Killswitch Engage

azal

Ako ikog zanima...Evo jessijev najnoviji blog

One of the best hardcore bands ever!

This band made me want to scream & write intelligent conscious lyrics. Although I am sure you won't be able to understand the words, these guys talked about political issues. They are easily one of my biggest influences at the age of 16. To this day no band has captured such an intense & RAW sound. I will always be a fan of this band. This was back in a time when all of the extreme music was just starting to morph into the crossover sounds of metal & hardcore, back when this music was unpredictable & intense! hate to be that guy but man, back in the day...ha ha..this music/hardcore music changed my life forever...Enjoy Groundwork!

http://www.myspace.com/groundworkaz

• 3 weeks later...

It has been over five years since I parted ways with Killswitch Engage, although on a daliy basis I get countless emails & requests for me to rejoin Killswitch or do "metalcore" or "metal" again. I don't have any intrest in doing either of those things for obvious reasons & the fact it is not who I am or where I feel I belong in my creative life. I do not want to repeat myself or move backwards with what I do.

However I can not deny Heavy/aggressive music is in my blood. So all that being said I give you "The Empire Shall Fall"

This is my attempt at creating, not just music but conveying a mood and an atmosphere. If I am able to stimulate your mind with the words I write all the better.

This will be my experiment & I make no appologies if you don't dig it or if you want to voice your opinion on which direction I should take or any of that, save your energy. ha not trying to come off sour just being honest...

This is... what it is: Music made out of a absolute need to :"let it all hang out". I don't know what direction this will take but I can tell you this, I am not limiting myself or striving for hits in ANY way with this music, it will be raw & natural. I plan on shooting some footage to put to some of this music to & perhaps some in studio performances. I have begun the first track & hope to finish it this week.

Since I am unable to tour at this point in my life do to many obligations, I will do my best to make this as interactive as possible with updates & even some documentary type footage to let you in on some of the creative process, that I will eventually upload to this site. I will also try to keep the songs coming as frequently as I feel the inspiration.

I have no one to answer to with this music, no deadlines, no A&R reps & no opinions to sway my creative drive...this is my blank canvas.

Thank you for caring & paying attention I truley appeciate you all!

Jonie Mitchell once said & it stuck with me.

"If you tell the truth you may only fill half the house, but it is worth it".

In other words Stay true to yourself no matter the consequenses so here I am

my integrity intact.

After a brief dinner with my wife, I will continue work in my studio.

Peace & God's Blessed Love

Jesse

"As musicians we have the ability to change, influence & uplift the minds of mankind. All that you say & what you present will be digested & absorbed."

http://www.myspace.com/theempireshallfall