matter (Saturn In The Guise Of Sadness) (~9:30)

7. The Second Operation (Lunar Water) (~10:30)

8. Floodgate (~7:00)

9. And He Built Him A Boat (~7:00)

10. Passing The River (~8:00)

11. The Wait Of The World (~18:00)

The Pre-Order system is now LIVE at http://kayodot.bigcartel.com and the records will be limited to 300 copies for the Deluxe Edition and 200 copies for the Standard Edition. Hubardo is slated for a fall 2013 release to coincide with Kayo Dot's tenth anniversary.

To.

+ za Byronov udeo i celu ideju, zvuči kao da će biti zabavno slušanje, malo sam pauzirao od Kayo Dota sa Stained Glass/Gamma Knife izdanjima a dok gledam ovaj tracklist asocira me broj i nazivi pesama na Maudlin, nadam se i da će muzika da bude u više u tom fazonu nakon klaustrofobije sa Coyote i Gamma Knife.

Edited by Лука