Counterignition

krchulj

evo i prve recenzije koju sam dobio:

COUNTERIGNITION

Spit or swallow

Counterignition is a Trash Metal band from Kovin/Serbia. This band exists since 2006 and till now they recorded two demos and the album “Spit or swallow” back in 2009 and it’s now released. Now they signed with DDN Records and released it finally. On this album are 11 songs and they are all between 3 and 8 minutes long. 8 minutes can be a long playtime for a Trash Metal song, but these longer songs are not boring in anyway. They need the time to fully show their potential. Counterignition mixes the best parts from bands such as Pantera, Slayer and Megadeth with their own style. Sometimes, some kind of folk music can be found in the songs. Some of their songs are very good and have something new to offer. They are not the regular kind of Trash Metal band which make only noise. “Border” is a good example of their good ideas they have. I am not picking this song out of the list as an only good idea in the whole album. Every song here has some new ideas too. “Lawless” is maybe the best example when it’s up to the fresh ideas. Some of the guitar lines in this song sound a little bit folk in them. Some other song here have also quiet a potential to be a hit. “Life sentenced” is the longest song on this record, but the length of it doesn’t border the potential of this song to be a hit. I can’t say that there is a weaker song on this album, but these tow songs are the best songs for me on this album. If you like Trash Metal and you got tired of these normal Trash bands, than I would recommend you this album.

VOTO: 75/100

http://undergroundzinewebzine.weebly.com/4/post/2011/06/counterignition-spit-or-swallow.html

čekaj, nemoj mene da mešaš s tim kovincima, ja ne slušam nirvanu :cool:

pošalji mi adresu ovde ili na fejsu, i reci kako hoćeš da platiš, pouzećem ili na uplatnicu (tako poštarina izadje 70 din. umesto 130, ako ti to znači nešto)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

CounterIgnitioN na SOUNDS FROM HELL kompilaciji

3280987518-1.jpg

1.LOGICAL TERROR - gender 3000 03:31

2.SIMUS - drops and lies 03:42

3.COLLAPSE - terminator 03:28

4.DLL- la noia del boia 03:35

5.WORMHOLE - storyteller 04:54

6.WINDFALL - life challenge 05:08

7.IBRIDOMA - face to face 03:23

8.LAST CALL BACK HOME - where te line starts 03:20

9.WINTERAGE - ancient forces 04:57

10.NAFAK - apocaliptica 05:14

11.COUNTER IGNITION - life sentenced 06:56

12.SWEEL99 - race 03:19

13.MAD CHICKENS - hysteric head 04:02

Edited by krchulj
  • Upvote 1

Although this band hails from Kovin, Serbia they could be from right here in the states. Seriously there's a Thrash/Groove Metal act in every burg around the country that has a live music scene. But I shall not let my own personal stateside experiences and prejudices effect a quality (?) review of this release. Everyone knows I'm objectionable (ha!) I mean as far as my ignorance the Serbian music scene goes these guys could be kings. What has become old here in the states is still thriving in Europe. Look at Thrash and Speed Metal for example. Now I'm probably wrong in classifying this as only Thrash and Groove Metal, not that those styles are not in play here which they are. But the fact is that COUNTERIGNITION play a combination of many variations of those themes which run throughout their songs. They even toss in some folk elements and more melodic passages which really blows away any pre-conceptions. Pigeon holing them would simply be an insult. What I like is how they pile on plenty of sludge into those grooves at times plus they include some edgy solos added to that the vocals are rough sounding. Those three elements alone plus with their variations show that these guys are not playing by the genre template rules.

When I first read the info about em and saw those words "thrash/groove metal" I thought the worst. For those of you who read Scumfeast Metal 666 regularly (and frankly who doesn't) you know that I have no love for that genre of metal. I even consider it mainstream instead of extreme. Listening to this release I can honestly say that this band has progressed ahead of the tired thrash/groove genre to add personal character into it. And they do it with subtlety plus the production on here is slightly raw which makes it an interesting release. You wouldn't think it to be technical but once again that's all in the subtlety. They throw a cool sounding headbanging groove at you and then bend it towards a different direction completely. You listen to this a few times and you can catch so much they are hitting you with. Like I said I'm not a fan of the genre but after listening to this it's obvious that COUNTERIGNITION is pushing the boundaries to meet with their own creativeness.

