Kayo Dot (ex-maudlin of the Well)

scissors

• 3 weeks later...

evo najave sa Tzadik-a.

Toby Driver: In The Li Li Library Loft [#8019]

A beautiful collection of modern compositions by the brilliant young mastermind of Maudlin of the Well/Kayo Dot, a cutting edge band combining a classical ear for structure and orchestration with the power and immediacy of heavy and black metal. Featuring several of his band mates in key roles, and a number of special guests, this is music of great detail and searing passion. Years in the making, this is a CD that will surely catapult Toby into the eyes and ears of an exciting new audience. Four moody masterpieces of magic and horror.

• 1 month later...

Kayo Dot - Dowsing Anemone with Copper Tongue, album je završen

"This beast of an album spans 60+ minutes and will be available everywhere on January 10th, 2006"

1. Gemini Becoming the Tripod

2. Immortelle and Paper Caravelle

3. Aura on an Asylum Wall

4. ...on Lipid Form

5. Amaranth the Peddler

--

i šta je sa ovim blek metal solo albumom?

---

više informacija o kayo dot albumu na http://www.roboticempire.com/

konačno.

ima i nekih klipova.

user posted image

sad vidim da će ovaj album moći da se uzme još od prvog oktobra..

" The album will be available in advance from the band on their upcoming seven-week full-US tour, which launches October 1st:

"

kewl

Edited by KRANG

aaa... super!

pa pise 'Full-length, Robotic Empire 2005' tako da je verovatno novi album. zakon!

cover(koji je sranje):

user posted image

i na http://www.kayodot.net/www/audio3.html imas direktne linkove za dwnld samle-ova.

edit: up'o si mi.

Edited by Superius Deus

jel čuo neko klipove?

tu i tamo, ima da se skine oko 15 minuta materijala sa novog albuma.

definitivno su mi tri stvari postale kristalno jasne.

1. album će biti jebeno genijalan.. imaju zvuk koji je prepoznatljiv posle 0.5 sec... ne može se mnogo toga reći na osnovu nekoliko 3-minutnih isečaka, ali se vidi da album veoma ozbiljan.

2. u pesmi "on limpid form" su pokrali mar de grises.. ko bude slušao, videće. haha

3. ja sam car.

slusao ja. s obzirom da im pesme traju po 10ak+ minuta, malo se toga moze reci na osnovu 1min klipova. al tu je prepoznatljiv kayo zvuk i Immortelle and Paper Caravelle deluje veoma zanimljivo. ipak ovi sample-ovi nista ne znace dok se pesma ne cuje cela. novi kayo ima da bude biggreens.gif

• 2 weeks later...

nije mi jasno...

trebalo je da se pojavi.. icon_confused.gif

nema ga nigde.

a nema ni tobijevog solo albuma.

valjda će se pojaviti oba uskoro..

Toby Driver - In the Li Li Library Loft

street date oct. 18. 2005

biće to cool.. imaćemo 2 kayo dot albuma odjednom. overdose

evo detalja o solo albumu.. ko je sve tamo, i kako se zovu pesme:

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/...ibrary+Loft.htm

nesto sto je toby pisao o pesmama sa solo albuma.

Ruby Blood

This song probably gave me the most trouble out of anything I've ever worked on. basically I started off with one of the ideas I mentioned on the horrorca page, that is, miking things really loudly and then touching them in unconventional ways. For this song, I knew that certain metal objects such as cymbals or pots would produce weird but recognizable tones under these circumstances, so I set out to do a piece consisting of only that. It didn't really work, and I blame the fact that out of all the objects I had, there were only maybe 10 variant tones between them. (Who knew that most cookware makers tune their pots to either G# or F#?) In any case I ultimately had to end up adding guitar and vocals to make the piece into something more than just a soundscape.

Kandu vs. Corky (Horrorca)

This one's a drone metal song that loves bell-shaped things. The rhythm is basically a bell-curve shape over and over again, and some of the instrumentation (bells, and sine waves) are themselves bell-shaped. Part of the original idea was to mic things really loud but play them extra-quietly, so that they sounded really artifact-laden on tape. The strings at the beginning use this idea, as well as some of the cymbals, which we miked right above the rim of each, and a simple touch would produce an insanely resonant bass tone. That's basically all there is to it... droney, bellcurvy, miked loud, and microtonal. The title recalls this incident... horror + orca = horrorca!

additional musicians - sam gutterman, sheel dave, mia matsumiya, ryan mcguire, forbes graham, doug la rosa.