• 3 weeks later...

epilog svirke u Šidu:

mazda se pokvarila, zakasnili smo na koncert pa su nas stavili da sviramo na kraju, onda nas je murija prekinula posle druge pesme, onda smo na nekoj pumpi 2 sata popravljali mazdu sa nozem, francuskim kljucem koji smo koristili kao klesta i cekic, i ruckom sa mladjine gitare... oko 3 smo sredili sve i krenuli, a onda se mazda raspala, bukvalno! puko nam zadnji desni kos ali i to smo resili, pomocu cigli! 8) u Kovin smo stigli u 11 ujutru

elem, putešestvije se nastavlja:

19.8. Ruma - Rule fest

20.8. sVršac - Dom Omladine

27.8. Crvenka - Cmok Fest

'Spit or Swallow' is a simple album. Thrash/Groove Metal that’s either played at break-neck speeds or with back-breaking, heavy grooves, all played with extreme aggression. We have lots of breakdowns, lots of shredding solos, and an abundance of angry growls and violent screams, that are quite similar to Phil Anselmos’s later work in Pantera.

There’s lots of brilliant heaviness and raw aggression here, and it put on a pretty spectacular first impression, but after the first full listen through the album, you realize how familiar it all sounds. Where could I have heard this before? Oh yeah! It’s called 'Vulgar Display of Power', and it came first. Tracks like “Sell Your Soul” have some really heavy, crushing riffs to flaunt, and so do most of the tracks on this album. They’re very effective in getting you pumped and angry, ready to throw a chair through a window, but really, as cool as these songs may be for the first few listens, the lack originality and generic vocals don’t warrant many repeat listens.

However, there are shining moments here, such as “Secret to You…Denied,” which shows the band can really offer some original material if they really tried. In their defense though, this album is probably the best Pantera rip off I’ve ever heard, and I’ve heard a lot. There are some really cool, memorable melodies hidden in the album, the solos are kickass (to say the least), and it effectively gets you pumped up. It’s not too original, but it’s cool and it’s fun. Not a bad entry in the Groove/Thrash genre, and I suggest that you get all the enjoyment you can from this album before it inevitably gets put down and forgotten about, because there’s definitely some enjoyment to be had here.

Taj rad. Hahah tako ti je to kad iz ludnice u Kovinu, dodjete u ludnicu u Vršcu...

Drago nam je, potrudili smo se a i volim to kada ispred malo ljudi svirate kao da ih je hiljadu. Svaka čast na tome, bili i ostali isti...

Prošli ste ono takmičenje a? Odlično, samo sad će biti bolje, neće biti ona mala bina hehe...

Sledeći put kada dolazite, vidite da se ne potrefite sa ovim Beer festom, da dodju ljudi...

:pivopije: care...

Beer fest, Rock village, mi sami... dobro je bilo i onoliko ljudi :D. Možda dodjemo opet u spetembru, na Groždjnbal, tu smo redovni, videću s Tanjom da li možemo da se prijavimo i ove godine.

U Rumi sviramo na gradskom trgu, biće valjda bolja bina, ovamo u domu su od najbolje bine u Srbiji napravili platformu za DJ pult, eventualno može klavijatura i pevaljka da stanu :D.

Btw, ako neko iz Rume čita ovo, mi smo u 21:30, dodjite na vreme :P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCIhmoPWJTA&feature=share

Beer fest, Rock village, mi sami... dobro je bilo i onoliko ljudi :D. Možda dodjemo opet u spetembru, na Groždjnbal, tu smo redovni, videću s Tanjom da li možemo da se prijavimo i ove godine.

U Rumi sviramo na gradskom trgu, biće valjda bolja bina, ovamo u domu su od najbolje bine u Srbiji napravili platformu za DJ pult, eventualno može klavijatura i pevaljka da stanu :D.

Btw, ako neko iz Rume čita ovo, mi smo u 21:30, dodjite na vreme :P.

u rumi će na trgu biti zlo od bine, radi jedna firma chameleon, koji rade noć muzeja, stejdževe na exitu i svim većim događajima (čak su i papu ozvučavali u zagrebu!!!)

• 4 weeks later...